Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indiana 7-Footer Guy-Marc Michel Declared Ineligible By NCAA (Men's Basketball)
INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana thought it finally had a 7-footer to compete in the Big Ten.

Now the Hoosiers must fill a big void.

School officials said Tuesday that Martinique native Guy-Marc Michel had been declared ineligible by the NCAA after playing five games with a professional French club team in 2007-08.

The school's appeal also was rejected because the committee determined Michel had accepted a professional contract and had enrolled in college in 2006, meaning he would not have enough time to regain his eligibility before his five-year college career ended after this season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5868312
Isn't this one a few days old?
or is this another foreign player
This makes me believe that there is NO chance the Kanter decision is overruled. The NCAA is attempting to show consistency
Stardust Wrote:This makes me believe that there is NO chance the Kanter decision is overruled. The NCAA is attempting to show consistency
They can attempt all they want but once they ruled Cam Newton eligible after what they done to Reggie Bush the NCAA has no credibility in sports anymore. The entire entity needs an overhaul and new people brought in.
Amun-Ra Wrote:They can attempt all they want but once they ruled Cam Newton eligible after what they done to Reggie Bush the NCAA has no credibility in sports anymore. The entire entity needs an overhaul and new people brought in.

I hate to disagree, but Cam Newton and Reggie Bush are completely different situations! Reggie Bush's family actually RECEIVED benefits outside of what he was entitled to as an amateur athlete. IMHO, the ONLY reason Cam Newton is eligible today is because they can find NO MONEY trail. BIG DIFFERENCE!!! Everyone can keep claiming it was the same all they want to, it IS NOT THE SAME THING! Was Newton's dad wrong? ABSOLUTELY! But, he didn't go to Mississippi State and there was no money exchange! Was Bush's family wrong? ABSOLUTELY! But, he DID go to USC AND his family received a home! HUGE DIFFERENCE!

As for the Kanter situation, who knows what they will do.... it doesn't look good for the Turkish big man!