Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle Co.
33.62%
Bell Co.
66.38%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co. @ Bell Co. 11/26
First things first. Bring on that T U R K E Y ! than I'm ready for some football.:biggrin:
Rebel55 Wrote:Thanks William! A little walk is not bad at all. I assume that you will have quick access to the main highway this way also?

yep
I like we're able to play with all the pressure not being on us. We are the underdog in this one. Boyle comes in the state champs. They beat us last year. It seems like we have nothing to do but focus on this game squarely. I think we come out focused and ready to take on this challenge.
In my opinion, the outcome of this game will directly come down to the tackles recorded by #93. He has not been the same since his ankle injury, seems a step slower. Early in the year he was getting 5-6 tackles a game. He has been blanked since coming back from the injury. IF Thielemann can rise up and make a presence in the backfield along with McGilligan then Boyle by a TD. If Hester and Dawson have to make all of the tackles all night Bell by 7. Therefore, stat of the game is 10 tackles by the Boyle DT's. 10 or more, Boyle to the finals. Less than 10, Bell. Either way, I will be the first Boyle fan in the stands Friday night. Go Rebels!
Easy you think that Bell County has no pressure on them? Playing a team that beat them last, and having the game on their home field in front of all family and school mates to boot. Not to mention that both schools have a great Sr. class of players, one of the team's seniors WILL have to turn their pads in after the game. I guarentee that both Bell and Boyle seniors have thought this could be their last game and will be feeling the pressure at the start. I also expect both teams will have butterflys during pre-game warm-ups. IMO the team that handles the pressure, comes out on top at the end.
Rebel55 Wrote:Easy you think that Bell County has no pressure on them? Playing a team that beat them last, and having the game on their home field in front of all family and school mates to boot. Not to mention that both schools have a great Sr. class of players, one of the team's seniors WILL have to turn their pads in after the game. I guarentee that both Bell and Boyle seniors have thought this could be their last game and will be feeling the pressure at the start. I also expect both teams will have butterflys during pre-game warm-ups. IMO the team that handles the pressure, comes out on top at the end.

I'm sure the thought of playing your last game is something that anyone would think about for sure but I don't think Bell has the pressure on them as much. You don't sense it from being around them. They are focused for the game and the game only. I think last year they had the weight of the world on their shoulders last year going to Boyle. I really don't sense that this year at all. Being the underdog takes away a lot of that burden. (I do realize that both teams are not perceived as the underdog in this one I was just pointing out that Boyle was the victor last year and until/or if they are knocked off they are still the favorite this year).
easyM Wrote:I'm sure the thought of playing your last game is something that anyone would think about for sure but I don't think Bell has the pressure on them as much. You don't sense it from being around them. They are focused for the game and the game only. I think last year they had the weight of the world on their shoulders last year going to Boyle. I really don't sense that this year at all. Being the underdog takes away a lot of that burden. (I do realize that both teams are not perceived as the underdog in this one I was just pointing out that Boyle was the victor last year and until/or if they are knocked off they are still the favorite this year).

I can understand that logic Easy, but IMO the closer gametime comes, both sides will start feeling it. They would not be human if they don't.
I'm going with Bell 21-17.
Rebel55 Wrote:I can understand that logic Easy, but IMO the closer gametime comes, both sides will start feeling it. They would not be human if they don't.

I agree with that. The nerves and a adrenaline will kick in big time as gametime approaches. If it doesn't, someone doesn't have a heartbeat...
It should be a great game come Friday night.
Rebel55 Wrote:I have a question about parking for the Bell people. How is the parking? I can remember a lot of construction 2 years ago, and parking was limited. Is it any better this year? IMO Boyle will bring a crowd, but not as many as Knox had last week.

I will get there around 5 for this game. Front row parking. If you stay after the game and go on the field with the boys, by the time you do that you can drive straight onto the highway.

Bell Co seats right at 4,200 people, which is stands only. Plenty of standing room around the track.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I will get there around 5 for this game. Front row parking. If you stay after the game and go on the field with the boys, by the time you do that you can drive straight onto the highway.

Bell Co seats right at 4,200 people, which is stands only. Plenty of standing room around the track.

Yep, we stand right under or beside the feildgoal post, where u hear all the horns and noise, well thats us!! Thats a great spot..

Were geting up there at 5 also to start the grill up and have us a good time watching all the fans n Rebels roll in to the Hilton, where u can check in But ya cant check out!!! :popcorn:
I got to go with the Mountain team... Bell-35 - Boyle-14
easyM Wrote:Trust me, we're used to you! You know you can't back up what you have said about the defense of Boyle this year. They are not as good as last year. Are they good? YES. I didn't say that. And for your other statement, if Bell doesn't have more yardage this year than last, I'll be the first to say they lose this game. I don't think that will happen but I'm sure Boyle is stacking up against Davenport and I don't blame them.
You've been wrong with many of your statements this year. I hope you're wrong one more time. And Jack, we can throw the ball. Don't know how much Dudley will go away from the run, but yes we can throw the ball.
I just wanted to remind you of how many times this year we have heard the same things from you. You are wrong at times.......:thanks:
For the record, I don't won't you go anywhere and I will read your posts. They're not all dumb..lol Good luck to your Rebels Friday night......

Do me a favor easym dont take it up on yourself to be my keeper,i dont need another daddy ive already got one.i dont have to back up what ive said about Boyles defense they will do it for me friday night.im human so sue me for being wrong ocassionaly.im sorry im not Mr.perfect like you and always right about every thing.if you go back and read my posts on this thread ive not said anything negative about Bell in any way,like you have Boyle.also i never said Bell couldnt pass the ball,im sure they do it quite well.ill stand by what ive said i think Boyle has a better team than they did last year,and thier are a whole lot more Boyle fans who feel the same way thier just not members of BGR.ive missed 2 Boyle co. games in the last twenty years,so i know how to judge our teams from year to year.im not as dumb as you think i am i played ball back in the day,and ive been involved in it most of my life.do me a favor and find some one else to aggravate ive got better things to do than argue with you.
Bell Co. by 21!
This game will be crazy... the parking will be anywhere u can get a spot. There is about 3 games i can remember that should bring this much hype, highlands 03, Lexington Cath/Winston Guy and of course the Boyle 08. I haven't missed a bell home game since around 1999. The game will hopefully live up to the hype 2 great traditions...
I just got a call from my son who lives in Tazewell,Tn and he says it going to be about 70 there on Turkey Day,now I wish the game was on Thrusday night, rats.Will be making the drive to see him and family and eat some turkey and play some basketball and maybe pass the football around.
its gonna be a war friday night with lamar dawson comin down to log moutain wish this was the state championschip game but it aint im taking boyle by 3 in a thriller
Jack Lambert Wrote:Do me a favor easym dont take it up on yourself to be my keeper,i dont need another daddy ive already got one.i dont have to back up what ive said about Boyles defense they will do it for me friday night.im human so sue me for being wrong ocassionaly.im sorry im not Mr.perfect like you and always right about every thing.if you go back and read my posts on this thread ive not said anything negative about Bell in any way,like you have Boyle.also i never said Bell couldnt pass the ball,im sure they do it quite well.ill stand by what ive said i think Boyle has a better team than they did last year,and thier are a whole lot more Boyle fans who feel the same way thier just not members of BGR.ive missed 2 Boyle co. games in the last twenty years,so i know how to judge our teams from year to year.im not as dumb as you think i am i played ball back in the day,and ive been involved in it most of my life.do me a favor and find some one else to aggravate ive got better things to do than argue with you.

Do me a favor and grow up a little bit. Seems like you're getting a little testy before Friday nights game. Geez!!!!! Go pout up somewhere else and fuss with someone else. I wasn't looking to argue with you over anything. I just noticed how you have gotten on here before every game and told how great Boyle's defense is. You've went as far as to say it's better than last year's. I just don't see that. The defense Boyle put on the field last year was one of the best I've seen in a long, long, time. I don't think they're as good as last year. That's what I was saying. You like to give your opinion and as soon as posters give their's throughout the year, you've corrected them. If you don't like the same being done to you, you'll have to find a way to live with it. It should be a great game Friday night but Bell will bust through for their chunk of yardage come that night. If you don't like that or agree with it, tough. Go blow up and pout to someone else. I could care less if you like what I have to say. And, I don't mind one bit pointing out your inaccuracies throughout the year just like you don't mind to do the same. If you don't like that, don't respond. I wasn't looking for a fuss at all but I also won't let you babble at the mouth without saying my part. Have a nice drive down Friday night. Hope your ride back isn't as pleasant.....
Jack Lambert Wrote:Do me a favor easym dont take it up on yourself to be my keeper,i dont need another daddy ive already got one.i dont have to back up what ive said about Boyles defense they will do it for me friday night.im human so sue me for being wrong ocassionaly.im sorry im not Mr.perfect like you and always right about every thing.if you go back and read my posts on this thread ive not said anything negative about Bell in any way,like you have Boyle.also i never said Bell couldnt pass the ball,im sure they do it quite well.ill stand by what ive said i think Boyle has a better team than they did last year,and thier are a whole lot more Boyle fans who feel the same way thier just not members of BGR.ive missed 2 Boyle co. games in the last twenty years,so i know how to judge our teams from year to year.im not as dumb as you think i am i played ball back in the day,and ive been involved in it most of my life.do me a favor and find some one else to aggravate ive got better things to do than argue with you.

And I haven't said one thing negative about Boyle all year. Matter of fact, I've stated since the beginning they're the team to beat. Just because I don't agree with your statements about their defense doesn't mean that I have putting Boyle down in any way....There's a difference you know.......
Bell-13
Boyle-7
easyM Wrote:Do me a favor and grow up a little bit. Seems like you're getting a little testy before Friday nights game. Geez!!!!! Go pout up somewhere else and fuss with someone else. I wasn't looking to argue with you over anything. I just noticed how you have gotten on here before every game and told how great Boyle's defense is. You've went as far as to say it's better than last year's. I just don't see that. The defense Boyle put on the field last year was one of the best I've seen in a long, long, time. I don't think they're as good as last year. That's what I was saying. You like to give your opinion and as soon as posters give their's throughout the year, you've corrected them. If you don't like the same being done to you, you'll have to find a way to live with it. It should be a great game Friday night but Bell will bust through for their chunk of yardage come that night. If you don't like that or agree with it, tough. Go blow up and pout to someone else. I could care less if you like what I have to say. And, I don't mind one bit pointing out your inaccuracies throughout the year just like you don't mind to do the same. If you don't like that, don't respond. I wasn't looking for a fuss at all but I also won't let you babble at the mouth without saying my part. Have a nice drive down Friday night. Hope your ride back isn't as pleasant.....

What ever easy im done arguing with you.im not gonna stoop to your level any more.you maybe the one pouting friday night instead of me.:blabbermo
Ya know, the more I read this thread, the more I root for neither team.
Jack Lambert Wrote:What ever easy im done arguing with you.im not gonna stoop to your level any more.you maybe the one pouting friday night instead of me.:blabbermo

No Jack I won't pout either way. I'd be much happier if Bell won but I definitely won't pout. And please say your comments about stooping to anyone else's level. I'm not at all ashamed of who I am or what I am. I'll admit when I'm wrong. Best of luck to both teams.
You're a good one to put a blabbermouth icon on a statement. That's more than laughable. Be safe coming down whether you like me or not. For that part, whteher I lie you or not. We both know earlier in the year a thread could have started over a certain issue that went on but "I wouldn't stoop to that level." Short memory I guess????
If the Bell County players read BGR like I know the Boyle County players do then we all know who will feel the pressure on Friday night and it won't be the underdog that has been labeled the underdog by the people who voted in the poll. The players know what's up and who thinks what. The players know who the perceived favorite is. 72-36. Oh yeah.....they know.
RebelPride12 Wrote:If the Bell County players read BGR like I know the Boyle County players do then we all know who will feel the pressure on Friday night and it won't be the underdog that has been labeled the underdog by the people who voted in the poll. The players know what's up and who thinks what. The players know who the perceived favorite is. 72-36. Oh yeah.....they know.

Well I'm sure they read it unfortunately but I would think Dudley will have his boys ignoring any bs of a poll. You have to remember 75% of the pollsters are mountain fans. They're going to vote for their teams in most cases. Boyle is the defending state champs and they are the favorite. If not, they should be. This will be a game that can go any way. I'll take Bell if I had to put money on it but I sure wouldn't invest my lifesavings doing so. Boyle is the real deal. And I know they'll be ready for the challenge. I just hope Log Mountain leaves another bad memory in their minds......
easyM Wrote:No Jack I won't pout either way. I'd be much happier if Bell won but I definitely won't pout. And please say your comments about stooping to anyone else's level. I'm not at all ashamed of who I am or what I am. I'll admit when I'm wrong. Best of luck to both teams.
You're a good one to put a blabbermouth icon on a statement. That's more than laughable. Be safe coming down whether you like me or not. For that part, whteher I lie you or not. We both know earlier in the year a thread could have started over a certain issue that went on but "I wouldn't stoop to that level." Short memory I guess????

Good night easy im done.
:popcorn:
:popcorn::redboxer:
Jack Lambert Wrote:Good night easy im done.

Good night jack. Im done too.
Still wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours...Have a good one...
easyM Wrote:Good night jack. Im done too.
Still wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours...Have a good one...

Thank you, Happy Thanksgiving to you,and your family to.
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next