Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 56 Lex Cath 28 (State Championship)
If I am correct Williamsburg was actually ahead of Corbin in that game and if the TD had not been called back would have been ahead even more. I also believed Williamsburg played thier worse game of the year that night and in addition to that Williamsburg starts several 7th graders while Corbin is all 8th. I do know that there are at least 2 players on Corbin's team that are from the Burg and that their families are still very close to people in the Williamsburg area. I have close friends from both teams and I believe several people from both squads were cheering for each other. Corbin and Williamsburg are like a pair of brothers who really get after each other (Corbin being the Big Brother of course) but when it comes to others going after them they tend to back eath other up (for the most part there are some who will not). That being said the Last time Corbin and Williamsburg meet (where it really counted as someone pointed out.....thanks for putting down all the teams they played in the Championship game BTW) the Little Brother Williamsburg got the best of the Big Brother Corbin and Big Brother has not wanted any of Little Brother since. Wink

With that being said. I think Corbin and Williamsburg should be very proud of what they both accomplished. Good teams are just that good Teams.
Messages In This Thread
Corbin 56 Lex Cath 28 (State Championship) - by Noble - 11-01-2010, 07:31 PM