Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(9) Kentucky 76 - Oklahoma 64 (Men's Basketball)
Final

Maui Invitational - Quarterfinal's
good game. I like the 2 blocks at the end!!
Terrance Jones was a BEAST in this one with 29pts and 13rebs!!!

I was fairly close on my prediction as well, I had predicted an UK win 76-60!!

Go Cats!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Great Job Wildcats.. I would really like to meet up wit Michigan State and see how we TRULY play!
I have watched the first five minutes on DVR, and Jones certainly did come out to prove he was the best player on the floor.

I hate to tell this to MVP, but Harrelson is just taking up space on the floor. Unless the next 35 minutes show me something different, I have to wonder what we really think we are going to get out of him
All I got to say is... Terrance Jones!

Cats looked pretty good overall, but still a lot of work to be done.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Way to play Cats, I almost called this one, I pick the Cats by 11. TJ was a flat out beast in this one. I hope we get that TJ every single game this season. I was impressed with the way Liggins played in this one too,I like his aggressiveness on the defensive end. Stardust, my boy Harrellson didnt do much in this one but give him a few more games before you push him off the ship.
Good win.
MVP2 Wrote:Way to play Cats, I almost called this one, I pick the Cats by 11. TJ was a flat out beast in this one. I hope we get that TJ every single game this season. I was impressed with the way Liggins played in this one too,I like his aggressiveness on the defensive end. Stardust, my boy Harrellson didnt do much in this one but give him a few more games before you push him off the ship.

I pushed him off the Ship when he didn't do ANYTHING his first two year. I'm wondering how he was even able to sneak onto the boat in the first place....:biggrin:
^

Come on Stardust, that wasn't right Big Grin
Stardust Wrote:I pushed him off the Ship when he didn't do ANYTHING his first two year. I'm wondering how he was even able to sneak onto the boat in the first place....:biggrin:

Someone has to clean the laundry.
this was my 1st game i got to watch this year, and i know Lamb getting all this praise, but i think TJ may be best player on this team..
Another good showing by the Cats. Jones is really making a statement early. I liked how these young cats never really let OU back in the game even though they made some good runs at them.
leecoukfan Wrote:Terrance Jones was a BEAST in this one with 29pts and 13rebs!!!

I was fairly close on my prediction as well, I had predicted an UK win 76-60!!

Go Cats!!
TJ is a beast!
I was closer, I predicted an 11 point win Big Grin
MVP2 Wrote:Way to play Cats, I almost called this one, I pick the Cats by 11. TJ was a flat out beast in this one. I hope we get that TJ every single game this season. I was impressed with the way Liggins played in this one too,I like his aggressiveness on the defensive end. Stardust, my boy Harrellson didnt do much in this one but give him a few more games before you push him off the ship.

JH is awful!
Jones is a Manchild! But, towards the end they reminded me of last year's Cats a little, by not finishing strong and allowing the other team to climb back into it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
You can tell the cats are very young and inexperienced.
To be honest right now, i dont think our most valuable player to the team is jones or knight or even a freshman.
Liggins has been bringing it. I think he leads by example. The change this guy has made since last year is remarkable, i think the whole team has really been feeding off his play.
I'd say we will get Washington tomorrow and if we get past that one, i cant wait for the test that lies ahead in Mich St.
Washington is a test in itself. If they win ill be surprised to see them play a team that also likes to get up and down the floor.
Jones has played very well and put up good numbers but still making a lot of freshman mistakes, which is to be expected from a freshman whos only played 3 games.
I cant wait for tomorrow, but I really hope we get to see what we can do against the number 2 team in the country.

BTW I'm loving Carolina losing and Duke getting all they wanted against Marquette, im sure most of you are too :biggrin:
Boy, we're terrible at the 5. All Harrellson & Vargas need to do is rebound and defend. We don't ask them to score, too bad they can't do either. Hopefully we win the appeal on Enes, because this team is pretty good.

Darius Miller looked like he was going to have a monster game early, but that was all we would see out of him. He got into foul trouble and played bad the rest of the game. Liggins, Lamb, and Jones played some great basketball tonight. Knight took some bad shots and flat out didn't play very well in the 2nd half.

Free throw shooting has got to improve also, because we won't win another game in this tourney if we can't hit our free throws.

TJ is a beast!
I got excited when I seen Darius make some big shots in the first half cause he is my favorite player...

Brandon Knight shot great tonight...
Terrence Jones is not a Manchild, Dwight Howard is the only Manchild that exist today,
Even though TJ had a heck of a game.

Josh Harrellson got some good boards for the Cats IDK why you all are hating. He is a
true Cat. He may not be a top scorer but he contributes most def.

Expect big things and big shots from Lamb going into the season, he is a sniper from the corner and inside the perimeter..

I will eat crow after this game and say Vargas does need some work..
Eloy Vargas is the most awkward basketball player I've ever seen. He doesn't deserve to be or belong on this team. He's unbelievably slow, and can't get a rebound to save his life.

Harrellson isn't much better, but at least he can rebound and score a little bit.

With that said, this team is ALOT better than most of the fans think. I knew they would be this good and they'll get alot better, but with everyone comparing this team to last year's it was expected that we would be horrible, lol.

^^^^
That was my post in the other thread. I still feel the same way.

And yeah, TJ is great. He almost makes up for the Kanter loss. I see this team being unstoppable come tourny time. I can't wait.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Someone has to clean the laundry.

Putting the clothes in the hole of the washing machine is virtually the same as putting a ball in the basket - he'd miss!
Terrance played a great game! Good win! Job well done Cats! Big Grin
Ballers Wrote:I got excited when I seen Darius make some big shots in the first half cause he is my favorite player...

Brandon Knight shot great tonight...
Terrence Jones is not a Manchild, Dwight Howard is the only Manchild that exist today,
Even though TJ had a heck of a game.

Josh Harrellson got some good boards for the Cats IDK why you all are hating. He is a
true Cat. He may not be a top scorer but he contributes most def.

Expect big things and big shots from Lamb going into the season, he is a sniper from the corner and inside the perimeter..

I will eat crow after this game and say Vargas does need some work..

TJ has more offensive abilities in his right hand then Dwight does in his entire body. Howard is a big kid that has to have others create shots for him. But rebounding and defensively he is a beast.
Stardust Wrote:Putting the clothes in the hole of the washing machine is virtually the same as putting a ball in the basket - he'd miss!

Quit Hating.
MVP2 Wrote:Quit Hating.

LOL, that was just for you MVP2:biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:LOL, that was just for you MVP2:biggrin:

LOL, even though that statement wasnt cool,it was pretty funny though.:thatsfunn
MVP2 Wrote:LOL, even though that statement wasnt cool,it was pretty funny though.:thatsfunn

What about this one - I have now deemed Vargas as "Perry" Vargas! OMG, I finished watching last nights game earlier, and I swear, he reminds me of Stevenson! And I'm not saying it as flattery.
This team is going to impress and improve as the season progresses. IMO this team may be better than last years team if they can win the appeal. They play great defense and shoot the ball alot better. This team is going to be special if they keep their minds to it.