Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands/Johnson Central Updates
Highlands makes the XP.

Highlands 14
Johnson Central 0

7.7 seconds left in the 2nd Quarter.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Highlands with a 30-yard strike to the endzone!

7.7 seconds left in the half.

That hurts if your for JC.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

sstack Wrote:Highlands D bends but does not break, and O puts 14 on the board

Does JC have any answer. This pace it's a 28-0 final
Stardust Wrote:Meaning JJ has been a decoy, or just not effective

He hasn't been really effective against the Birds D for the most part. They are keying on him and thus that is how Bratton is getting his yards. Highlands is doing a very good job on containing Jude.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:That hurts if your for JC.

Or it feels good if you are not??? :biggrin::Thumbs:
Benchwarmer Wrote:How about a small amount of objectivity for the announcers?

I'm about as objective as it gets being a Scott fan/alumni and constantly taking whoopings by Highlands and Johnson Central so that isn't the issue.
Stardust Wrote:Or it feels good if you are not??? :biggrin::Thumbs:
lol
:flame:
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:He hasn't been really effective against the Birds D for the most part. They are keying on him for the most part and thus that is how Bratton is getting his yards.

It was posted earlier that JJ needed 250 yards to break the record. Will he have any chance?
Stardust Wrote:It was posted earlier that JJ needed 250 yards to break the record. Will he have any chance?

Unless he absolutely breaks out and torches the Highlands Defense next half, he won't come close...
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Unless he absolutely breaks out and torches the Highlands Defense next half, he won't come close...

I know it's only 14 points, but at what stage will JC feel the desparation and change from the running game to force themselves to pass?

Who gets the kickoff
Stardust Wrote:Meaning JJ has been a decoy, or just not effective

towards end of half Jude limped over to sidelines and was limping around. Hope he is ok and back in second half.
:Thumbs:
BaseballIsLife Wrote:A small dose of objectivity wouldn't hurt at all.
sstack Wrote:towards end of half Jude limped over to sidelines and was limping around. Hope he is ok and back in second half.

Certainly don't want this to come down for either team to say they could not win because they did not have their best on the field. I hope he is out there on the field as well
JC was moving the ball very good, just once inside the 10 and the other time around the 20 they got stopped on 4th and short..
Stardust Wrote:I know it's only 14 points, but at what stage will JC feel the desparation and change from the running game to force themselves to pass?

Who gets the kickoff

Johnson Central will get the ball to open the 2nd half I believe.

In my opinion, once Johnson Central goes to the passing game, they will be playing right into Highlands hands. They are a running team and both Highlands and JC know it. The game isn't out of hand yet so Johnson Central can still run the ball and chew some clock. However, they might need to show a little more urgency at least.
JC gets the ball after half and needs to score to keep this from getting away..
cuppett777 Wrote:JC was moving the ball very good, just once inside the 10 and the other time around the 20 they got stopped on 4th and short..

The first time they were stopped at the Highlands 12 and the second one they were stopped just outside the Highlands 30.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:The first time they were stopped at the Highlands 12 and the second one they were stopped just outside the Highlands 30.

So they are grinding it out, but just can't finish. True Championship teams can either finish or defend the Red Zone.

How did HHS get their first score?
Stardust Wrote:It was posted earlier that JJ needed 250 yards to break the record. Will he have any chance?

not a chance tonight
Stardust Wrote:So they are grinding it out, but just can't finish. True Championship teams can either finish or defend the Red Zone.

How did HHS get their first score?

Highlands had a nice balanced rushing attack to begin their opening drive and they capped it off with an 18-yard run by Towles for the TD.
Johnson Central doesn't have what it takes offensively to come back from 14 down against Highlands. Don't get me wrong the Eagles are a great running football team but if you cant spread the field and score quickly it is going to be tough to come back from 2 touchdowns down against one of the best defenses in the state.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Johnson Central will get the ball to open the 2nd half I believe.

In my opinion, once Johnson Central goes to the passing game, they will be playing right into Highlands hands. They are a running team and both Highlands and JC know it. The game isn't out of hand yet so Johnson Central can still run the ball and chew some clock. However, they might need to show a little more urgency at least.

:Thumbs:

I would agree. If JC starts the half with the ball, they have no reason to get away from the "Power Football". If they don't punch in a score of some kind on the first drive and does not force something big on D, I look for them to change philosophy immediately.
I'm actually a bit surprised that Highlands hasn't passed the ball more than they have. Every time they do, they are carving up JC's secondary.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Johnson Central doesn't have what it takes offensively to come back from 14 down against Highlands. Don't get me wrong the Eagles are a great running football team but if you cant spread the field and score quickly it is going to be tough to come back from 2 touchdowns down against one of the best defenses in the state.

Nice post. It was posted by JC fans though, that they could pass and would surprise the HHS D. If they can prove effective passing, then they could get themselves back into the game. But they certainly have time to continue to run the ball at the beginning of the half
Reminds me of Lawrence/Bell last year. LC gave up a score with around 7 secs left to give Bell a 14-0 lead instead of 7-0 big difference urgency wise.
Hope JC gets rolling but worried about them.
Hopefully they can bounce back and play with the same intensity.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
BaseballIsLife Wrote:I'm actually a bit surprised that Highlands hasn't passed the ball more than they have. Every time they do, they are carving up JC's secondary.

Look for it in the 2nd half. This seems typical of HHS. Dale will see what you have, make adjustments at the half, and then attack your weaknesses. Let's see if Matney has the same level of ability to make adjustments.
Stardust Wrote:Nice post. It was posted by JC fans though, that they could pass and would surprise the HHS D. If they can prove effective passing, then they could get themselves back into the game. But they certainly have time to continue to run the ball at the beginning of the half

Surprise them with a passing attack? To my knowledge, I have only seen one pass play all game from Johnson Central. They were able to complete it though but regardless, they have done virtually nothing through the air.
Halftime points:

JC gets the ball to start the second half. If they can score, they can try to make a game of it. No celebrating by HHS yet.

Jude looks like he might have strained his groin (i.e., limp was not due to a knee or ankle issue). Went back in to play defense afterwards and got a sack so not sure that it's an issue. Was not that effective on offensive beforehand since HHS was keying on him. Will be interesting to see if JC keeps him in the game to get his yards if HHS starts to pull away and puts in its 2nd and 3rd string players.

JC running game looks good on the quick hitters up the gut. Not so much on anything else although the QB is 2/2 on his passes. There is potential there to put some points on the board.

HHS offense and defense looks like they're both getting a little more comfortable out there. JC looks like its wearing down a little on both sides of the ball.

Oh, and the webcast announcers are entertaining at times but annoyingly un-objective. They literally complained about almost every spot in the first half. And they made a comment about HHS putting one of its players in its dormitory to get him to come play there. Very poor sportsmanship and it will probably only get worse in the second half.

Flame on......
kypecos Wrote:Halftime points:

JC gets the ball to start the second half. If they can score, they can try to make a game of it. No celebrating by HHS yet.

Jude looks like he might have strained his groin (i.e., limp was not due to a knee or ankle issue). Went back in to play defense afterwards and got a sack so not sure that it's an issue. Was not that effective on offensive beforehand since HHS was keying on him. Will be interesting to see if JC keeps him in the game to get his yards if HHS starts to pull away and puts in its 2nd and 3rd string players.

JC running game looks good on the quick hitters up the gut. Not so much on anything else although the QB is 2/2 on his passes. There is potential there to put some points on the board.

HHS offense and defense looks like they're both getting a little more comfortable out there. JC looks like its wearing down a little on both sides of the ball.

Oh, and the webcast announcers are entertaining at times but annoyingly un-objective. They literally complained about almost every spot in the first half. And they made a comment about HHS putting one of its players in its dormitory to get him to come play there. Very poor sportsmanship and it will probably only get worse in the second half.

Flame on......

Very nice recap and nicely unobjective:Thumbs:

I honestly don't think the game will ever get to the point that either teams 2nds or thirds will see the field, but if JJ is not effective, there is also no need to continue to give him the ball to get his yards. Still a lot of game to be played.

The first possession is very key for JC, but it's not the end of the game if they don't score. However, if the let HHS get to 21-0, the planning for next week in Ft. Thomas can begin.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next