Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sources: TCU to join Big East
DALLAS -- TCU has accepted a bid to the Big East Conference, which will take effect July 1, 2012, according to sources familiar with the deal. The school has set a news conference for 1 p.m. on campus to make "a major announcement involving the TCU athletics program."

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/new...AHeadlines
Good for them.
They'll have more of an opportunity to showcase their true talent now.
So how is a team from Texas considered east of anything?? I'm not comPlaining but why not try something closer?
^If they joined the Big 10 they wouldn't compete Wink
Boise State needs to join the big 12.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Boise State needs to join the big 12.

Why? before long, it will be worse than the Mountain West
zaga_fan Wrote:^If they joined the Big 10 they wouldn't compete Wink

Well that's true.
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
I look for Hawaii to join the ACC next..

Yeah. I made a funny.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Is this supposed to make there wins look more impressive?
This just means that Loserville will NEVER win the Big East in Football, sorry Charlie, there goes your BCS Berth
A team can't just say that they are in the conference.
This makes no sense to me!! Like I said earlier in the season! TCU needs to join the Big 12 and Boise State needs to join the Pac-10!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
cj2561 Wrote:A team can't just say that they are in the conference.

If they are invited, they can accept and join.
Should be a good move for TCU.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Good, Big East def needs some teams that can compete at a national level. There suppose to add one more team as well. Wonder who it will be. Maybe Central Florida.
Good for their football program. Bad for the basketball program.
Seen on ESPN that they are just as far from the Mountain West teams as they are from the Big East teams. Good for them, I think they're the most skilled out of the Big 3 little teams.
First thing that came to mind was that they were avoiding tough competition. They choose a conference that is in my opinion the weakest of the BCS automatic bit conferences. This makes TCU look bad.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:First thing that came to mind was that they were avoiding tough competition. They choose a conference that is in my opinion the weakest of the BCS automatic bit conferences. This makes TCU look bad.

I agree with you 100%.
I would figure that they would have waited til Nebraska and Colorado jumped the Big 12 and then went there. Even without those two teams, the Big 12 is a better conference than the Big Least..although this is a down year for the conference, there are times when its very solid..But I would have thought that geographically, the Big 12 would have made more sense...guess they didnt wanna be 7-5 or 8-4 every year, lol..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ It's 2012
Men Sports Wise, good move for them in Football and Baseball but TCU Men's Basketball will struggle in the Big East.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:First thing that came to mind was that they were avoiding tough competition. They choose a conference that is in my opinion the weakest of the BCS automatic bit conferences. This makes TCU look bad.

True....
but anything is an upgrade from their old schedule.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If they are invited, they can accept and join.

That is what i am saying. The team can't just say that they are in the Big East or one of the other cof.