Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jazz 117 - Magic 105
The Jazz finish up a season sweep of the Magic.

Dwight Howard went 5-15 for 14 pts and added 12 boards.
Deron Williams had 32 pts and 9 assists.
Besides Deron Williams, I could not name you another Jazz player.
Stardust Wrote:Besides Deron Williams, I could not name you another Jazz player.

C'mon Dusty.
Raja Bell
Paul Milsap
Andrei Kirilenko
Gordon Hayward
and Mehmet Okur if he'll ever come back from injury
zaga_fan Wrote:C'mon Dusty.
Raja Bell
Paul Milsap
Andrei Kirilenko
Gordon Hayward
and Mehmet Okur if he'll ever come back from injury

Just goes to show, I thought Kirilenko left last season... I did not know Bell or Milsap was there, and I don't have a clue who Gordon Hayward is. Goes to show you, great coaching can make good talent great (where is widcatk23 :biggrinSmile
Stardust Wrote:Just goes to show, I thought Kirilenko left last season... I did not know Bell or Milsap was there, and I don't have a clue who Gordon Hayward is. Goes to show you, great coaching can make good talent great (where is widcatk23 :biggrinSmile

He's the kid that led Butler to the NCAA championship last year.
I don't think he's that great.
I just thought you might know him lol
This has been bad trip to the West Coast for the Magic.
MVP2 Wrote:This has been bad trip to the West Coast for the Magic.

Everyone has a bad trip when they have to face Jerry Sloan!!!!

BTW....
I saw some stats on SportsCenter today.
Jerry Sloan has more wins than Phil Jackson.
We all know who has more rings lol
I just thought that was interesting.
Stardust Wrote:Just goes to show, I thought Kirilenko left last season... I did not know Bell or Milsap was there, and I don't have a clue who Gordon Hayward is. Goes to show you, great coaching can make good talent great (where is widcatk23 :biggrin:)

Without the TALENT of WIlliams this team wouldnt win 10 games. No matter who coached it.
^Gimme a break.
Deron Williams wasn't even a highly touted PG coming out of college and he plays under Jerry Sloan and averages 10 assists a game.

I seem to remember Jerry Sloan doing this with another PG as well.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Without the TALENT of WIlliams this team wouldnt win 10 games. No matter who coached it.

Without the talents of MJ and Kobe, Phil wouldn't have 11 rings Big Grin
zaga_fan Wrote:^Gimme a break.
Deron Williams wasn't even a highly touted PG coming out of college and he plays under Jerry Sloan and averages 10 assists a game.

I seem to remember Jerry Sloan doing this with another PG as well.

OK? I was just saying williams is the only reason this team wins anything. The things he does on court cant be coached. He is super talented and one of the Best PGs in the league.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:OK? I was just saying williams is the only reason this team wins anything. The things he does on court cant be coached. He is super talented and one of the Best PGs in the league.

If John Calipari had this same team they wouldn't make the playoffs
zaga_fan Wrote:If John Calipari had this same team they wouldn't make the playoffs

And this is based on? His little time in the NBA? Your hate for CAL blinds you to his coaching ability.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:And this is based on? His little time in the NBA? Your hate for CAL blinds you to his coaching ability.

Just because he coaches UK does not mean he's a great coach.
He's done nothing to prove he's a great coach. Great recruiter yes, but definitely not a great coach.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:And this is based on? His little time in the NBA? Your hate for CAL blinds you to his coaching ability.

Your love for UK blinds you to his coaching inability
zaga_fan Wrote:Your love for UK blinds you to his coaching inability

I'm closer to buying your side of the argument:biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:I'm closer to buying your side of the argument:biggrin:

I wasn't a Cal fan at Memphis.
I'm not going to be a Cal fan at Kentucky unless he proves something.
His vacated Final 4 appearances mean nothing to me.
He has never proven to be an in-game X's and O's guy
zaga_fan Wrote:Your love for UK blinds you to his coaching inability

He is 483–145, that says it all.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:He is 483–145, that says it all.

He's a great recruiter though

George Karl got his 1000 NBA win the other night, does that make him a great coach? lol.
Seriously Cal don't have an official final four under his belt, if you don't have one of those you can't be a great coach Big Grin

Let him keep up that amazing record at UK and not win any championships.
They'll be calling for his head just like they did Tubby's.
We've trapped wildcat2k3 in a Utah Jazz thread with 3 posters that aren't UK homers.....
Will he make it out alive?
Aslan Wrote:George Karl got his 1000 NBA win the other night, does that make him a great coach? lol.
Seriously Cal don't have an official final four under his belt, if you don't have one of those you can't be a great coach Big Grin

Shame on you! You cannot be a UK fan and Not Worship and believe that Calipari is the greatest coach since Adolph Rupp himself. You must turn in your Wildcat Fan Card - NOW!!! :Clap:
zaga_fan Wrote:We've trapped wildcat2k3 in a Utah Jazz thread with 3 posters that aren't UK homers.....

I'm a UK True Blue Fan, that disliked Cal before he came to UK, and that has not changed just because he is now at UK. I've said before, I want banners in the rafters, and I don't care how he does it:igiveup:
^ Well the way the NCAA Committee decides who cheats and who dont's people can cheat whenever they want.......
zaga_fan Wrote:We've trapped wildcat2k3 in a Utah Jazz thread with 3 posters that aren't UK homers.....

Trapped? Ill win this one easy Smile

Coach k was at Duke 11 years before they won a title. Went to 4-5 final fours before actually winning the title game. Cal will get his Championship. And more than one.
Aslan Wrote:Just because he coaches UK does not mean he's a great coach.
He's done nothing to prove he's a great coach. Great recruiter yes, but definitely not a great coach.

HE was a great coach before he came to UK.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Trapped? Ill win this one easy Smile

Coach k was at Duke 11 years before they won a title. Went to 4-5 final fours before actually winning the title game. Cal will get his Championship. And more than one.

When Coach K came to Duke it wasn't the national power that they are today.
He has pretty much responsible for the modern dynasty they have there.

Cal definitely won't be at UK for 11 years without a Championship.
If he doesn't get one in 5(AT THE MAX) he's gone.
zaga_fan Wrote:Cal definitely won't be at UK for 11 years without a Championship.
If he doesn't get one in 5(AT THE MAX) he's gone.

HE will have one by then, ANd if he dont. Ill never post in this one thread here again. Give him 1-3 years and he will have that ring. Some will say well he cheated. Well Duke Did, NEwton Did, Who Cares. Like tidehoss32 says. A Championship is a championship.