Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Sarah Palin was
a man she'd be our next President. Kinda sad all we have to vote for is Obama who is in way over his head and has no idea what he is doing, and some moron the GOP puts up.
Beetle01 Wrote:a man she'd be our next President. Kinda sad all we have to vote for is Obama who is in way over his head and has no idea what he is doing, and some moron the GOP puts up.
besides a sitting president... who was the last 2 year out front runner to get it's party nomination.
2008- Democrats-Hilary was the clear choice but....
Republicans- Romney had it all sewn up but.....
2004- Who could forget Howard Dean........Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2000-McCain for the Republicans
Gore had it all the way
1996- Pat Buchanan was strong early then faded as Dole rose up

you can go back just about every election with front runners early who fade once the primaries roll around. Gov. Palin will probably fall into that category
Beetle01 Wrote:a man she'd be our next President. Kinda sad all we have to vote for is Obama who is in way over his head and has no idea what he is doing, and some moron the GOP puts up.
What is kinda sad is your reference to all of the potential male GOP candidates as morons. I love Sarah Palin but I do have a problem with both the Huckster and Palin drawing a check from Fox. I have the same issue with them that I do the many lawyer/politicians who draw salaries from large legal firms or work as lobbyists in between successful campaigns. I like candidates who hold down real jobs while they wait to run for their next office instead of collecting a check for their name recognition.

There are some great potential candidates on the Republican side who are not named Sarah and maybe none of them will actually run but it is unlikely any of the GOP candidates who run will be the disaster that Obama has been if they get the party's nomination. Besides, I thought you supported Obamacare and some of the other legislation that The One's administration has produced these past two years.
David Petraeus
Newt Gingrich
Bobby Jindal
Charlie Crist

Are a few who are not morons
nky Wrote:David Petraeus
Newt Gingrich
Bobby Jindal
Charlie Crist

Are a few who are not morons
I beg to disagree. Charlie Crist, first of all should no longer be considered a Republican, and his embarrassing performance against Marco Rubio suggests that maybe he is a moron. It was bad enough that Rubio trounced him in the GOP primary and Crist decided to run as an independent. Crist compounded his problems and pretty much destroyed his once promising political career by flip-flopping on almost every major issue (in a few short months) in a very desperate attempt to attract Democratic votes. I have never seen anybody shoot himself in the feet so many times in such a short time as Charlie Crist. The phrase "He would do anything to win" does not even begin to describe Crist's disastrous Senate campaign. It is hard to understand why Republican would contribute a dime to a Crist presidential campaign. He is a sure loser.

Gingrich is a very smart and articulate politician but he also comes off as an elite, pompous jerk at times. I think he would do fine as a president but he is completely unelectable, IMO. His appearance with Nancy Pelosi in an anti-global warming commercial pretty much killed what was left of his political career, IMO. A Gingrich campaign would have very little support among conservatives and I don't know where else he could find enough votes to be a viable candidate.

I agree that both Petraeus and Jindal would make solid candidates. I would add the following names to the list:

Mitch Daniels (Maybe the smartest of the GOP candidates but definitely not the most telegenic.)

Paul Ryan (Being a member of the House works against him but he is a young rising star and being from the Midwest makes him an attractive potential running mate.)

Haley Barbour (Another conservative Southern governor who will be a formidable candidate in the primaries.)

Mitch Romney (He needs to admit that Romneycare was a mistake and beg conservatives for forgiveness.)

Chris Christie (Not a conservative and he insists that he will not be a candidate in 2012 but his success in New Jersey and his plain talking, tele-prompterless speeches have drawn interest across most of the political spectrum. In a strange way, Christie may be the uniter that people are looking for despite his confrontational style.)
To be honest I think you'll see an unknown emerge for the Republicans. Someone with little national exposure. A fresh face if you would
beetle01 Wrote:a man she'd be our next president. Kinda sad all we have to vote for is obama who is in way over his head and has no idea what he is doing, and some moron the gop puts up.

agreed!!
nky Wrote:To be honest I think you'll see an unknown emerge for the Republicans. Someone with little national exposure. A fresh face if you would

Donald Trump?
Bob Seger Wrote:Donald Trump?
Not a very fresh face:biggrin: and a bad hair piece
If Sara Palin was president......I would move to Canada.
nky Wrote:Not a very fresh face:biggrin: and a bad hair piece

I've always kind of laughed him off somewhat (because of the abundance of obvious joke material), until I heard an interview with him this morning. I dont know all that much about what his views are on very much at all, but he certainly brought forth some things this morning that got my attention. Some of the stuff he brought up was about international trade issues (primarily) with South Korea and China. He claims that right now South Korea has refused to sign an agreement with the US that balances the trade table. According to him South Korea is making this current administration look like a bunch of fools by the way in which they are allowed to intentionaly manipulate trade. His thoughts of the current North Korean situation is to hold off sending US help to South Korea, and force them to agree to sign a mutualy benefiting trade agreement. He also brought up a lot of stuff that we need to be doing as far as how we handle the trade imbalance issues with China as well.

Do you think we need people that understand business in office at this time or do we intall some of the same ole, same ole career polititians pretending to know financial matters? Is Trump perhaps this generations version of Ross Perot? What's your thoughts?
Colin Powell is the only one who the country can trust on that side of the aisle. All the rest of them will put their political careers ahead of the country.
DevilsWin Wrote:Colin Powell is the only one who the country can trust on that side of the aisle. All the rest of them will put their political careers ahead of the country.

As a lifelong Republican, I can safely say that Colin Powell is not on our side of the aisle. If we could buy him for what he has really and factually accomplished and sell him for what he is hyped to be, we could all retire in luxury. He is undoubtedly the country's best example of a RINO. He may be seen as a novelty by some but he is merely another liberal who should change parties.

Now, David Petraeus is another story and a man proven by his accomplishments.
DevilsWin Wrote:Colin Powell is the only one who the country can trust on that side of the aisle. All the rest of them will put their political careers ahead of the country.
What a ridiculous statement. Colin Powell has lost his credibility due to his two faces. He's a much better fit in the democrat party.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:What a ridiculous statement. Colin Powell has lost his credibility due to his two faces. He's a much better fit in the democrat party.
I agree but even Colin Powell has begun criticizing Obama recently. Powell's criticism has tracked Obama's approval numbers. That's not leadership.