Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowboys-38 Colts-35 (OT)
Any thoughts?
Love it! Love seeing the Mannings go down in defeat.
Hopefully somebody steps up in the Colts division and takes that playoff birth from them.
Shame to see Peyton Manning have to play with virtually no help. The guy is all class, and people hate him because he is clean, stays out of trouble, and the media has chosen to show what is good in sport instead of making guys who are accused of illicit acts as their poster children.
As each game goes by, we are seeing how overrated Romo is. They need to rehire Phillips. I miss his incompetence.
Stardust Wrote:Shame to see Peyton Manning have to play with virtually no help. The guy is all class, and people hate him because he is clean, stays out of trouble, and the media has chosen to show what is good in sport instead of making guys who are accused of illicit acts as their poster children.

Manning threw 4 picks. 2 Pick 6's. This game is on his shoulders.
Stardust Wrote:Shame to see Peyton Manning have to play with virtually no help. The guy is all class, and people hate him because he is clean, stays out of trouble, and the media has chosen to show what is good in sport instead of making guys who are accused of illicit acts as their poster children.

Before Brady got Moss a few years ago, he was in the same boat with a bunch of no name recievers and backs. Brady still found a way to win though so there's no excuse for Peyton. At least he has Wayne, who imo, is one of the best recievers in the game.
Can't lay all the blame on surrounding cast. Manning's arm is starting to weaken and he just can't make some of the passes he use to. Don't get me wrong though. He is still a great QB and will be for quite a while. Just one of those things that happens with age and of course he and receivers not on same page.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Manning with 11 interceptions on the year. Put all the blame on Peyton.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Manning threw 4 picks. 2 Pick 6's. This game is on his shoulders.

WALL2WALL Wrote:Manning with 11 interceptions on the year. Put all the blame on Peyton.

What? You all have to be kidding me.

Manning without Collie, Clark, and James. they can't get the run going. So defenses just key on Manning's arm. And did anyone see Reggie Wayne get smacked right in the face with the ball? There is no way you can blame these loses on Manning. Wait til he gets his team back and they can establish the run and then you'll see Peyton going for his regular numbers.

But to blame Manning for everything, is crazy! It's not his fault his key players are injured.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Peyton used to have these games in the playoffs....
I've never seen him have 3 of them back-to-back
zaga_fan Wrote:Peyton used to have these games in the playoffs....
I've never seen him have 3 of them back-to-back

He's never had this many key players out with injuries..
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
MisterPerfect Wrote:He's never had this many key players out with injuries..

No excuses, it's all Peytons fault.
As far as injuries to the rest of the team....

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

Peyton is a great QB....
but now he's being asked to do what every other QB in the league is asked to do.

to win with a team that doesn't have 2 top 10 WRs and a top flight TE with a sure handed RB to check down to.

He has been in the perfect situation for a QB for years and it could never last.

This has already been mentioned, but evidently no one else paid it any attention....
but Brady had no one in New England and had an aging Corey Dillon on his roster and got it done.
He made Deion Branch look so good that he got a fat check with the Seahawks and then they found out he wasn't that good.
Randy Moss did nothing in Oakland, got sent to New England, and we saw a duo which has NEVER been matched over the course of a single season in NFL history.
Now he's back to putting up meager numbers with other teams.
I just think Peyton has always got more respect than he deserved.
Peyton is just having an off season, yeah he more then likely will not be in the playoffs, but next year when he gets everyone back healthy, then he will be fine.
Aslan Wrote:Before Brady got Moss a few years ago, he was in the same boat with a bunch of no name recievers and backs. Brady still found a way to win though so there's no excuse for Peyton. At least he has Wayne, who imo, is one of the best recievers in the game.

Brady never played with guys that were 3rd on the depth chart. There is a major difference in having no-name players and guys who were not even on an NFL roster at the beginning of the season!
zaga_fan Wrote:As far as injuries to the rest of the team....

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

Peyton is a great QB....
but now he's being asked to do what every other QB in the league is asked to do.

to win with a team that doesn't have 2 top 10 WRs and a top flight TE with a sure handed RB to check down to.

He has been in the perfect situation for a QB for years and it could never last.

This has already been mentioned, but evidently no one else paid it any attention....
but Brady had no one in New England and had an aging Corey Dillon on his roster and got it done.
He made Deion Branch look so good that he got a fat check with the Seahawks and then they found out he wasn't that good.
Randy Moss did nothing in Oakland, got sent to New England, and we saw a duo which has NEVER been matched over the course of a single season in NFL history.

6 Agree 100%. Manning has always had that dominate team and usually would pull these kind of games come playoff time.

MisterPerfect Wrote:What? You all have to be kidding me.

Manning without Collie, Clark, and James. they can't get the run going. So defenses just key on Manning's arm. And did anyone see Reggie Wayne get smacked right in the face with the ball? There is no way you can blame these loses on Manning. Wait til he gets his team back and they can establish the run and then you'll see Peyton going for his regular numbers.

But to blame Manning for everything, is crazy! It's not his fault his key players are injured.

Manning is the QB. YOu cant blame 4 interceptions on his other players.
Stardust Wrote:Brady never played with guys that were 3rd on the depth chart. There is a major difference in having no-name players and guys who were not even on an NFL roster at the beginning of the season!

Pretty sure brady was himself wasn't he? You cant blame all those picks on his team mates.
zaga_fan Wrote:As far as injuries to the rest of the team....

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

Peyton is a great QB....

Agree 100%
Stardust Wrote:Brady never played with guys that were 3rd on the depth chart. There is a major difference in having no-name players and guys who were not even on an NFL roster at the beginning of the season!
Nope. For a few years there Brady was in a worse situation than Peyton has ever been in and still put up good #s and w's.
Last night Brady's stats were as follows.

21/29 for 326 yards and 4 touchdowns 0 ints— a rating of 148.9
All 4 TDs were to different receivers and he completed passes to 8 different receivers

Leading the team in receiving yards with 109 was the great Danny Woodhead - unstoppable by any defense in the league.
TDs were caught by the greatest field of WRs and TEs of all-time....
Wes Welker, Deion Branch, Brandon Tate, and Aaron Hernandez.

I'm glad Brady has such a great supporting cast so they can carry him.
zaga_fan Wrote:Last night Brady's stats were as follows.

21/29 for 326 yards and 4 touchdowns 0 ints— a rating of 148.9
All 4 TDs were to different receivers and he completed passes to 8 different receivers

Leading the team in receiving yards with 109 was the great Danny Woodhead - unstoppable by any defense in the league.
TDs were caught by the greatest field of WRs and TEs of all-time....
Wes Welker, Deion Branch, Brandon Tate, and Aaron Hernandez.

I'm glad Brady has such a great supporting cast so they can carry him.

Brady - Making an argument to be the greatest QB of all time before his career is over.
Manning - Definitely the most overrated QB in the long history of the NFL. Without an All Pro Receiving Cast, he simply is an average QB.
Aslan;1112013[B Wrote:]Brady - Making an argument to be the greatest QB of all time before his career is over. [/B]
Manning - Definitely the most overrated QB in the long history of the NFL. Without an All Pro Receiving Cast, he simply is an average QB.

Brady is an amazing QB.

Manning is a choke artist. He kind of reminds me of LJ, Although manning has a Ring, They both won MVP when they shouldnt had.
Aslan Wrote:Brady - Making an argument to be the greatest QB of all time before his career is over.

I wouldn't go that far.
I think that Manning is a good QB.
He's good at reading defenses and he always puts the ball in a good spot.
He's always had the good WRs in his back pocket as well.
zaga_fan Wrote:I wouldn't go that far.
I think that Manning is a good QB.
He's good at reading defenses and he always puts the ball in a good spot.
He's always had the good WRs in his back pocket as well.

Too many people declare him the greatest QB of all time. His chokes are overlooked and not to mention he always has an All Star Receiving cast. With the talent the Colts have had over this past decade Peyton should have 5 Superbowl rings, but he don't. Put Brady on those Colts team and he wins at least 3 rings.
So yes, to me, he's the most overrated QB of all time.
^lol

I definitely don't think he is the greatest ever.
Everybody talking about Peyton??The Cowboys without Romo,Coach gets fired and this new coach would have been undefeated so far if it wasn't for Roy Williams losing the ball to New Orleans.Watch out for next year!
Aslan Wrote:Too many people declare him the greatest QB of all time. His chokes are overlooked and not to mention he always has an All Star Receiving cast. With the talent the Colts have had over this past decade Peyton should have 5 Superbowl rings, but he don't. Put Brady on those Colts team and he wins at least 3 rings.
So yes, to me, he's the most overrated QB of all time.

Not true. With the offense Peyton has had, they should have 5 Super Bowls. With the Defense that he has had, they would be lucky to win 5 games without him. Sanders and Freeny have spent as much time on IR as they have played. Peyton and the offense has to score 35 just to outscore the opposition!

Cowboys game was no exception, Colts gave up 38, granted a INT TD accounted for for 7 of those points. And to think that even after 4 INT's, the Colts only lost by 3 points. I'd say that was more to do with the Defense than Peyton's poor play. Poor play, and the Colts still net 35??????
Stardust Wrote:Not true. With the offense Peyton has had, they should have 5 Super Bowls. With the Defense that he has had, they would be lucky to win 5 games without him. Sanders and Freeny have spent as much time on IR as they have played. Peyton and the offense has to score 35 just to outscore the opposition!

Cowboys game was no exception, Colts gave up 38, granted a INT TD accounted for for 7 of those points. And to think that even after 4 INT's, the Colts only lost by 3 points. I'd say that was more to do with the Defense than Peyton's poor play. Poor play, and the Colts still net 35??????

The only thing I disagree with is the bolded.
I think a lot of QBs could have came into that offense and put up a lot of points.
Stardust Wrote:Not true. With the offense Peyton has had, they should have 5 Super Bowls. With the Defense that he has had, they would be lucky to win 5 games without him. Sanders and Freeny have spent as much time on IR as they have played. Peyton and the offense has to score 35 just to outscore the opposition!

He threw 2 Picks-6s didnt he? Which would be 14 points..
Bottom line....
if he doesn't throw one of the pick 6's they win this game.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:He threw 2 Picks-6s didnt he? Which would be 14 points..

Nope, one this week, one last week.