Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeAndre Daniels to UK?
I heard that DeAndre Daniels would playing in January for uk............does anyone know anything about this???
What does this kid look like?
Ive heard a little bit about him but not too much.
Could he actually help UK out this year in a productive way scoring wise?
It sure would be nice to have another big man on the roster
DeAndre was rated #36 by scout.com and committed to texas , but then withdrawed from texas and entered prep school for a year, but is now thinking of joining a team in January
If he don't get to play next semester than he's probably going to redshirt but from what I've read he wants to play as soon as possible.
Im not too optimistic about this situation seeing as though the bulk of his playing time will come next year against studs like Gilchrist. I think that he could give us a little more depth for the remainder of the year but it does not solve much as far as the post problems (thin). I think if he wants to come in get used to the system and be a lil more polished for playing time next year then he may come.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm hearing that he has other schools even higher on his list.
I wouldn't get my hopes up about this kid.
On a bright note though, his father did say that they enjoyed their visit and that UK's campus is one of the best in the country.
He's going to redshirt in the spring.
http://www.nationofblue.com/breaking-dea...ring-4123/
All I wanna know is.. Is he the Big Man that our team desires?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I believe he more of a forward than a big man.
^Well darn.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
If he is redshirting then he wouldn't help this year's team anyways.
Aslan Wrote:He's going to redshirt in the spring.
http://www.nationofblue.com/breaking-dea...ring-4123/

FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:If he is redshirting then he wouldn't help this year's team anyways.

Yep, then it does nothing for this year. My guess is, if you Red Shirt, you cannot participate in team practice? No matter what, him being around the team would go a long way to acclimating him to the teams offensive and defensive scheme.
Stardust Wrote:Yep, then it does nothing for this year. My guess is, if you Red Shirt, you cannot participate in team practice? No matter what, him being around the team would go a long way to acclimating him to the teams offensive and defensive scheme.

I am pretty sure that you can practice if you redshirt. The rules for football may be different, my wife's cousin redshirt for Buffalo this year,and he was able to dress for home games and participated in scrimmages.
You're even allowed to play in a very small % of the regular season game..very small but you are allowed to practice as much as you want. that is why some people do it so that they have another year to get better in college.
Has anything developed today with DeAndre??
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
http://www.nationofblue.com/sources-dean...ucky-4163/

Thoughts on this possibility?
Interesting.... I still do not really see it happening though. You just have to kind of look at the future with that position.
[SIZE="4"]
http://www.nationofblue.com/deandre-dani...g-up-4183/
[I]If you haven't heard already, Rivals.com is reporting that DeAndre Daniels is not going to visit North Carolina State and is going to visit Texas instead. Daniels at first committed to Texas and then decided to decommit to look at other options.

Daniels looks like he is making things interesting for everyone, including the coaches that are recruiting him. I am going to stay firm on what my sources say(90% sure) and I am thinking he will end up at Kentucky. Of course my sources could be wrong, but hey, nobody paid to read what I wrote. I also wasn't writing it to be #wrongonpurpose, so if Daniels doesn't end up at Kentucky, then I guess we will try again next time. I am thinking Trevor Lacey would be a pretty good consolation prize anyway. Go Cats!!
[/I]