•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands/Johnson Central Updates
Benchwarmer Wrote:What do you expect from the home announcer? That was such a wonderful spot.

It was the correct spot.
Who cares about the announcers? Stick to the updates.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:I was holding my tongue for awhile there but these announcers are very one-sided. Granted I know they are affiliated with the school but they believe that JC is getting hosed on almost every call. Hardly the case.
And, shouldn't they?
Highlands has the ball at about the 50 now. 2nd and 8. Not sure on the time left in the 2nd quarter.
I think they are doing fine. Their home town announcers. Do you want them to talk up Highlands.
I'm assuming no score yet
Benchwarmer Wrote:And, shouldn't they?

A small dose of objectivity wouldn't hurt at all.
Johnson Central comes up with the INT!
Although it was really almost a 20-yard punt.

JC takes over at about their own 30.
nptb17 Wrote:I think they are doing fine. Their home town announcers. Do you want them to talk up Highlands.

:Thumbs:
2:19 left in the 2nd Quarter.

Highlands 7
Johnson Central 0

2nd and 12
How about a separate thread just to allow the Highlands folks to whine about Johnson Central's announcers?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:How about a separate thread just to allow the Highlands folks to whine about Johnson Central's announcers?

Sounds great.
Also shows you how bad Scott and Cov Cath are on defense.
Still 7-0?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Jude loses 8 yards on the carry and it will be 3rd and 20 now for JC at their own 20 yard line.

Highlands calls a TO to stop the clock.
nptb17 Wrote:Also shows you how bad Scott and Cov Cath are on defense.
Yes it does. Highlands jumped on their defenses early and often I believe.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Still 7-0?

Correct.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:2:19 left in the 2nd Quarter.

Highlands 7
Johnson Central 0

2nd and 12

:Thumbs:
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Jude loses 8 yards on the carry and it will be 3rd and 20 now for JC at their own 20 yard line.

Highlands calls a TO to stop the clock.

What has Jude done so far
After a big 17 yard run, the Birds hold and it will be 4th down.

Highlands calls another TO.

Highlands 7
Johnson Central 0
Stardust Wrote:What has Jude done so far

From what I've seen, he has been bottled up for the most part.

Bratton has been doing most of the damage for JC thus far in the rushing attack.
Central is playing a lot better on defense this week as well.
I'm not trying to say that the JC announcers should talk up Highlands or not support their team, all I'm trying to say is that a small use of objectivity here or there wouldn't hurt.
nptb17 Wrote:Central is playing a lot better on defense this week as well.

They are playing better but a lot of it is due to the fact that their offense has been chewing up a lot of clock and thus giving Highlands relatively few possessions.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:I'm not trying to say that the JC announcers should talk up Highlands or not support their team, all I'm trying to say is that a small use of objectivity here or there wouldn't hurt.

How about a small amount of objectivity for the announcers?
JC's announcers are obviously showing the same frustration as fans, that should be expected and is OK
Highlands driving at the JC 30 yard line.

Highlands calls their last TO to stop the clock. Not sure on the time left. My guess is around 30 seconds left.
Highlands with a 30-yard strike to the endzone!

7.7 seconds left in the half.
Highlands D bends but does not break, and O puts 14 on the board
BaseballIsLife Wrote:From what I've seen, he has been bottled up for the most part.

Bratton has been doing most of the damage for JC thus far in the rushing attack.

Meaning JJ has been a decoy, or just not effective
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next