•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 35 Harlan County 0
Good Job Bobcats. Where are all those HC fans now?
Again good win by Bell....but let's get a couple of things correct here...

Davenport carried the ball 17 times not 4, he did have 157 yds 4 touchdowns.
His long carries were 79, 26, 23, 9 = 137, the other 13 caries netted 20 yards.
The long touchdown was 79 yards, not 87 nor 67.
It wouldn't have mattered it would have went for 97 on that play.
Both teams had 12 first downs.
Rushing Yards BC 210, HC 170
Passing BC 102, HC 2 (2 jump passes accounted for most of this)
Fumbles - Lsst BC 1-1 HC 7-3.
I did observe HC offsides on several punts.
The game was 14 - 0 with less than 2 minutes to go in the 3rd.
I also observed an offensive pass interference, & BC offsides on a kickoff and down on the goal line that didnt get called.

Finallly, Once again Aslan has proven he does not have to be anywhere near a game to prove he has no idea what he is talkikng about...Nowhere in the previous thread did I predict an HC win.
One thing I don't understand that I keep hearing on here. Bell didn't have any long drives. Well it's sort of hard to when you have that many big plays for td. What should a kid do break loose for a td and then run out of bounds so they can sustain a long drive? When you put 8 in the box and you leave only your safety back you are gambling with giving up big plays like that. I don't necessarily blame HC for that sort of scheme though. Larkey knew he could not play straight up on defense and stop Bell's running game. But guys, stop with the long drive stuff. HC sold out for the run and it looks good until you give up the big play. In the end, I don't think it would have mattered the scheme Bell had to face. They won, give them the credit, and move on. Good Lord. 35-0 is just that, 35-0. And it could have been worse. Good luck to both teams as the playoffs begin. BTW, did anyone else notice Dudley running the fullback so much tonight? Please think why he did that. Congrats Bell. You did your job. And give this defense some love. It's one tough bunch. Brown and Hilton can flatout play the lb positions. But all positions played well. Give credit where credit is due....
Boyle County!!! Wooooo Confusedhh:
Wildcats11 Wrote:Boyle County!!! Wooooo Confusedhh:

What about Boyle Co?
BC — Cory Davenport 9 run (John Dudley Hilton kick)

BC — Cory Davenport 23 run (Hilton kick)

BC — Cory Davenport 26 run (Hilton kick)

BC — Cory Davenport 9 run (Hilton kick)

BC — Cody Davenport 26 pass from Ben Madon (Hilton kick)

Bell HC

First Downs 12 12

Total Yards 312 172

Rushes-Yards 31-210 50-170

Passing Yards 102 2

Comp-Att-Int 4-7-1 2-4-0

Punts-Avg. 1-49.1 4-32.0

Fumbles-Lost 1-1 7-3

Penalties-Yards 3-25 4-21

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING—Bell County, Cory Davenport 17-157, Hilton 3-19, Mills 4-18, Madon 4-10, Polly 1-3, Collett 2-3. Harlan County, Chitwood 12-73, Brewer 20-63, McMillian 9-28, Eldridge 4-12, Middleton 4-4, Hensley 1-(-10).

PASSING—Bell County, Madon 4-7-1-102. Harlan County, Brewer 2-4-0-2.

RECEIVING—Bell County, Hilton 1-35, Osolonian 1-32, Cody Davenport 1-26, Thacker 1-9. Harlan County, Middleton 1-3, Long 1-(-1).
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:What about Boyle Co?

Just a name of a school I like. :biggrin:
this score makes you think higher of soddy daisy and knox central
Wildcats11 Wrote:Just a name of a school I like. :biggrin:

Might want to remind them of a word in the game of football if you like them so much. Defense....:biggrin:
easyM Wrote:One thing I don't understand that I keep hearing on here. Bell didn't have any long drives. Well it's sort of hard to when you have that many big plays for td. What should a kid do break loose for a td and then run out of bounds so they can sustain a long drive? When you put 8 in the box and you leave only your safety back you are gambling with giving up big plays like that. I don't necessarily blame HC for that sort of scheme though. Larkey knew he could not play straight up on defense and stop Bell's running game. But guys, stop with the long drive stuff. HC sold out for the run and it looks good until you give up the big play. In the end, I don't think it would have mattered the scheme Bell had to face. They won, give them the credit, and move on. Good Lord. 35-0 is just that, 35-0. And it could have been worse. Good luck to both teams as the playoffs begin. BTW, did anyone else notice Dudley running the fullback so much tonight? Please think why he did that. Congrats Bell. You did your job. And give this defense some love. It's one tough bunch. Brown and Hilton can flatout play the lb positions. But all positions played well. Give credit where credit is due....

This D is great!!! Shutout Harlan Co, only gave up 1 TD against Knox Central, and the Varsity D didnt allow not 1 single TD against a GREAT Johnson Central team. :redboxer:
big blu 2 u Wrote:this score makes you think higher of soddy daisy and knox central

Not a stretch to say Knox Central is the #2 team in 4A.
Bell's first offensive series ended with a punt, then the Bears first series ended with a punt. Bell blocked that punt and recovered it deep in red zone, then punched in for td. Second offensive Bears, fumble near red zone, Bell Jump Pass to Dudley, he is tackled, then Davenport 20 ish run for td. After that, it was fumble Bears after driving and Bears holding Bell til late very late third qtr. THEN Bears debacle, Bell reels off three big TD's. The Bears missed opportunities to score on two occasions earlier and tie the game. Why didn't they score? BELL and the Bears didn't make the play when they needed it. Bell wins and thats that. But the Bears did have a chance til late third qtr. Bell has a chance to get the title, No Doubt. GO BLACK BEARS!!! BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME!!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:BC — Cory Davenport 9 run (John Dudley Hilton kick)

BC — Cory Davenport 23 run (Hilton kick)

BC — Cory Davenport 26 run (Hilton kick)

BC — Cory Davenport 9 run (Hilton kick)

BC — Cody Davenport 26 pass from Ben Madon (Hilton kick)

Bell HC

First Downs 12 12

Total Yards 312 172

Rushes-Yards 31-210 50-170

Passing Yards 102 2

Comp-Att-Int 4-7-1 2-4-0

Punts-Avg. 1-49.1 4-32.0

Fumbles-Lost 1-1 7-3

Penalties-Yards 3-25 4-21

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING—Bell County, Cory Davenport 17-157, Hilton 3-19, Mills 4-18, Madon 4-10, Polly 1-3, Collett 2-3. Harlan County, Chitwood 12-73, Brewer 20-63, McMillian 9-28, Eldridge 4-12, Middleton 4-4, Hensley 1-(-10).

PASSING—Bell County, Madon 4-7-1-102. Harlan County, Brewer 2-4-0-2.

RECEIVING—Bell County, Hilton 1-35, Osolonian 1-32, Cody Davenport 1-26, Thacker 1-9. Harlan County, Middleton 1-3, Long 1-(-1).

Bell Co outgained HC 312 to 172 in total offense...
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:This D is great!!! Shutout Harlan Co, only gave up 1 TD against Knox Central, and the Varsity D didnt allow not 1 single TD against a GREAT Johnson Central team. :redboxer:

Very sound. Reminds of the 08 defense. Don't know what else you can ask of your defense. I'll feel very comfortable with the game if it's left in the defense's hands. One great bunch! Scary thing is, better offensively. Speed, speed, speed.
Meant they're better offensively now than 08.
easyM Wrote:Not a stretch to say Knox Central is the #2 team in 4A.

I think they are TOP 3 in 4A.....
easyM Wrote:Might want to remind them of a word in the game of football if you like them so much. Defense....:biggrin:

I just reminded them of that word "defense" and they told me to remind you of a word called "scoreboard." Whatever they mean by that... :lmao:
easyM Wrote:Might want to remind them of a word in the game of football if you like them so much. Defense....:biggrin:

Yes, Boyle Co is giving up WAY to many points this season compared to last season. JC scored 29 on them with varsity playing the entire game for both teams.

Bell Co has given up only 78 pts in 10 games.

Boyle Co has given up 142 pts this year in 10 games. Boyle Co ONLY gave up 64 pts last year in 10 games. Thats more than double.
Wildcats11 Wrote:I just reminded them of that word "defense" and they told me to remind you of a word called "scoreboard." Whatever they mean by that... :lmao:

They meant they had to change the bulbs after last night since the board kept lighting up from all the points they gave up....
Congrats to Bell Co and good luck to both teams in the playoffs.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Yes, Boyle Co is giving up WAY to many points this season compared to last season. JC scored 29 on them with varsity playing the entire game for both teams.

Bell Co has given up only 78 pts in 10 games.

Boyle Co has given up 142 pts this year in 10 games. Boyle Co ONLY gave up 64 pts last year in 10 games. Thats more than double.

Let em learn the hard way...
Wildcats11 Wrote:I just reminded them of that word "defense" and they told me to remind you of a word called "scoreboard." Whatever they mean by that... :lmao:

Are you here to stir up trouble? Remind them this year they come to our HOUSE. Bell Co is ALOT better than last years team. :yikes:
easyM Wrote:They meant they had to change the bulbs after last night since the board kept lighting up from all the points they gave up....

Oh I got ya.. :1: Wink
Wildcats11 Wrote:Boyle County!!! Wooooo Confusedhh:

Lets keep this on topic..Congrats BELL!
king360 Wrote:Lets keep this on topic..Congrats BELL!

Some from there starve for attention. We're used to it by now. :Thumbs:
Enjoy the game last night? Never told me you shirt size......:biggrin:
cubs lose
this one wasn't as close as the score suggests
I think the blocked punt set the tone!
Aslan I believe it was a Bell fan saying the game was closer then it seemed. I agree with that for two and half quarters.
One bothered me though with five minutes to go Bell throws a pass that turns into a TD because of bad HC defense, but throwing a pass with a 28-0 lead! HC would get crucified for that.
zaga_fan Wrote:cubs lose
this one wasn't as close as the score suggests

Believe it or not, Bell played it close to the vest. That's not putting down the Bears at all. But, Dudley isn't showing his full arsenal in this game. He has some fish to fry later on.......
Did the search party find you last night?haha
Patriot Wrote:I think the blocked punt set the tone!
Aslan I believe it was a Bell fan saying the game was closer then it seemed. I agree with that for two and half quarters.
One bothered me though with five minutes to go Bell throws a pass that turns into a TD because of bad HC defense, but throwing a pass with a 28-0 lead! HC would get crucified for that.

Tell me you're not serious?
Do you remember when Bell had the ball first and goal with the jv in? Just stop while you can save face.
Two turncoat commodores came to Harlan to cheer on Bell against HC. Meaning they possibly drove right past Leslie Co. High School where pcc was playing! Talk about letting a game go that was three weeks ago. PATHETIC!
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next