Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle Co.
33.62%
Bell Co.
66.38%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co. @ Bell Co. 11/26
Amped 88 Wrote::Thumbs: I would have to agree with you also. Boyle is the best team in 4A until somone beats them. I think that the Bobcats will do that this week. Bell will have to stay focused and keep working hard to improve. Good luck Bobcats can't wait until Friday.

Boyle is defending state champs correct, but that was last year and has nothing to do with this year's team. This year Bell County has been the better team and played the better ball. You know it, I know it and anybody that says any different has not been following high school football this year. On top of all that, Boyle has to play Bell on Log Mountain. Like Hatz said I to hope Boyle plays their best, just to keep the game close.
Bell in this one
Three reasons I say Bell will win this game:
1) A very focused senior class and team that has dominated teams this year leaving no doubt at the end of each game.
2) It's on Log Mountain.
3) A very determined coaching staff, fan base, and team that wants to see a very appreciated Coach Hilton become the all time winningest Coach in Kentucky High School Football History in this type of atmosphere and game.
Bell 28 Boyle 7
Boyle 21
Bell 10.
Boyle may lose, but they aren't losing by 3 touchdowns people! Get real...
MSU Eagle Wrote:Boyle may lose, but they aren't losing by 3 touchdowns people! Get real...
are you saying 4 then?
MSU Eagle Wrote:Boyle may lose, but they aren't losing by 3 touchdowns people! Get real...

My thoughts exactly,theres not a team in the state that will beat Boyle by 21.these are rediculous predictions.:please:
Amped 88 Wrote:I agree with you but what does that mean? Not being smart just trying to figure out where you are coming from. I think that everyone in the state knows that.

Go back and read the posts I was responding too. Both of them.

That's all I was pointing towards.

The original question was from a supporter who wanted to know more about Lawson which I took to mean that person didn't see last year's game. (I've come to think it was sarcasm now but that's hard to read on a board) My next response was to the statement that Bell had just as many talented players. I agree but it's obvious the special nature of Lawson. I don't think either Boyle or Bell have had a more recruited athlete in their history.

While everyone in the state "knows that" it wasn't transmitted quite that way in the original posts I responded too. :Thumbs:
Bell County 27 Boyle County 14:popcorn:
Hatz Wrote:Go back and read the posts I was responding too. Both of them.

The original question was from a supporter who wanted to know more about Lawson which I took to mean that person didn't see last year's game. (I've come to think it was sarcasm now but that's hard to read on a board) My next response was to the statement that Bell had just as many talented players. I agree but it's obvious the special nature of Lawson. I don't think either Boyle or Bell have had a more recruited athlete in their history.

While everyone in the state "knows that" it wasn't transmitted quite that way in the original posts I responded too. :Thumbs:

This time of the year it will take a team effort and not a one man show. I know Dawson is a heavy recruited player and a great talent in the state of Ky. but he did not beat Bell last year, it was Boyles running attack that made the plays last year and eat up the clock, Bell has two line backers that has around two hundred tackles this year and they know it will not only depend on them. Example: when Tim Couch was a senior Leslie County beat Highlands in the Thoroughbred Bowl in Lexington, in the playoffs they meet again and when Leslie County's running back got injured Leslie lost the game and almost nobody can even remember his name now. It takes a team effort and right now there is a certain team that has opened eyes and made believers all year long and it will not faze them to make another Friday night.
CATDAD2 Wrote:This time of the year it will take a team effort and not a one man show. I know Dawson is a heavy recruited player and a great talent in the state of Ky. but he did not beat Bell last year, it was Boyles running attack that made the plays last year and eat up the clock, Bell has two line backers that has around two hundred tackles this year and they know it will not only depend on them. Example: when Tim Couch was a senior Leslie County beat Highlands in the Thoroughbred Bowl in Lexington, in the playoffs they meet again and when Leslie County's running back got injured Leslie lost the game and almost nobody can even remember his name now. It takes a team effort and right now there is a certain team that has opened eyes and made believers all year long and it will not faze them to make another Friday night.

Make that 2 teams:thanks:
CATDAD2 Wrote:This time of the year it will take a team effort and not a one man show. I know Dawson is a heavy recruited player and a great talent in the state of Ky. but he did not beat Bell last year, it was Boyles running attack that made the plays last year and eat up the clock, Bell has two line backers that has around two hundred tackles this year and they know it will not only depend on them. Example: when Tim Couch was a senior Leslie County beat Highlands in the Thoroughbred Bowl in Lexington, in the playoffs they meet again and when Leslie County's running back got injured Leslie lost the game and almost nobody can even remember his name now. It takes a team effort and right now there is a certain team that has opened eyes and made believers all year long and it will not faze them to make another Friday night.

Sooo..... you think Boyle is a 1 man show? :lmao::lmao::lmao:
Hatz Wrote:Go back and read the posts I was responding too. Both of them.

I see know I understand I think it was as well.:Thumbs:
Rebelgirl Wrote:Sooo..... you think Boyle is a 1 man show? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Nope but that is what seemed to be implied in an earlier post

Agreed :Thumbs:

Both teams have great individual players, but none of that matters right now. It matters which team plays better.
CATDAD2 Wrote:Nope but that is what seemed to be implied in an earlier post

Lamar is very talented, but I think he would be the first to tell you that he is not a 1 man show. He is a great young man and has handled all the publicity he has gotten in a way that would make any parent proud!!! Boyle will be ready to rumble this coming Friday on the mountain::rockon:
Have to root for Bell County in this one ...

1. Senior team means lots of expierence
2. Home field advantage means at least 3
3. Great coaching / expierence in Hilton
4. Bells #1 Defense in 4A vs the #7 Offense of Boyle
5. Bells #1 Offense in 4A vs the #6 Defense of Boyle
6. Revenge factor from last years loss
7. Statisically its very hard to repeat

add to the fact I'm from Pineville and must root on my fellow area team
I see no choice but to say

Bell County 28
Boyle County 20
I know this means NOTHING but its cool just to talk about.

Lex Cath 21
Madison Central 14

Boyle Co 45
Lex Cath 35

Bell Co 55
Madison Central 8 (8 pts scored on our JV)

Boyle Co 36
Johnson Central 29

Bell Co 42
Johnson Central 18 (2TD's scored with 7 min left and we was subbing.
Bell County 35
Boyle County 24

I've had this gut feeling all year long that this is Bell's turn to win. ^_^
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I know this means NOTHING but its cool just to talk about.

Lex Cath 21
Madison Central 14

Boyle Co 45
Lex Cath 35

Bell Co 55
Madison Central 8 (8 pts scored on our JV)

Boyle Co 36
Johnson Central 29

Bell Co 42
Johnson Central 18 (2TD's scored with 7 min left and we was subbing.

While I am rooting for Bell to take this matchup, I'd like to remind you that Boyle also punished Lex Cath in a 41-10 game earlier this season.

I personally think that the offenses are a bit better on each team than they were last year (maybe not with Boyle due to the loss of Macshara, but they are having more total rushing yards a game I do believe.) That being said, the defenses are probably a little bit less stout at lest in Boyle's corner, possibly a slight bit in Bell's as well. Thats why I made the score prediction that I did.
Lone Oak Shocker Wrote:While I am rooting for Bell to take this matchup, I'd like to remind you that Boyle also punished Lex Cath in a 41-10 game earlier this season.

I personally think that the offenses are a bit better on each team than they were last year (maybe not with Boyle due to the loss of Macshara, but they are having more total rushing yards a game I do believe.) That being said, the defenses are probably a little bit less stout at lest in Boyle's corner, possibly a slight bit in Bell's as well. Thats why I made the score prediction that I did.

Thats true, but not last night. :biggrin: This years Bell D is way better than last years. The last few weeks it has really taken off.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Thats true, but not last night. :biggrin:

All I'm saying is that, statistically, it probably would have been better to find the median, at about a twenty point deficit between Boyle and LexCath. Not sure at all how many turnovers, penalties, etc factored into the duo of Boyle County/Lexington Catholic games, though.

Still, consider about a four touchdown difference between Boyle and Madison Central, and a seven touchdown difference between Bell and Madison Central. Not that it means much, like you said.

And okay, I didn't know how Bell's defense compared to last year's. How many Seniors are starting this year?
Bell loses at home...Boyle has alot of seniors that want to win as well...Boyle plays there game,Bell goes down...Boyle gets cocky,Bell wins...the state champ wins this game....good luck to Bell and Boyle..just have to root for my son and hope Boyle wins...
SVU Wrote:Bell loses at home...Boyle has alot of seniors that want to win as well...Boyle plays there game,Bell goes down...Boyle gets cocky,Bell wins...the state champ wins this game....good luck to Bell and Boyle..just have to root for my son and hope Boyle wins...

by the way,Boyle has a few great coaches or their own
just like last yr,throw all your stats away..they mean nothing...at this pt.its all even
Lone Oak Shocker Wrote:All I'm saying is that, statistically, it probably would have been better to find the median, at about a twenty point deficit between Boyle and LexCath. Not sure at all how many turnovers, penalties, etc factored into the duo of Boyle County/Lexington Catholic games, though.

Still, consider about a four touchdown difference between Boyle and Madison Central, and a seven touchdown difference between Bell and Madison Central. Not that it means much, like you said.

And okay, I didn't know how Bell's defense compared to last year's. How many Seniors are starting this year?

Seniors for Bell that start either on offense or defense, some doesn't play both ways:

Hilton
Brown
Henderson
Thacker
Mills
Madon
Davenport
Couch
Couch
Patterson
Miracle
SVU Wrote:just like last yr,throw all your stats away..they mean nothing...at this pt.its all even

I understand. Thats why I said it means NOTHING, but just something to talk about. :Thumbs:
SVU Wrote:just like last yr,throw all your stats away..they mean nothing...at this pt.its all even

:Thumbs:Going to be a great game.
Talent will be even in this game. Boyle may even be more talented overall and especially in some key positions. But even if talent is even or slighly in favor of Boyle it will not come down to that. Speed and strength often determine the outcome of many games. But this one will be won by Bell due to their winning will.

I have watched this group of kids who are now seniors for a bunch of years. Sure, they are very fast. And they have done the work in the weight room. But the kinda good they bring to the field just goes beyond those typical measures. Not taking anything from a superb Boyle team. I just think what will determine the final score here will be on Bell's side.
I do remember we took our blowup helmet to Boyle Co last year and they would not let us use it. They even sent over the law enforcement because we was still going to use it.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next