•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 35 Harlan County 0
Patriot Wrote:I think the blocked punt set the tone!
Aslan I believe it was a Bell fan saying the game was closer then it seemed. I agree with that for two and half quarters.
One bothered me though with five minutes to go Bell throws a pass that turns into a TD because of bad HC defense, but throwing a pass with a 28-0 lead! HC would get crucified for that.

Please tell mne your kidding!!!! What about Coach Hilton taking his first team out after they got the ball down to the 5 yard line in the 4th. I believe Bell took it easy on Harlan county.:please:
easyM Wrote:Tell me you're not serious?
Do you remember when Bell had the ball first and goal with the jv in? Just stop while you can save face.

Save face? If it was the other way around you all would have treated us like we killed someone! With a 28-0 lead in the 4th is classless anywhere outside of Bell County.
log mtn mafia Wrote:Please tell mne your kidding!!!! What about Coach Hilton taking his first team out after they got the ball down to the 5 yard line in the 4th. I believe Bell took it easy on Harlan county.:please:

I said the same thing earlier in the thread. My guess is, that's one bear that's eating sour grapes.....:Clap:
Patriot Wrote:Save face? If it was the other way around you all would have treated us like we killed someone! With a 28-0 lead in the 4th is classless anywhere outside of Bell County.

That's too funny. PLEASE keep posting. If you think that's running up the score you are more than confused. Yeah, Dudley ran the score up. Wonder why he put the jv in inside the 5? Oh I know, he wanted to score with them to embarass the bears even more. Give me a break...
easyM Wrote:I said the same thing earlier in the thread. My guess is, that's one bear that's eating sour grapes.....:Clap:

Sour grapes and crow makes me cranky!
Patriot Wrote:Sour grapes and crow makes me cranky!

I've been there before. It'll go away eventually....
Remember the good part, HC starts playoffs now. So, it's not over by any means....
:popcorn:
easyM Wrote:I've been there before. It'll go away eventually....
Remember the good part, HC starts playoffs now. So, it's not over by any means....

I'm hoping this game helps motivate the Bears and get their minds right. I believe they got lost in the emotion of playing bell and just weren't as focused. My personal opinion is this is a rivalry most of these seniors have played against each other since the 5th grade.
I sincerely hope you guys keep winning. I see a definite Boyle County - Bell County matchup again this year. The game location won't matter. Boyle plays just as well in away games as home games. I see the potential game as a tossup. People from both sides can say what they want, but these are 2 very good high school football teams. It is just a shame that the game each year can't be for the state championship - because that actually is what it is for. A turnover or an unlucky break for either side will determine the winner. These 2 teams are that closely matched.
Dudley putting JV in was a class move, Putting the 1st team D in with the Game well in hand and HC backed up on it's 1 yard line....not so much.

Moving forward I hope Bell brings home a title to the mountains......What this team has accomplished in 4 years may never be duplicated in the mountains. Good Job...No, Great Job!
Liked Coach Hilton's quote on WYMT last night. Only 1 regular season loss in 4 years to the "University of Alcoa". Hahaha NICE. Good to see him get to express his obvious pride in what his team, and in particular his son's senior class, has done. Very well deserved. Would like to see a 2010 state title sign when driving along 25E.
Bottom line on this one is....Harlan is not in the same class as Bell!!!!
I honestly thought that the Black Bears would atleast be able to put some points on the board, but I think this may have been a statement game for the Bobcats going into the playoffs! Congrats Bell!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Defense determines destiny in football. Bell has allowed the fewset points of any team in 4A and is the only team to allow less than 100 pts (78). Knox has allowed the 2nd lowest at 103. Three and out defenese give their offense more touches and more opportunities to score.

HC faced the same challenge that every team who has failed to register a win on BC faced - how to move the ball with success. That Zero shows that riddle was not solved again.
rick2517 Wrote:I sincerely hope you guys keep winning. I see a definite Boyle County - Bell County matchup again this year. The game location won't matter. Boyle plays just as well in away games as home games. I see the potential game as a tossup. People from both sides can say what they want, but these are 2 very good high school football teams. It is just a shame that the game each year can't be for the state championship - because that actually is what it is for. A turnover or an unlucky break for either side will determine the winner. These 2 teams are that closely matched.

If I could pick a game to watch each year it would be Bell/Boyle (or any other year). I hate that realignment takes this game from us. Maybe we get to see it one more time. Keeping my fingers crossed...BUT I'm not forgetting our bordering county neighbors Knox. Although we beat them on their field, I feel like our bunch still has something to prove. Don't know what but there's still something we're not satisified with.......
easyM Wrote:If I could pick a game to watch each year it would be Bell/Boyle (or any other year). I hate that realignment takes this game from us. Maybe we get to see it one more time. Keeping my fingers crossed...BUT I'm not forgetting our bordering county neighbors Knox. Although we beat them on their field, I feel like our bunch still has something to prove. Don't know what but there's still something we're not satisified with.......
other than knox and soody daisy you guys have manhandled opponents.i think those of us who were at the knox/bell game saw how close these two were and the hard nosed defense and exciting offense they run.last night the bears saw first hand what most people only hear,and that is bell is the king of the mountains.
big blu 2 u Wrote:other than knox and soody daisy you guys have manhandled opponents.i think those of us who were at the knox/bell game saw how close these two were and the hard nosed defense and exciting offense they run.last night the bears saw first hand what most people only hear,and that is bell is the king of the mountains.

Two things that stood out in the Knox game to me. One, how physical both teams played. Two, these teams know everything about each other. I was impressed that Dudley stuck to the Bell style of play. He called the game offensively close to his vest. Many coaches would have lost their patience and opened it up. He wouldn't do that. He believed in his team and he stuck to the game they play. Now it's playoffs so with Dudley, all bets are off. It's untelling what he'll do. I've seen him play ultra conservative but on the other hand, I've seen him open it wide up. Who knows what he'll do? He has that in his favor IMO. Teams have to try to figure him out now. That's hard to do. Look forward to see what he does.
Bear_Paw Wrote:Dudley putting JV in was a class move, Putting the 1st team D in with the Game well in hand and HC backed up on it's 1 yard line....not so much.
Moving forward I hope Bell brings home a title to the mountains......What this team has accomplished in 4 years may never be duplicated in the mountains. Good Job...No, Great Job!

Found out that when Bell put in the JV O and you guys kept the varsity D in made this decision to put back in our varsity D when we didnt score.
Patriot Wrote:Two turncoat commodores came to Harlan to cheer on Bell against HC. Meaning they possibly drove right past Leslie Co. High School where pcc was playing! Talk about letting a game go that was three weeks ago. PATHETIC!

Actually we went through leatherwood but we knew Perry was gonna win that game, and we were hoping to see what we thought would be a decent game, boy were we wrong!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Found out that when Bell put in the JV O and you guys kept the varsity D in made this decision to put back in our varsity D when we didnt score.

I was going to mention that earlier but then I thought, ahh forget it. Does it even matter?
Knox Central is the second best team in the mountains in any class. Bell is number 1. I would like to see a Bell and Knox Central rematch.
hitemup Wrote:Knox Central is the second best team in the mountains in any class. Bell is number 1. I would like to see a Bell and Knox Central rematch.

Dont worry you will!!
Good win for the Bobcats!!!

The long drive stuff is ridiculous!!!! You take what the defense gives you and Harlan Co. gives you big plays when you execute.

Bell took the opening drive and moved the ball down the field, a very late flag for a hold put them in the hole or they would have scored on that drive. But it set them up with great field position. The block punt was a great call.

The final pass for the TD was a quick pass out in the flat. It is not our fault the 2 defenders could not tackle Cody Davenport! It would have been different if Bell would have thrown it deep. It was a quick pass for heavens sake!!!!!!!

What is wrong with the boys from PCC coming to watch the #1 team in the mountains????

Finally Good luck to the Black Bears the rest of the way!!! Love to see them bring the Bluebirds into Cawood field. Mueller and company would stroke out.
cityboy Wrote:Bottom line on this one is....Harlan is not in the same class as Bell!!!!

:Thumbs:
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Good win for the Bobcats!!!

The long drive stuff is ridiculous!!!! You take what the defense gives you and Harlan Co. gives you big plays when you execute.

Bell took the opening drive and moved the ball down the field, a very late flag for a hold put them in the hole or they would have scored on that drive. But it set them up with great field position. The block punt was a great call.

The final pass for the TD was a quick pass out in the flat. It is not our fault the 2 defenders could not tackle Cody Davenport! It would have been different if Bell would have thrown it deep. It was a quick pass for heavens sake!!!!!!!

What is wrong with the boys from PCC coming to watch the #1 team in the mountains????

Finally Good luck to the Black Bears the rest of the way!!! Love to see them bring the Bluebirds into Cawood field. Mueller and company would stroke out.

:Thumbs:..Nothing!
easyM Wrote:Some from there starve for attention. We're used to it by now. :Thumbs:
Enjoy the game last night? Never told me you shirt size......:biggrin:

Def. did..I sent you a message..lol
Aslan Wrote::Thumbs:

If hc is not in bc class aslan where does this put pcc ?:Thumbs:
Boo Boo bear Wrote:If hc is not in bc class aslan where does this put pcc ?:Thumbs:

Mod? This individual is posting off topic. Please remove him from this message board.
Patriot Wrote:I think the blocked punt set the tone!
Aslan I believe it was a Bell fan saying the game was closer then it seemed. I agree with that for two and half quarters.
One bothered me though with five minutes to go Bell throws a pass that turns into a TD because of bad HC defense, but throwing a pass with a 28-0 lead! HC would get crucified for that.

The pass was just like a run it wasn't but about a yard or 2 from the line of scrimmage just couldn't tackle him. HC can't throw so no one would crucify them.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next