Poll: Who do you think will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Allen County-Scottsville
54.55%
Lone Oak
45.45%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lone Oak @ Allen County-Scottsville 11/19
4A Region One Championship

Thoughts?
Lone Oak.
Lone Oak will have to overcome the most biased officiating that I've ever seen to beat ACS at home. I've been there for two games now and it's the only place I've ever been where the officiating is obviously biased. Quite unfortunate, because ACS has some very good athletes who's accomplishments will always be tainted.

Given Lone Oaks performance against Franklin Simpson, I think ACS wins @ home.

ACS 28
LO 21
This is a hard one to call. Neither played very good Friday night and both were lucky to win. LO with 6 turnovers and still afraid to let their freshman qb throw the ball down field. ACS wins this if LO does not let the qb throw anything deeper than a bubble screen. If they let him throw down field and he is successful LO wins
As the level of competition increases, LO will be less likely to recover from its many turnovers. This should be one heckuva game.
ACS has not had the best games their last two out, but this last one was at the very least just a bad half. They played as poorly as one could expect them to in the first half, but they did outscore Russell County 24-2 in the second half. I think they underestimated what the Lakers could do, and it nearly cost them. Given the beatdown Lone Oak put on them last year, I don't like the Purple Flash to fly under the radar the same way.

I also think it bears mentioning that as good as Lone Oak has been in the last few years, they've not won one of these playoff games away from home. State Championships to second round games, not one win outside of the Graveyard. And that trend will continue.
Tough game to call. Looking at what Lone Oak has done on the road, they certainly have played well. I believe this comes down to the last possession of the game and Lone Oak pulls it out for a 7 point win
Lone Oak
Courtesy Calpreps - Lone Oak 27 at*Allen County-Scottsville 31 http://www.Calpreps.com
ACS by 14.
LO
I'll take Lone Oak 35-31.
Allen County at home is just as hard to win at as the Graveyard. Allen County 21-14
adopted purple Wrote:Allen County at home is just as hard to win at as the Graveyard. Allen County 21-14

Is that what they call their place. Ours is called the Bobcat Hilton where you can check in but you can't check out.
Allen County up 12-7 End of 1st.