Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Wins Class 4A?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Bell County because they will have Boyle at home. 4A is loaded this season, IMO. However, if the Colonels hold Davenport under 100 yards, then they have a great shot.

Hoot, did you mean "Rebels" rather than "Colonels?"
leecoukfan Wrote:Who ever wins between Bell and Boyle will go on to beat Martha Layne Collins IMO!

Yep I agree 100%

MLC WILL NOT be a push over however.
Marion Co. beat Collins didn't they.
Hatz Wrote:Hoot, did you mean "Rebels" rather than "Colonels?"
Yes, I meant Rebels. My apologies to all Rebel fans. :biggrin: :roses:
D-manz Wrote:Marion Co. beat Collins didn't they.

Collins' only loss is to Marion County by 3 points:

Aug 21, 10 Sheldon Clark home 48 - 16 (W)
Aug 28, 10 North Hardin at Lexington Catholic 49 - 42 (W)
Sep 3, 10 Marion County away 27 - 30 (L)
Sep 10, 10 Elizabethtown home 50 - 21 (W)
Sep 17, 10 LaRue County away 27 - 7 (W)
Sep 24, 10 Bullitt East home 52 - 7 (W)
Oct 1, 10 North Bullitt away 41 - 13 (W)
Oct 8, 10 Shelby County home 49 - 7 (W)
Oct 15, 10 Fern Creek home 34 - 14 (W)
Oct 29, 10 Madison Central away 49 - 21 (W)
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Yes, I meant Rebels. My apologies to all Rebel fans. :biggrin: :roses:

Well Hoot, since you brought flowers. :biggrin:

Okay. :lmao:
Hatz Wrote:Collins' only loss is to Marion County by 3 points:

Aug 21, 10 Sheldon Clark home 48 - 16 (W)
Aug 28, 10 North Hardin at Lexington Catholic 49 - 42 (W)
Sep 3, 10 Marion County away 27 - 30 (L)
Sep 10, 10 Elizabethtown home 50 - 21 (W)
Sep 17, 10 LaRue County away 27 - 7 (W)
Sep 24, 10 Bullitt East home 52 - 7 (W)
Oct 1, 10 North Bullitt away 41 - 13 (W)
Oct 8, 10 Shelby County home 49 - 7 (W)
Oct 15, 10 Fern Creek home 34 - 14 (W)
Oct 29, 10 Madison Central away 49 - 21 (W)

I would say they will not make it passed the second round:biggrin:
D-manz Wrote:I would say they will not make it passed the second round:biggrin:

Only if Marion County can "turn it around." I really expected more out of them this year.
It will be between Bourbon and Boyd vs whoever from the west. lol
Bell and Collins with Bell taking it all.
Ok,just having some fun with post #39,I really think it will be Bell Co or Boyle Co. one of the two will take 4A.
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa......whoa........whoa......

Collins can't beat Marion County but they are most people's pick to make it to state? Not happening. I am going with Boyle County and the winner between Allen County Scottsville and Lone Oak.
bell county wins another state championship
I'll say your wrong...........Bell county all the way!!!!!!!!!!
Tho it has quieted down some, there has been internal bickering at Lone Oak all year long over the quarterback issue. Both kids have their loyal adult supporters. You really can't second guess the freshman's passing statistics. Most will tell you in any case it is not the same team as last year.
Tica Wrote:Tho it has quieted down some, there has been internal bickering at Lone Oak all year long over the quarterback issue. Both kids have their loyal adult supporters. You really can't second guess the freshman's passing statistics. Most will tell you in any case it is not the same team as last year.

But I would never count them out. The loss (or whatever you want to call it) at Green County might be just what they needed to "rally the troops."
Boyle County has to be East Jessamine in the 2nd round before they go on the win state. I by no means is saying EJ gonna to win state, just saying Boyle has to beat them first again.
you are way off...........do you even know anything about 4A football???????????? BELL CO. will whip whoever
MLC should have never lost to Marion County and if they play them in the second round they will beat them. MLC played horrible at Marion County and Marion County played their best game of the year and only beat MLC by 3. MLC is a much better team now especially on defense. MLC beat Bullitt East 52-7 and Bullitt East beat Marion County 14-7. MLC also beat North Bullitt 41-13 and North Bullitt beat Marion County 28-16.
Knox this year and next.

Go big, right?
Football1 Wrote:Knox this year and next.

Go big, right?

That's the Spirit Football1! :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:That's the Spirit Football1! :Thumbs:
You gotta believe!

Bell is obvious easy pick for most. And I get that. But we will be doing our level best to change some minds over the next 3 weeks. GC, RC, BC - no easy path. But if it was easy, everybody would be great.
Football1 Wrote:You gotta believe!

Bell is obvious easy pick for most. And I get that. But we will be doing our level best to change some minds over the next 3 weeks. GC, RC, BC - no easy path. But if it was easy, everybody would be great.

You guys imo have a hard path. Greenup is better than most think, Rowan Co is also good, then us. You guys will deserve to play in the Region Championship. Then who knows what happens from there. :Thumbs:
blue1424 Wrote:MLC should have never lost to Marion County and if they play them in the second round they will beat them. MLC played horrible at Marion County and Marion County played their best game of the year and only beat MLC by 3. MLC is a much better team now especially on defense. MLC beat Bullitt East 52-7 and Bullitt East beat Marion County 14-7. MLC also beat North Bullitt 41-13 and North Bullitt beat Marion County 28-16.

I agree. Collins will destroy Marion Co now.
I'll take the Bell County/Boyle County winner over Allen County-Scottsville in the title game. This is the best Patriot team ever.
Bell County 42 Whoever comes out of the west 20
The "real" state championship game will come when Bell and Boyle meet, and ill take Bell in that one 28-14.

I wish Boyle would have to play KNOX before they could play bell like bell will have to before they play Boyle.
I think that game would be a tight one.
Doesn't Allen County have a weak schedule this year?
Pride and Football Wrote:Doesn't Allen County have a weak schedule this year?

They've got a couple of decent wins sprinkled in. Glasgow, Monroe County are pretty good wins though from two classes lower. Franklin-Simpson is a win over a fringe top 10 team in 4A. They beat Greenwood before the Gators began their implosion. A lot say it's because of that game against ACS, where they knocked out their most versatile player for the year and one of their best lienmen as well.

I'm not really basing it on them being 10-0, as I've seen the team. They've got great size, a thunder/lightning pair of running backs, and an excellent RB that is serviceable as a passer. Extremely physical team that will pose huge problems for running attacks. They are somewhat vulnerable to the passing attack, which is where they'd struggle with a team like Collins. I could see Collins beating them, but not Western. I think MLC/ACS would be a great semifinal.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Bell County 42 Whoever comes out of the west 20
The "real" state championship game will come when Bell and Boyle meet, and ill take Bell in that one 28-14.

I wish Boyle would have to play KNOX before they could play bell like bell will have to before they play Boyle.
I think that game would be a tight one.

If Bell Co makes it to the State Semi game, I would love for all the local teams and fans come out and support the Bobcats for that 1 game. :1:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:If Bell Co makes it to the State Semi game, I would love for all the local teams and fans come out and support the Bobcats for that 1 game. :1:

Unless Whitleys still playing, ill be there. Unlike many lol, im actually a fan of Bell.
There so much history between them and Whitley and i have so much respect for the Bell Co. program. I hope there hangin up another sign on 25E in December that reads state champs.
Good luck to Bell the rest of the way.