Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 44 Raceland 8 {STATE CHAMPIONSHIP}
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:We didn't have 8 we had 5. I would have liked to seen this game with both teams at full strength. We had 4 starting players out of that game yesterday for various reasons. Not having our QB really hurt us because we had to take our best playmaker and put him at QB. The game was officiated pretty well yesterday....I thought. Bottom line is.....We ran into a buzzsaw yesterday.

I too would have liked to see both teams at full strength and with a week off to prepare. Had the makings of a fantastic game. We were pretty beat up ourselves. Did you see the kid on the sidelines with crutches. He was actually our best fullback. Carried the whole team to victory in the game he was hurt at Middlesboro. #44, #68 and #70 all played hurt as well. As for the officiating, well the 2nd half was called pretty good after our coaches got on to the refs. We have 9 players that never come out of the game and coach pointed out these kids aren't stupid. They can see the other team doing the same thing we were getting called for and it not being called a penalty. Not at all saying the calls were bad, I could see most of them from the stands and they were good calls for the most part, just not being called on the other team. Sour grapes I guess, but we overcame our mistakes so no use worrying about it now. Please don't think I am saying anything bad about Raceland or that the officials were doing anything on purpose, just think its another case of us being the outsider that no one thought could compete. We weren't suppose to be this good so we must be doing something to get an advantage.
Messages In This Thread
Williamsburg 44 Raceland 8 {STATE CHAMPIONSHIP} - by Newjacket - 11-01-2010, 11:30 AM