Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK players in NBA Hall-of-Fame/ Basketball Hall-of-Fame
I did a little research and I could not find a particular list or anything that had the player's name with the school listed. I was hoping that someone on here could help. I saw a post on ESPN from someone that said that UNC has 5, Kansas has 2, Duke has 0 but they did not elaborate any further. Does anyone have any of these facts or a reference?

The only on that I thought would be Pat Riley but I am not for sure if he is actually in.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dan Issel, Frank Ramsey, Cliff Hagan. This is all I was able to find. According to the site that google sent me to, these are the only three from UK in the HOF.
I figured Issel was there but I was guessing it was an ABA hall of fame.
Does the main basketball hall-of-fame encompass the ABA as well?
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
Wow! No Rupp in the basketball Hall-of-Fame?
Sorry, just saw where it said PLAYERS. My mistake.
For just anyone..... Rupp and isnt Joe B???
[SIZE="4"]
CM Newton
Adolph Rupp
Pat Riley
Dan Issel
Cliff Hagan
Frank Ramsey

And if Rajon Rondo continues at the pace he is going...I have no doubt that he will join them!

I thought there may be more with all the players from the Rupp era.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
^ So we have 4 players in the hall
[SIZE="4"]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:^ So we have 4 players in the hall

No, Riley was inducted as a coach.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
^ Hmmmm Well I guess UK can only bost 3 for a while...UNC has the 5, UK with 3, KU with 2 and Duke with 0. Well I guess this has potential to change in the distance future.
[SIZE="4"]