Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(16) UK-72 vs (23) Norte Dame-58
Amun-Ra Wrote:And by being that "cocky" he caused the crowd to taunt him and thus he went for 2 points the last 25 mins of the game. Don't go all overboard just because you are hot at the moment, it don't always last.

Now if that was a UK player acting cocking you wouldn't have a problem with it Big Grin
Aslan Wrote:Now if that was a UK player acting cocking you wouldn't have a problem with it Big Grin

Cousins got a little on my nerves last year.
^

I know what you mean, but I absolutely loved the Miss St game when he did the phone thing to the Miss St fans.
MVP2 Wrote:^

I know what you mean, but I absolutely loved the Miss St game when he did the phone thing to the Miss St fans.

That was great because of the calls he was getting.
I love players that are cocky!
MVP2 Wrote:^

Me and you both!
Benchwarmer Wrote:Cousins got a little on my nerves last year.

I could not stand Cousins for most of the entire year. It wasn't until the end of the year that I could actually feel like I enjoyed watching him.

I am perfectly fine with Cocky and Confident. I'm fine with with "displays" of emotion and even trash-talking. But there is a fine line of players doing it with class, and those who are classless. Hansbrough is my definition of classless. Cousins I felt was classless.

People mostly overlook Jordan, but MJ, per his peers, was the most demonstrative and best trash talker in the NBA's history. People don't like Lebron's fist pumps, but MJ took fist-pumping to a new level. I'm not a fan of Kobe, but Kobe is today's version of MJ - he is the leagues most cocky and arrogant player on the court. The difference between their arrogance and the way Hansbrough acts is that they did it within the confines of the game and did not make their acts just about themselves. They did it with class, Hansbrough does not.
Aslan Wrote:Now if that was a UK player acting cocking you wouldn't have a problem with it Big Grin
I would if he only scored 2 points for the next 25 mins after he acted like he one the National title. I am a big critic of how we play and act.

Cousins last year did get on my nerves sometimes especially when he wasn't producing but still talking trash. If you go out and get your double-double and win then yes you can talk it.
theVILLE Wrote:I like the Hansbrough kid! His attitude wasnt "bad" it was just cocky!

Which made him look like a pure idiot. The kid wasnt that good. I mean wow he hit a few shots, but at the same time his team was being held to 58 points on the night. Hes more trouble for the team then he is help.
I wouldnt trade Josh Harrellson for him and those of you who know me know thats saying A LOT!!
Amun-Ra Wrote:I would if he only scored 2 points for the next 25 mins after he acted like he one the National title. I am a big critic of how we play and act.

Cousins last year did get on my nerves sometimes especially when he wasn't producing but still talking trash. If you go out and get your double-double and win then yes you can talk it.

I'll buy that:Thumbs:
I'm all for players talking trash and being cocky.
I'm pretty close to the bottom tier of basketball players around here....
However, I never shut up on the court lol
^ lmao!
That is why God made elbows, to shut up cocky overbearing players. You noticed the elder Hansbrough seem to have a bloody face in many of the North Carolina games. Mini-me Hansbrough isn't good enough yet to be talking trash.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:That is why God made elbows, to shut up cocky overbearing players. You noticed the elder Hansbrough seem to have a bloody face in many of the North Carolina games. Mini-me Hansbrough isn't good enough yet to be talking trash.

As I said, run Polson into the game for ONE PLAY :biggrin:
OrangenowBlue Wrote:That is why God made elbows, to shut up cocky overbearing players. You noticed the elder Hansbrough seem to have a bloody face in many of the North Carolina games. Mini-me Hansbrough isn't good enough yet to be talking trash.

Stardust Wrote:As I said, run Polson into the game for ONE PLAY :biggrin:

LOL :Thumbs:
The baby Hansbro is not even that good. More lucky than anything.
Stardust Wrote:I could not stand Cousins for most of the entire year. It wasn't until the end of the year that I could actually feel like I enjoyed watching him.

I am perfectly fine with Cocky and Confident. I'm fine with with "displays" of emotion and even trash-talking. But there is a fine line of players doing it with class, and those who are classless. Hansbrough is my definition of classless. Cousins I felt was classless.

People mostly overlook Jordan, but MJ, per his peers, was the most demonstrative and best trash talker in the NBA's history. People don't like Lebron's fist pumps, but MJ took fist-pumping to a new level. I'm not a fan of Kobe, but Kobe is today's version of MJ - he is the leagues most cocky and arrogant player on the court. The difference between their arrogance and the way Hansbrough acts is that they did it within the confines of the game and did not make their acts just about themselves. They did it with class, Hansbrough does not.

True:Thumbs:
Thought the intensity was much better for the Cats in the 2nd Half. They seemed tight in the first half and the way ND played and shot the ball, UK could have been down a lot. Instead they held on in the 1st and took it to the Irish. Good win!
Aslan Wrote:I love players that are cocky!

As long as they have some class about it. Playing with that passion is why I love college sports. He also had reason to be cocky without him we beat ND by 30.