Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refs Blow Two Calls Against Steelers
As I posted previously, the refs made two horrible calls against the Steelers which allowed the Bengals to pull withing six points. The NFL has notified the Steelers the referees did, in fact miss the two calls.

NFL says officials made 2 wrong calls against Steelers
Friday, November 12, 2010
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Steelers have been informed by the National Football League that two penalties that almost cost them in Monday night's victory in Cincinnati should not have been called, the Post-Gazette has learned.
Coach Mike Tomlin sent a complaint to the league office earlier this week, challenging the roughing-the-passer penalty on nose tackle Casey Hampton and a pass interference penalty against cornerback Ike Taylor on back-to-back plays that allowed the Bengals to move to the Steelers 1 in the fourth quarter.
Two plays later, the Bengals scored on a 1-yard run by Cedric Benson to cut the Steelers lead to 27-21.
After Jeff Reed missed a 46-yard field goal that would have given the Steelers a nine-point lead, the Bengals drove to the Steelers 12 and had a chance to win the game until a fourth-down pass to rookie receiver Jordan Shipley was broken up by Taylor and linebacker James Harrison with 34 seconds remaining.
The league informed the Steelers the penalty against Hampton should not have been called because he hit quarterback Carson Palmer on the thigh, not below the knee or to the head, after an incomplete pass.
On the next play from the Steelers 21, Taylor was penalized for pass interference against Terrell Owens, a call that was made by the official in the back of the end zone, not the side judge who was right in front of the play on the left sideline. The league told the Steelers no penalty should have been called.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10316/110...z158G0xTZO
This happens every day in every sport.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:This happens every day in every sport.

You mean the league office notifies a team of such calls every day? I don't think so. The point is with all the panic with fines and suspensions, the Steelers feel targeted and they are quick to penalize the Steelers.
Shady Grady Wrote:You mean the league office notifies a team of such calls every day? I don't think so. The point is with all the panic with fines and suspensions, the Steelers feel targeted and they are quick to penalize the Steelers.

I thought u meant refs jumping the gun and blowing calls.
The NFL has always hated the Steelers. They hated them yesterday. They hate them today, and they'll hate them tomorrow. Which is why its always so sweet when our Steelers keep piling superbowl trophies in the case. Screw the NFL.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]