Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina 75 - (10) Kentucky 73
Final
Final
Home cooking. All I have to say.
Plain out lets give it to the other team bull ****.
I thought the whole **** team was going to foul out.
fanatic11 Wrote:Home cooking. All I have to say.

you have got to be kidding me, they took it to us. We did have a lot of fouls, but they were fouls. This is exactly what i was afraid of, all of our big men, who arent good at all fouling out.

Everybody should make an extra prayer today for Kanter to get eligible because if not were going to get beat....A LOT
sorry for the wrong score it was 75-73
^ can a mod fix that please
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:you have got to be kidding me, they took it to us. We did have a lot of fouls, but they were fouls. This is exactly what i was afraid of, all of our big men, who arent good at all fouling out.

Everybody should make an extra prayer today for Vargas to get eligible because if not were going to get beat....A LOT

If you are gonna say something actually get your facts right. It is Kanter that is ineligible. Not Vargas who actually played today.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:you have got to be kidding me, they took it to us. We did have a lot of fouls, but they were fouls. This is exactly what i was afraid of, all of our big men, who arent good at all fouling out.

Everybody should make an extra prayer today for Vargas to get eligible because if not were going to get beat....A LOT

What wacky weed are u smoking. They took it to us? We led pretty much the entire game. jones couldnt get a call. You couldnt get near them. I am first to say we got it handed to us when we played uconn. But when they shoot nothign but free throws for the past 10 minutes with 4 of our players fouling out then nothing was took to us. It was handed to them.
fanatic11 Wrote:If you are gonna say something actually get your facts right. It is Kanter that is ineligible. Not Vargas who actually played today.

You know what i meant, its not like everybody here didnt know.
BTW we suck, its that simple
Wildcatk23 Wrote:What wacky weed are u smoking. They took it to us? We led pretty much the entire game. jones couldnt get a call. You couldnt get near them. I am first to say we got it handed to us when we played uconn. But when they shoot nothign but free throws for the past 10 minutes with 4 of our players fouling out then nothing was took to us. It was handed to them.

Thank you.:Thumbs:
Teams like UNC that have good bigs and pound the ball in the paint is going to give us trouble all year. With JH or Vargas on the floor were basically playing 4 on 5.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:What wacky weed are u smoking. They took it to us? We led pretty much the entire game. jones couldnt get a call. You couldnt get near them. I am first to say we got it handed to us when we played uconn. But when they shoot nothign but free throws for the past 10 minutes with 4 of our players fouling out then nothing was took to us. It was handed to them.

Because even though im a UK fan i know when we look awful and not a fan that always says it was not our fault we lost.

NC is awful, look at there recent games, fouls shouldnt have mattered we should have been so much ahead that it wouldnt have mattered
And no UK did not get cheated. Tired of seeing everytime we lose people posting that excuse.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You know what i meant, its not like everybody here didnt know.
BTW we suck, its that simple

I will give you that we got dominated on the inside today. But when players get run over and go flying out of bounds then some kind of call has to be made, whether it be a charge or a blocking foul something has to be called. If it isn't then thats just poor officiating.
You will never find a post where I have complained about the officiating in a UK game, but this was ridiculous. It was like playing at Sheldon Clark, you better get your second five ready, because the first five is definitely going to foul out. The foul on Vargas was a ridiculous call. The blocking/charging calls was highly questionable.
Aslan Wrote:Teams like UNC that have good bigs and pound the ball in the paint is going to give us trouble all year. With JH or Vargas on the floor were basically playing 4 on 5.

I dont know if id count Vargas and JH as one player put together.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:You will never find a post where I have complained about the officiating in a UK game, but this was ridiculous. It was like playing at Sheldon Clark, you better get your second five ready, because the first five is definitely going to foul out. The foul on Vargas was a ridiculous call.

You have to know that was going to happen playing at NC though, and the problems is we dont have a second five, literally if we foul out our staters were left with hood, polson, vargas, and poole. Your not going to beat Eastern valley state with that team on the floor.
How does Zeller not foul out with 4 fouls the last 6 mins? I am going to guess someone as active as him on the inside didnt make any contact at all??? WHATEVER>

We had 4 players foul out. 3 of which all fouled out within 2 mins of eachother.

It came down to free throws like I said it would. I just didnt expect UNC to shoot 12 in the last 2 mins.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You have to know that was going to happen playing at NC though, and the problems is we dont have a second five, literally if we foul out our staters were left with hood, polson, vargas, and poole. Your not going to beat Eastern valley state with that team on the floor.

We shouldnt have to put that team on the floor. The fouls were insane. Even the announcers said a few times that was a bad call. And u could tell they was for UNC, The yelling when they scored gave that away.
I am totally against blaming the refs, ask anyone who knows me. But 4 UK players fouling out compared to 0(i think) for UNC, give me a break.
I dont think anyone expected Zeller to hit the free throws like he did either
Amun-Ra Wrote:How does Zeller not foul out with 4 fouls the last 6 mins? I am going to guess someone as active as him on the inside didnt make any contact at all??? WHATEVER>

We had 4 players foul out. 3 of which all fouled out within 2 mins of eachother.

It came down to free throws like I said it would. I just didnt expect UNC to shoot 12 in the last 2 mins.

Well look at who Zeller was guarding. JH and Vargas, which is basically like guarding air. He didn't have to play defense.
Aslan Wrote:Well look at who Zeller was guarding. JH and Vargas, which is basically like guarding air. He didn't have to play defense.

So true:Thumbs:
Aslan Wrote:Well look at who Zeller was guarding. JH and Vargas, which is basically like guarding air. He didn't have to play defense.

So the play that harrellson got the rebound and scored on where zeller demolished his arm was not a foul?

Everybody should make an extra prayer today for Kanter to get eligible because if not were going to get beat....A LOT

I agree.
Without Kanter this team is definitely not worthy to be considered a title contender. UK is still a good team, a top 25, but not a team that will make a deep run in March. Why? UK is constantly playing 4 on 5 with JH & Vargas getting significant minutes.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:So the play that harrellson got the rebound and scored on where zeller demolished his arm was not a foul?

Why no.
Aslan Wrote:Teams like UNC that have good bigs and pound the ball in the paint is going to give us trouble all year. With JH or Vargas on the floor were basically playing 4 on 5.

Come on Aslan. Give Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas a break. Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas are important to the team. It was those two getting into foul trouble that gave Kentucky trouble.

Josh Harrellson plays 23.5 minutes per game and gets 8.8 rebounds per game. Eloy Vargas only plays 14.2 minutes per game and yet still gets 3.8 rebounds per game. And they're both very necessary to have when playing defense. Kentucky doesn't have another 6'9" guy who can defend an opposing big center. But obviously, if Kanter can play, let him play. Then have Harrellson be the backup center and Vargas as the backup power forward. That would be a much better lineup, because there isn't as much pressure on Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas.