Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle Co.
33.62%
Bell Co.
66.38%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co. @ Bell Co. 11/26
toolaidback Wrote:Plus, you guys get the benifit of being the underdog to the 13-0 defending state champions. FWIW, I think it will be a defensive battle both ways Friday night.

I agree too. It might come down to has the least penalties and turnovers.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:You guys have given up ALOT more pts this year too. IMO Bell Co has the better D this year. Thats what won it for Boyle Co last year.

Our Senior class is 52-3 with a State Championship. :wink:

IMO it wasn't the boys that got beat last year. Lets hope the coaching staff is up to making the proper adjustments on O and D this year.
Bell Boys Fan Wrote:IMO it wasn't the boys that got beat last year. Lets hope the coaching staff is up to making the proper adjustments on O and D this year.

Do you often run into wall with that narrow vision of yours? :lmao:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I agree too. It might come down to has the least penalties and turnovers.

I think that is a key factor in a nutshell. :Thumbs:
Boyle 24 Bell 21 two great teams and coaching staffs.
14-10 bchs.
Simple truth here. Bell's offense is stronger than Lexington Catholic's. Boyle's offense is stronger than Knox Central's. I see this one as more likely to be like the BC/LO state game from last year than the Boyle/Bell semi from last year: High scoring.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Bell Co doesn't allow anyone from the other team in the pressbox. Simply not big enough. Between our people and our radio stations.

This is not true. Visiting stations have always been welcome in the pressbox. Dudley is the AD as well as coach and I bet if a small video crew asked, he wouldn't refuse them. If Bell expects to be given space in a pressbox away, then space should be given as well at it's pressbox. It should be common courtesy. Speaking as the owner of the home radio station, I have never seen anyone refused.

With the continued success of the team, why can't those who sponsor the team come together and either rebuild the box or get another one? Funds are there for other projects. I guess I will probably get flack for any of my comments and be told to "stick to radio" but this IS an open forum.
Boyle County (13-0) will visit Bell County (13-0) next week in the state semifinals for the third year in a row.
"This is what we work for every year," said Rebels junior running back Devon Cox. "It's a tradition now. It's the biggest game there is, even bigger than the state."
Two years ago Bell County beat the Rebels on its way to an undefeated state title. Last year Boyle County edged the Bobcats on a last-second field goal on its way to a perfect championship season.
If the Rebels hope to beat Bell County again, French said they must play better defense than they did against Lexington Catholic.
We will continue our coverage of the game on http://www.thebig1063.com
Meant to mention that our stream is a popup player.
If you have firefox the stream is diabled so here is the direct link
for a windows media player:
http://pointers.mmpros.net/asxfiles-live...ve2086.asx

There is also an iphone app on the "radio on time" site.

Pregame will start at 7pm with Rick and Russ!
Boyle County is not the favorite this game. No way no how. I know we are the defending state champs but I don't see us as the favorites in this game. I think the poll backs me up as well. We have to play our best game of the year on Friday. Period.
Amped 88 Wrote:I think that Bell knows that they can lose. Boyle's offense is not better than they were last year maybe more balanced but not better. The D is good but not like that of last year. Don't read anything into it but that D last year was awesome. Boyle is a great football team and there is no way that Bell is looking past Boyle there maybe some fans that are but this one isn't and the players won't be.:Thumbs:

Im glad you know so much about Boyle if i didnt know better i would think you were a Boyle co. fan.I dont really care what you think ive watched Boyle play 13 games this year thier offense is definately better than last years team.Devin Hale is by far the best QB we have had since Brandon Smith.we didnt pass the ball last year because we couldnt thats not the case this year we can pass it and pass it well.regardless of the stats, our defense is as good as last years ,we have played a whole lot tougher schedule this year.if you dont think this Boyle team is as good if not better than last years team then you are in for a rude awakening my friend come friday night.
Should be a dandy of a game!! But, I got the Bobcats in this one! I think they avenge their loss from last year!

Bell Co. - 21

Boyle Co. - 14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Bell Co. 17-14.
Bell Boys Fan Wrote:Boyle IS NOT the team they were last year.

I'm not agreeing nor disagreeing with you here. I just want to know, have you even watched Boyle play this year, or are you just throwing out your opinion with nothing to back it up?
I want to wish both teams the best of luck and I hope the game is as good as the last two have been. I think it will be a defensive game as the last two were. Boyle the last two seasons seem to struggle with the spread a little. I think they stay in the bend but don't break defense a little too long sometimes. Having said that I also don't believe Madon is as good as Bolin. I know Bell has improved its passing game a good bit but I still feel pretty good defensively against Bells offense. Turnovers, a big play or two and special teams play I think will decide it. Probably won't be back on this week....just get too nervous. Good luck to all the players and be careful for all those driving to Middlesboro. See you there.
Bell County- 17
Boyle County-14
Bell Co. 21
Boyle Co.17
Boyle County 14

Bell County 24
Jack Lambert Wrote:Im glad you know so much about Boyle if i didnt know better i would think you were a Boyle co. fan.I dont really care what you think ive watched Boyle play 13 games this year thier offense is definately better than last years team.Devin Hale is by far the best QB we have had since Brandon Smith.we didnt pass the ball last year because we couldnt thats not the case this year we can pass it and pass it well.regardless of the stats, our defense is as good as last years ,we have played a whole lot tougher schedule this year.if you dont think this Boyle team is as good if not better than last years team then you are in for a rude awakening my friend come friday night.

I didn't say that they weren't good. I think that last years D was alot better. They offense this year is more balanced. Boyle has a great team and will be ready for the challenge. Cant wait.
Amped 88 Wrote:I didn't say that they weren't good. I think that last years D was alot better. They offense this year is more balanced. Boyle has a great team and will be ready for the challenge. Cant wait.

I dont mean to get defensive, i guess its just second nature.Boyles defensive stats may not be as good as last year,but we have had 3 to 4 starters on defense miss several games this year due to injury.we have just got back to full strength in the last couple of weeks.i expect this game to go down to the wire just like the previous two have.i hope for no injuries, and a well officiated game for both teams.
As for all the black bears in harlan, go stomp them rebels, bell will be state champs again no doubt. Make us proud down the road here bobcats, send boyle and highlands back north very unhappy.

bell 28

boyle 14

:ChairHit::flame::Thumbs:
Jack Lambert Wrote:I dont mean to get defensive, i guess its just second nature.Boyles defensive stats may not be as good as last year,but we have had 3 to 4 starters on defense miss several games this year due to injury.we have just got back to full strength in the last couple of weeks.i expect this game to go down to the wire just like the previous two have.i hope for no injuries, and a well officiated game for both teams.

Then the Lex Cath game shouldnt had been close. Did you have injuries the first time you played them?

You know I am just picking on you AGAIN....:biggrin:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Then the Lex Cath game shouldnt had been close. Did you have injuries the first time you played them?

You know I am just picking on you AGAIN....:biggrin:

As a matter of a fact we had 3 or 4 starters out on defense the first game with catholic.i lay all the points catholic scored friday on coach hester.his prevent defense made bolin look like an all american,but to give bolin credit he is projected to be one of the top 3 QBS in the nation by his senior season.the kid was a middle school all american.his one of the best passers ive seen in quite sometime.
Jack Lambert Wrote:As a matter of a fact we had 3 or 4 starters out on defense the first game with catholic.i lay all the points catholic scored friday on coach hester.his prevent defense made bolin look like an all american,but to give bolin credit he is projected to be one of the top 3 QBS in the nation by his senior season.the kid was a middle school all american.his one of the best passers ive seen in quite sometime.

Thats a good sport. :biggrin:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Thats a good sport. :biggrin:

I try,but sometimes i get to emotional.:biggrin:
Jack Lambert Wrote:I try,but sometimes i get to emotional.:biggrin:

You know I think Boyle Co is a **** of a team. :Thumbs: Just gives us something to talk about.
Best of luck to Bell County from the Black Bear Nation! I think both these teams have the talent, the drive, and the coaching staff to win it all--this will be a hard fought victory, I think.

Bell-21
Boyle-14
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Boyle Co avg 44 ppg and gives up 14 ppg.

I know these dont matter, but gives us something to look at.

kmba32 Wrote:All you have to do is Google him. It won't take long for you to get how good he is.

I sure hope those numbers mean something. All you Bell Co fans don't really think you can score very many pts on Boyle! I hope you are right, because I believe in the Rebel O.:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next