Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County 2011
Thanks for posting the schedule!
looks like 8 wins this year.

starting QB will be the mcfedrige kid who played the last game in the playoffs
im pumped and ready to go
LWC Wrote:Thanks for posting the schedule!

your welcome

ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:im pumped and ready to go
you and me both. i can't wait til the season gets here
I watched Rock live three times this season and I think that good days are ahead for their program... They have a great group of young kids and they will return back to their old form soon.
Strikeout King Wrote:
Aug 20, 11[B]Sheldon Clark5:45 PM[/B]
Aug 26, 11Frankfortaway7:30 PM
Sep 2, 11Whitley Countyhome7:30 PM
Sep 9, 11Estill Countyaway7:30 PM
Sep 16, 11Pulaski Countyhome7:30 PM
Sep 23, 11Perry County Centralaway7:30 PM
Sep 30, 11Russell Countyhome7:30 PM
Oct 14, 11Knox Centralaway7:30 PM
Oct 21, 11Clay Countyhome7:30 PM
Oct 28, 11Montgomery Countyaway7:30 PM

Rockcastle County Rockets 2011 Football

Aug. 20th, 11 vs. Sheldon Clark (@ Harrison County) 5:45 pm Thorobred Bowl
Sep 2, 11 vs. Whitley County 7:30 pm Renfro Valley Jamboree Bowl
W Sheldon Clark
Return Skyles, but lose Mikie Moore, Austin Stepp, Channing Stepp and Avery Ray. Those will be big losses, but this could be a good game because Skyles is a pretty talented back.
W Frankfort away
Lose their QB and 10 seniors. That is a tough loss for any 1A team.
? Whitley County
Lose Inman, Goins, Singleton, Bowlin, Bramlett, and more. Return Chute.
W Estill County
lose #10 and #14, they will be huge losses
W Pulaski County
Lose basically everyone. 27 seniors including almost all linemen, McQueen, Abner, Eastham, etc...
L Perry County Central
Return almost everything, could be an ugly game
? Russell County
Loses 10 seniors but return basically everything except their QB. Nick Britt is a dynamite running back. Will be a Junior this season. A lot of questions will be asked about who is better between him and Rowe from Rockcastle.
L Knox Central
This game really depends on the new coach. Rock played them tough last season, but that was with Mills, who takes over now? A lot of talent on that team, I will chalk it up as a loss
? Clay County
?Montgomery County
Lose Dotson, Covey, Richardson, Bartley and Cox. But return Uvea Moala, a great defensive player
If Rock doesn't win but four this year, do you think it is time for a new coach? I have heard a lot of people already complaining.
kyfootball fan Wrote:If Rock doesn't win but four this year, do you think it is time for a new coach? I have heard a lot of people already complaining.

4 Wins= Parkey is done as head coach.

I like him as much as the next guy, but a 3rd Grader could get this Rock team 4 wins this upcoming season.
I Guarantee Rock will not score on Bell this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to Rock and Coach Parkey in 2011 from Bell Co.
TopCat Wrote:I Guarantee Rock will not score on Bell this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to Rock and Coach Parkey in 2011 from Bell Co.

I Guarantee Bell does not score on Rock this year :lmao: I will some what miss Bell
I will miss playing Bell County.....whenever Rockcastle would beat them Big Grin otherwise, I don't.
LWC Wrote:W Sheldon Clark
Return Skyles, but lose Mikie Moore, Austin Stepp, Channing Stepp and Avery Ray. Those will be big losses, but this could be a good game because Skyles is a pretty talented back.
W Frankfort away
Lose their QB and 10 seniors. That is a tough loss for any 1A team.
? Whitley County
Lose Inman, Goins, Singleton, Bowlin, Bramlett, and more. Return Chute.
W Estill County
lose #10 and #14, they will be huge losses
W Pulaski County
Lose basically everyone. 27 seniors including almost all linemen, McQueen, Abner, Eastham, etc...
L Perry County Central
Return almost everything, could be an ugly game
? Russell County
Loses 10 seniors but return basically everything except their QB. Nick Britt is a dynamite running back. Will be a Junior this season. A lot of questions will be asked about who is better between him and Rowe from Rockcastle.
L Knox Central
This game really depends on the new coach. Rock played them tough last season, but that was with Mills, who takes over now? A lot of talent on that team, I will chalk it up as a loss
? Clay County
?Montgomery County
Lose Dotson, Covey, Richardson, Bartley and Cox. But return Uvea Moala, a great defensive player

I think youre gonna be a happy fan next year LWC.
I expect Rock to be a very good team next year with all they have returning.
I wouldnt be surprised to see an 8-2 season at worst if everyone stays healthy.
As for you Whitley comment. We will be down its that simple. We still have some good football players as we always do and as you said Chute returns at fullback who split time with Bramlett last year and Bryant returns on the defense.
After that, who knows? If we have some younger kids step up we might be okay, but we lost every single person in the backfield, including wide receivers. Our defense will be hit just as hard as there were a lot of two way starters this year.
Hopefully we can get our numbers back up. Were gonna need it with the schedule we got.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think youre gonna be a happy fan next year LWC.
I expect Rock to be a very good team next year with all they have returning.
I wouldnt be surprised to see an 8-2 season at worst if everyone stays healthy.
As for you Whitley comment. We will be down its that simple. We still have some good football players as we always do and as you said Chute returns at fullback who split time with Bramlett last year and Bryant returns on the defense.
After that, who knows? If we have some younger kids step up we might be okay, but we lost every single person in the backfield, including wide receivers. Our defense will be hit just as hard as there were a lot of two way starters this year.
Hopefully we can get our numbers back up. Were gonna need it with the schedule we got.

RIUTG, who do you believe that they two losses will be to? This schedule is almost completely different from last season. Many of Rock's opponents are new to me.
"W Sheldon Clark
Return Skyles, but lose Mikie Moore, Austin Stepp, Channing Stepp and Avery Ray. Those will be big losses, but this could be a good game because Skyles is a pretty talented back."

Sheldon Clark does in fact have some big holes to fill, and thus a challenging 2011 ahead. But they might be a little better than expected. They were very erratic last season; they beat some teams that no one thought they would, and lost to a couple teams that they should have beaten.

I saw a post on the BGR last year re Sheldon Clark's performance in the 2010 season, " Sheldon Clark is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get."

At the beginning of last season there were very high expectations, but they didn't materialize. This coming season I don't think the high expectations are there.

Sheldon Clark does, however, have some guys that that saw a lot of action last season and did a credible job.

In addition to KP Skyles, who was mentioned in the above quote, they are returning Taylor Chapman, Chase Lafferty, Jared Stevens, Tyler O'Connor, BJ Jarrell, and Todd Matthews, who just may surprise some people. I might have missed a couple that can contribute.

Unfortunately SC definitely needs some linemen to step up so as to have a wining season. SC will sure miss Channing Smith, who did a great job last year.
LWC Wrote:RIUTG, who do you believe that they two losses will be to? This schedule is almost completely different from last season. Many of Rock's opponents are new to me.

Honestly at this point, i dont know that you will have two losses.
I do think one of them will be to Knox, but there inconsistent and a lot is riding on the new coach and what he will do.
PCC is the only other loss i see. But i do believe Rock could pull that one off as well.
It seriously wouldnt surprise me to see a 10-0 season if they can stay healthy and Mr. Rowe keeps running.
10-0 is very likely, we lost 1 real player and have many back. I am suprised Frankfort is playing us, since they are a 1A school who lost most of their team and we return most everything. I would have liked to seen Somerset and Corbin back on schedule. Then we could relive the good days.
As I posted on here last year....I think that the football team will get better as the year wears on and the younger guys get more experience. Still a big question mark about the QB and if they pass or not. It will be a tough coaching decision there. The secondary will still be a bit green, but seasoned up some from last year. The addition of two players that had to sit out this last year with injuries (Childers and McDaniel) may bolster the secondary. Only a few linemen went both ways by the end of the season this last year as several younger guys were given a chance to start on the O line. The frosh to be a soph. younger Lake boy at center and nose guard and the older junior to be a senior Lake at O. tackle and D. tackle. The Thacker boy had to go both ways some as well and will be missed. But, he is the only lineman to graduate and with the youth getting experience last year(B. Saylor, A. King, C. Wren, J. Lake) maybe there will be some holes open up for the Rowe boy. K. Adams will be back from having an injury during last season as well and will be a senior lineman. Replacing J. Saylor at LB will be a tough order and Baker and Allen contributed more than some think.
The boys are pushing the weights pretty hard right now and from what I'm hearing are getting into some fun rivalries between each other to see who can push more than the other and having a good time doing it. There have been a few eating contests as well between the linemen and I believe that they may have a little more lead in their pencil when it comes time to play this fall. I'm hearing that there are at least a couple getting into the 240 to 250 pound range that weren't near that this last year. Maybe we will see some 260 pounders by then.

Of course...my priorities for the team as a whole are:
1. NO catastrophic injuries to any of the boys by the grace of GOD.
2. Winning season/Winning district/Winning region/Winning state.

I think that it could be a good year for the team if all stay healthy and we will know a lot more when the question marks are answered after the trip to Jabez.
We need a good year!!!!
Any weight-room updates or anything going on?
hear from the barbershop they are getting heavier and stronger
Gee, after reading some of the posts on this thread, I wonder if Sheldon Clark should show up for the Rockcastle game? It seems that, based upon what I have read on this thread, Rockcastle will be loaded with talent. Moreover, I see predictions of 8/2 and 10/0; I would think that shows a lot of confidence.

I noticed another post mentioning that, "they (Rockcastle) return a lot." Well, Sheldon Clark does not return a lot. Many do not give them any chance of having a winning season. But as we all know, prognosticators can be wrong. I guess that's why we play the game.
Landser, Amer. Wrote:Gee, after reading some of the posts on this thread, I wonder if Sheldon Clark should show up for the Rockcastle game? It seems that, based upon what I have read on this thread, Rockcastle will be loaded with talent. Moreover, I see predictions of 8/2 and 10/0; I would think that shows a lot of confidence.

I noticed another post mentioning that, "they (Rockcastle) return a lot." Well, Sheldon Clark does not return a lot. Many do not give them any chance of having a winning season. But as we all know, prognosticators can be wrong. I guess that's why we play the game.

Rock lost 1 good player (MLB/RB) basically they are returning all OL/DL/LB/WR/RB
The TB (Rowe) is awesome. He will be the all time leading rusher for rock, I promise you that this team will be great. A lot of experience back.
former Wrote:Rock lost 1 good player (MLB/RB) basically they are returning all OL/DL/LB/WR/RB
The TB (Rowe) is awesome. He will be the all time leading rusher for rock, I promise you that this team will be great. A lot of experience back.

It definitely seems that Rockcastle should be a very good team in 2011, with so many experienced players returning they most certainly should do very well.
Landser, Amer. Wrote:Gee, after reading some of the posts on this thread, I wonder if Sheldon Clark should show up for the Rockcastle game? It seems that, based upon what I have read on this thread, Rockcastle will be loaded with talent. Moreover, I see predictions of 8/2 and 10/0; I would think that shows a lot of confidence.

Sheldon Clark just may do a little better than expected this season (2011). Granted, they have lost quite a few good players from last year, but some of the returnees and a few new ones might step up and play well. We shall see when the season gets under way.

Good luck, Cards!
paulcssi Wrote:Sheldon Clark just may do a little better than expected this season (2011). Granted, they have lost quite a few good players from last year, but some of the returnees and a few new ones might step up and play well. We shall see when the season gets under way.

Good luck, Cards!

You have to understand, this is the Rockcastle thread. Rockcastle has had two less than stellar seasons in a row and a lot of people are excited about a team that has several returning starters and a few exceptional players returning. If you, as a fan of SC, were in a similiar situation you would be excited about your team as well. There are great expectations from this team this next year and I for one hope they come to fruition. Understand, the coaches will definitely not be overlooking SC or any other team this year for the reason I've stated before, the past two seasons have been lackluster and of course, SC has had very good teams in the past as well as the possibility of this year. To quote another poster a few posts back, "that is why they play the game", to see who will win. I'm rooting for my home team. Good luck, Rockets!
papagrit Wrote:You have to understand, this is the Rockcastle thread. Rockcastle has had two less than stellar seasons in a row and a lot of people are excited about a team that has several returning starters and a few exceptional players returning. If you, as a fan of SC, were in a similiar situation you would be excited about your team as well. There are great expectations from this team this next year and I for one hope they come to fruition. Understand, the coaches will definitely not be overlooking SC or any other team this year for the reason I've stated before, the past two seasons have been lackluster and of course, SC has had very good teams in the past as well as the possibility of this year. To quote another poster a few posts back, "that is why they play the game", to see who will win. I'm rooting for my home team. Good luck, Rockets!

I would think that maybe you are referring to the post prior to mine, but possibly not.

However, I think it's great that you are enthusiastic about your team for 2010. Nothing at all wrong with that. Good luck to your Rockets!

Yes, I am definitely a Sheldon Clark fan but see nothing wrong with my posting on this thread, since SC does play the Rockets the first game of the season. I don't think I disparaged your team or was disrespectful in any way.

I have a vested interest in SC, for I have a grandson that is on the team; so, obviously I am a fan.
The Rock should be better next year.
We will be very good, I dont see how we actually got Sheldon Clark, Estill, and Frankfort on our schedule. I predict us as possible a 10-0 season, at least 8-2.
paulcssi Wrote:I would think that maybe you are referring to the post prior to mine, but possibly not.

However, I think it's great that you are enthusiastic about your team for 2010. Nothing at all wrong with that. Good luck to your Rockets!

Yes, I am definitely a Sheldon Clark fan but see nothing wrong with my posting on this thread, since SC does play the Rockets the first game of the season. I don't think I disparaged your team or was disrespectful in any way.

I have a vested interest in SC, for I have a grandson that is on the team; so, obviously I am a fan.

I suppose that I did take some offense at the remark that was made earlier than yours with the ,"Gee, I suppose we shouldn't show up remark" and lumped it in with the rest of the posts below it where I hadn't read this thread in a while. My apologies for pulling yours out for the quote, I have nothing but respect for Sheldon Clark and look forward to the game. I too have an interest in Rockcastle and we are very excited about this next season. Again, my apologies.