Poll: Winner
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands
58.82%
Harlan County
41.18%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands @ Harlan County 11/26
What's the verdict? Another 4 hour bus trip?
Highlands is on their way to the Championship. They just beat the second best team in 5A, so I don't see anyone else within 3 TDs of them.
I'll be the biggest Black Bear fan in the world on friday night, GO Harlan Co!

HC-22
Highlands-20
Ok, know very little about the Bears. who can shed some light on what they do on O and D. Strenghts and weaknesses? Is it really a 4 hour trip?
I would be oh so proud of the BEARS if they can pull this off! Boys you've got the heart & defense to win it, kick it into gear this week & show them how "FILTHY" you all are!

HC-15
HIGHLANDS-14
sstack Wrote:Ok, know very little about the Bears. who can shed some light on what they do on O and D. Strenghts and weaknesses? Is it really a 4 hour trip?

You ever been punched in the mouth for about an hour and a half straight? It's kinda like that.lol
:
Stardust Wrote:Highlands is on their way to the Championship. They just beat the second best team in 5A, so I don't see anyone else within 3 TDs of them.

Heard this all year bring it on !!!!johnson central is maybe the forth or fifth place team in 5A.:thatsfunn:thatsfunn larkey knows highlands well he sent them packing in 2002 with a running clock !!!!!!!
Harlan County hasn't been the favorite much over the past few weeks and that defiantly won't change this week, but I watched Highlands tonight and they're good, real good! I do think the trip will take some out of the Birds, but after they work out the kinks, they blow it open IMO. Too much consistency on offense & defense from HHS.
Stardust Wrote:Highlands is on their way to the Championship. They just beat the second best team in 5A, so I don't see anyone else within 3 TDs of them.

i think JC was second best, but not sure about the 3tds, you may be right but it all or nothing now, we'll see..
king360 Wrote:You ever been punched in the mouth for about an hour and a half straight? It's kinda like that.lol

I watch that kind of ball each week!
Boo Boo bear Wrote::

Heard this all year bring it on !!!!johnson central is maybe the forth or fifth place team in 5A.:thatsfunn:thatsfunn larkey knows highlands well he sent them packing 002 with a running clock !!!!!!!

I say good luck to Larkey this year, He'll need it!
Highlands will actually get their uniforms dirty this week...shame...

I'm sure they are used to playing on the synthetic fields...but, now they get to play on some good ol' Harlan County grass and dirt.

Should be fun!!!
PhatBoy Wrote:Highlands will actually get their uniforms dirty this week...shame...

I'm sure they are used to playing on the synthetic fields...but, now they get to play on some good ol' Harlan County grass and dirt.

Should be fun!!!

I'm betting on more dirt than grass!
Im going with the friends up the road!! Pulaski Co was a powerful offensive team that could run and throw the ball.
What is Harlans record and who have they played? Not worried about playing on natural dirt, Highlands practices in Death Valley.
tradition Wrote:What is Harlans record and who have they played? Not worried about playing on natural dirt, Highlands practices in Death Valley.

:lmao: Absolute classic!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Im going with the friends up the road!! Pulaski Co was a powerful offensive team that could run and throw the ball.

If they can throw the ball, they will have a fighters chance, but not much of one!
Stardust Wrote:If they can throw the ball, they will have a fighters chance, but not much of one!

Stardust, I am glad you have been listening to me and agree that passing is what is going to beat HHS.
Harlan County's defense is just plain nasty. I see this one being a low scoring affair, and i'll take the Bears on the premise of them being at home.
tradition Wrote:What is Harlans record and who have they played? Not worried about playing on natural dirt, Highlands practices in Death Valley.

weak schedule except for Bell who beat them 35-0.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Harlan County's defense is just plain nasty. I see this one being a low scoring affair, and i'll take the Bears on the premise of them being at home.

nasty agianst the run or the pass? What did Bell do agianst you to put up 35?
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Im going with the friends up the road!! Pulaski Co was a powerful offensive team that could run and throw the ball.

When the rushing stat on the PC game comes out you will be in disbelief.

As for Highlands I will not even begin to disrespect their program and what they have accomplished. Someone mentioned this would be the only opportunity for these two teams to play since Highlands is moving to 4A. I think it's awsome a game of this magnatude is comming to HC and will be great for our kids to see how a true champion team travels and carries themselves. IMO this will be the biggest game ever played in HC. Who knows with a little luck HC may shock the world. Beechwood made a couple of trips to HC in the 80's and and went home stunned.

Win, lose, or draw we love you Bears, and we respect you Blue Birds.
sstack Wrote:nasty agianst the run or the pass? What did Bell do agianst you to put up 35?

Their nasty against the run. I'm not a HC fan btw, just a fan of one of their opponents and seen them play a few other times. Bell scored 35 because they are Bell, that's the only explanation I have. If someone wanted to score on Harlan County I would definitely go to the air, even though that did not work out too well for Pulaski tonight.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Their nasty against the run. I'm not a HC fan btw, just a fan of one of their opponents and seen them play a few other times. Bell scored 35 because they are Bell, that's the only explanation I have. If someone wanted to score on Harlan County I would definitely go to the air, even though that did not work out too well for Pulaski tonight.

Passing is the key to Highlands Offense. Does HC run, pass of both on the offensive side of the ball?
sstack Wrote:Passing is the key to Highlands Offense. Does HC run, pass of both on the offensive side of the ball?

From what I have seen, they are very heavy on the run, probably 85-90% run, their quarterback Brewer, however, is capable of throwing a good ball when needed.
sstack Wrote:nasty agianst the run or the pass? What did Bell do agianst you to put up 35?

Bell also did that to the team you barely beat tonight.
sstack Wrote:Passing is the key to Highlands Offense. Does HC run, pass of both on the offensive side of the ball?

They throw a lot...lol Spread you all over the field....and then BAM! :biggrin:
I say with conviction if the Bluebirds take the Blackbears as lightly as the fans posting in favor of the Bluebirds, it would be nothing short of disrespectful.
Bear_Paw Wrote:When the rushing stat on the PC game comes out you will be in disbelief.

As for Highlands I will not even begin to disrespect their program and what they have accomplished. Someone mentioned this would be the only opportunity for these two teams to play since Highlands is moving to 4A. I think it's awsome a game of this magnatude is comming to HC and will be great for our kids to see how a true champion team travels and carries themselves. IMO this will be the biggest game ever played in HC. Who knows with a little luck HC may shock the world. Beechwood made a couple of trips to HC in the 80's and and went home stunned.

Win, lose, or draw we love you Bears, and we respect you Blue Birds.

Highlands will show no disrespect to your program either. You have to be good to get this far and HHS takes every game serious. Love to play new teams that we have not played before, looking forward to this game.
Yogibear Wrote:Bell also did that to the team you barely beat tonight.

Yes, and that is why I said Bell is a good team. What is your point?
  • 1(current)
  • Next