Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UConn Women
UConn women started the season off yesterday with their 79th consecutive win, only 9 less than the UCLA mens record of 88. They next play #2 Baylor. I can't say that I follow Womens basketball to any degree, but this is definitely one of those things to follow as History unfolds in front of us. Whether you care about womens sports or not, this is an amazing accomplishment.
Ill tip my hat to the lady huskies! 79 consecutive wins is a job well done.
Way to go ladies
Absolutely true! Coach Geno is doing an unbelievable job. What makes it more incredible is that women's basketball is getting BETTER than it used to be, in terms of athletes and MORE schools being contenders, etc... 10-15 years ago we knew that the perennial NCAA Final Four teams would be between 5-7 schools. Sure, occasionally a team would slip up, but really Title contenders were teams like UT, UC, Stanford, Notre Dame, La Tech, etc...

to make a long story short, not only are UCONN dominating, they are doing it in a era in which the sport is getting BETTER!
Baylor is tough.
They have a girl that threw down on everyone when she was in HS lol
zaga_fan Wrote:Baylor is tough.
They have a girl that threw down on everyone when she was in HS lol

That same girl also threw down a nice right hook last year as well...LOL
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:That same girl also threw down a nice right hook last year as well...LOL

That she did...
that she did...