Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 97 Pikeville College 66
Aslan Wrote:Yeah.
Vargas is not near as talented as Big Cuz and his post moves and nack for getting offensive boards are not near to Cousins capability.
I feel like Vargas can be a serviceable big man for us. He's not going to win any games for us, but he won't lose them either. Hopefully Enes gets eligible and he can come off the bench. They won't be near as much pressure on him that way.

Can noone read now'days?
I said COULD BE.. He has the body and the mentality..
He just has to put in the work..
Not happening.
He's a serviceable big man at best.
I love how you people get your opinion of what a player will do for the team for the rest of the season based on one exhibition game against an NAIA school.

Think back to this time last year and the opinions on the big 4 freshman.
vundy33 Wrote:I love how you people get your opinion of what a player will do for the team for the rest of the season based on one exhibition game against an NAIA school.

Think back to this time last year and the opinions on the big 4 freshman.

Vargas played for Florida not long ago.
Ballers Wrote:Just IMO.. I think if he puts the work in he could be up there and just as good.

On the topic of Puckett and Hurt.. I have to say Puckett is 10 times better.. Bigger body, can shoot extremely well.. I've seen him have some really big games.

Apparently you haven't seen Zack Hurt, Zack has the better body, Zack is much more athletic, and Zack is a better defender. Puckett does have a better offensive game though.
Zach is a little bigger, but Puckett is more athletic.
Aslan Wrote:Vargas played for Florida not long ago.

lol, he was on the team, but I wouldn't say he played, hahah. I'm not just talking about him, I'm talking about the views on all the players. It's like everyone is dead-set on their opinion of these guys and the roles they'll play this year from one game.
^ What's wrong with that?
Did you want me to say that Vargas was going to be a PG instead?
Ballers Wrote:With Enes elite 8? Are you kidding me? LOL...
If we had Enes, we'd have a repeat of last year huh...
With all the talent that has left the NCAA, and with what we have.. I have to disagree majorly.

WHat are you saying, UK will not even make the elite 8?? or they will make it past the elite 8???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:WHat are you saying, UK will not even make the elite 8?? or they will make it past the elite 8???

That they will make it past the elite 8 w/ Enes, IMO.
vundy33 Wrote:lol, he was on the team, but I wouldn't say he played, hahah. I'm not just talking about him, I'm talking about the views on all the players. It's like everyone is dead-set on their opinion of these guys and the roles they'll play this year from one game.
True
Ballers Wrote:That they will make it past the elite 8 w/ Enes, IMO.

Without Enes this team is not as talented as last years and they didn't get past the elite eight.
hypocrit.. you said it yourself you wouldn't be surprised if they won this year with Enes..
Bottom line is not they are not as talented as they were last year..
But is any NCAA team as talented as they were last year, or better?!?!?
When Hurt and Puckett graduated high school, Hurt was the better player. For Puckett to be better then him now means he had to work harder then Hurt, which is very difficult, for from what I hear no one out worked Hurt.
Puckett is hands down better than Hurt.. I don't even know why we are having this conversation..
If he isn't.. Then why was Puckett inserted into the game before Hurt? I don't even think Hurt seen the floor..
Ballers Wrote:Puckett is hands down better than Hurt.. I don't even know why we are having this conversation..
If he isn't.. Then why was Puckett inserted into the game before Hurt? I don't even think Hurt seen the floor..

Hurt is now at Alice Lloyd, he started dating a girl down their or something like that. I know he got playing time, all I said was when they was seniors in high school Hurt was without a doubt better.
Ballers Wrote:That they will make it past the elite 8 w/ Enes, IMO.

Well this team will ahve to shoot the lights out! or else they are screwed, they just dont have inside presence that last years team had... I think the elite 8 is a long way for this team! unless jones get his act together
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Aslan Wrote:True

Without Enes this team is not as talented as last years and they didn't get past the elite eight.

I agree, but with enes they still will not have that demarcus cousins inside. Yes they have a better shooting night. but 1 bad night shooting and anyone can beat them...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Ballers Wrote:hypocrit.. you said it yourself you wouldn't be surprised if they won this year with Enes..
Bottom line is not they are not as talented as they were last year..
But is any NCAA team as talented as they were last year, or better?!?!?

I didn't say they wouldn't get past the elite 8. I just said, last year's team was more talented and didn't. I wouldn't be surprised if we did, but it's far from a sure thing. Enes makes our chances a lot better though.