Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adams / Lexington Catholic
Lol
CSB13 Wrote:I don't remember anybody whining last year about LC "all-stars" last year when we did not even make "our own State Tournement" that was played in our own backyard. We must not have recruited very well last year.

You did make the tournament. You got knocked out by Anderson Co in the 2nd round after having a bye. The last two years Lex Cath has had a 1st round bye. As far as enrollment numbers go I am sure that will be addressed in the offseason. People can say the schools want to keep the numbers private but as far as I know Lex Cath is the only one with unpublished numbers. All the other privates provide numbers that were listed publicly. Also the private Catholic high schools have no issue providing numbers. You know exactly the numbers of Trinity, St X and even Lex Cath.

It was originally stated Lex Cath would play as a D1. This came straight from the coaches mouth and at the beginning of the year they were listed as D1. No one has ever said if the enrollment numbers are from all the schools Lex Cath could pull from or just the enrollment numbers from the schools that have students playing on the team.
GO BLACKCATS!!! It doesn't matter how many kids are on the team, since any given team can only play with 11 at any given time. But it's a given that the city of Lexington has more football players than the city of Prestonsburg. Whether they play for a catholic school or a public school seems to be the argument here. Either way, both teams should be commended for their dedication and talent in making it to the final 4 in the state. I've known both high schools to be class acts in the past and i'm sure that hasn't changed for either side.
Red and Black Wrote:GO BLACKCATS!!! It doesn't matter how many kids are on the team, since any given team can only play with 11 at any given time. But it's a given that the city of Lexington has more football players than the city of Prestonsburg. Whether they play for a catholic school or a public school seems to be the argument here. Either way, both teams should be commended for their dedication and talent in making it to the final 4 in the state. I've known both high schools to be class acts in the past and i'm sure that hasn't changed for either side.

well said
very will said
barrel Wrote:You did make the tournament. You got knocked out by Anderson Co in the 2nd round after having a bye. The last two years Lex Cath has had a 1st round bye. As far as enrollment numbers go I am sure that will be addressed in the offseason. People can say the schools want to keep the numbers private but as far as I know Lex Cath is the only one with unpublished numbers. All the other privates provide numbers that were listed publicly. Also the private Catholic high schools have no issue providing numbers. You know exactly the numbers of Trinity, St X and even Lex Cath.

It was originally stated Lex Cath would play as a D1. This came straight from the coaches mouth and at the beginning of the year they were listed as D1. No one has ever said if the enrollment numbers are from all the schools Lex Cath could pull from or just the enrollment numbers from the schools that have students playing on the team.

Highschools are a different thing. In highschool if the sschool doesn't release their numbers they dont get to play. Middle schools arent worried about kids playing football. I have no idea why they think it matters if they should release their enrollment to the public. Does LCA release their numbers? Trinty and St X both are high schools so they are required to release their numbers. Now Barrel I know you are smart enough to see the difference between Trinity and our middle school program. Apples and oranges. It doesnt matter anyway. Corbin was the best team last year as 7th graders and it sure looks like they are still the best team in any division in the state of KY. I think we have the talent to play with them but im not saying that we are favored either.
Wow!!!!
As a matter of fact yes LCA along with all pretty much all of the other privates released their numbers I believe. Those teams had their numbers on the divisional breakdown sheet that was sent out.
barrel Wrote:As a matter of fact yes LCA along with all pretty much all of the other privates released their numbers I believe. Those teams had their numbers on the divisional breakdown sheet that was sent out.

I guess LCA is worried about their kids playing sports, or it could be the fact that LCA is K-12 school. As I said before, Trinity and St X and Lexington Catholic are highschool so therefore they are required to release their numbers to play in the KHSAA. The thing is ,and I've said this all along, oour entire staff ( except for 1) wanted to go D1. Next year this issue is easily put to bed by placing Lex Cath in D1 to begin with. The reason I mentioned Corbin was that IMO we are still playing the best team in the state of KY in the finals requardless of division.
Is some of Lexington Catholic feeder schools out side of lexington? Can they play on this one combined middle school for LC?
Blues Wrote:Yep. Every single players are all- star caliber. They have played in numerous high school, NCAA and even the NFL level. So watch out middle schoolers. Here comes the all star team from Catholic. NO you knuckle head, THEY ARE NOT ALL STAR !!!! They are a bunch of middle schooler age kids that come from VERY small catholic school through out Lexington and surrounding area. And those school feeds into the high school. They may have 3-5 players from different catholic schools and form a team that represent catholic middle.......reason for that is because one catholic school would ONLY have up to twenty 8th graders, half are boys. Hope this help for the simple minded one's out there. Now time for a nap...:zzz:

catholic middle schools in lexington
Seton catholic School 144 6-8th grade
Christ the King School 144 6-8th grade
St. Peter & Paul School 115 6-8th grade
Mary Queen of the Holy 176 6-8th grade

Total for Lexington only 579 6-8th grade

With addition of surrounding areas
Holy family 41 6-8th grade
Saint Agatha 47 6-8th grade
Saint John 61 6-8th grade
Saint Leo 40 6-8th grade.

Total for Lexington and surrounding areas that was stated above
6th-8th grade 768

Adams middle school 6th-8th grade grand total of 250 kids.

It's time for the simple minded to wake up from a nap.
The thing is Lex Cath WAS listed as D1 until the playoffs. I might have to double check but Owensborrow Catholic listed their enrollment. It was not just LCA. That comparision to the KHSAA to me is not that off. You want to play in the KMSFA state playoffs than give up the numbers used. If you don't want to fine. You can still play MS football games but no state playoffs. I think that is completely fair.

On a little different note I think if a player repeats a grade in MS he should not be allowed to play in the playoffs. He can play all year and whatever else but no state playoff games for him
Benchwarmer Wrote:catholic middle schools in lexington
Seton catholic School 144 6-8th grade
Christ the King School 144 6-8th grade
St. Peter & Paul School 115 6-8th grade
Mary Queen of the Holy 176 6-8th grade

Total for Lexington only 579 6-8th grade

With addition of surrounding areas
Holy family 41 6-8th grade
Saint Agatha 47 6-8th grade
Saint John 61 6-8th grade
Saint Leo 40 6-8th grade.

Total for Lexington and surrounding areas that was stated above
6th-8th grade 768

Adams middle school 6th-8th grade grand total of 250 kids.

It's time for the simple minded to wake up from a nap.

Hey if you want numbers I can put up numbers.
Saint Leo 22 7th-8th
Mary Queen 48 7th-8th
Seton 41 7th-8th
St. Peter and Paul 34 7th-8th
Christ the king 44 7th- 8th

I guess you can use any numbers you want to or as many Catholic schools in the state of ky but thats not who we have our players based from. It still doesn't matter because the enrollment from the schools that our players go to have been in the possession of the KMSFA for the last 2 months. If they had not been below the D2 cutoff then we would of been D1.
barrel Wrote:The thing is Lex Cath WAS listed as D1 until the playoffs. I might have to double check but Owensborrow Catholic listed their enrollment. It was not just LCA. That comparision to the KHSAA to me is not that off. You want to play in the KMSFA state playoffs than give up the numbers used. If you don't want to fine. You can still play MS football games but no state playoffs. I think that is completely fair.

On a little different note I think if a player repeats a grade in MS he should not be allowed to play in the playoffs. He can play all year and whatever else but no state playoff games for him

What if a player had repeated the 4th or 5th grade?
Here you go knighted.

Christ the King Elementary School
District No. 165 School No. 530 Grades PS-08
Est. Teachers 32 Est. Enrollment 485
Karen Thomas, Principal
412 Cochran Rd., Lexington 40502

Holy Family Elementary School
District No. 012 School No. 410 Grades PS-08
Est. Teachers 13 Est. Enrollment 137
Mary Chandler, Principal
932 Winchester Ave., Ashland 41101

Mary Queen of the Holy Rosary Elementary School
District No. 165 School No. 610 Grades PS-08
Est. Teachers 37 Est. Enrollment 449
Becky Brown, Principal
605 Hill 'n Dale, Lexington 40503

Saint Agatha Academy
District No. 121 School No. 410 Grades PS-08
Est. Teachers 15 Est. Enrollment 157
John Pica, Principal
244 S. Main, Winchester 40391

Saint John Elementary School
District No. 525 School No. 300 Grades PS-08
Est. Teachers 16 Est. Enrollment 202
Rebecca Elswerky, Principal
106 Military St., Georgetown 40324

Saint Leo Elementary School
District No. 601 School No. 490 Grades PS-08
Est. Teachers 15 Est. Enrollment 133
George Pressey, Principal
239 N. Main St., Versailles 40383

Saint Mary Elementary School
District No. 478 School No. 410 Grades PS-08
Est. Teachers 9 Est. Enrollment 108
Richard Martinez, Principal
1121 Main St., Paris 40361

Saints Peter and Paul School
District No. 165 School No. 564 Grades PS-08
Est. Teachers 36 Est. Enrollment 372
Julie Wright, Principal
423 W. Short St., Lexington 40507

Seton Catholic School
District No. 165 School No. 047 Grades PS-08
Est. Teachers 30 Est. Enrollment 475
Lee Coomer, Principal
1740 Summerhill Dr., Lexington 40515
So do you happen to know the 7th and 8th grade enrollments? and I'm still not sure how the KMSFA dictates how they count schools. Is it from every school in the the tri-state area or do they just count the schools that have players on Lex CAth's team. Come on now BenchWarmer, you are the numbers man so let it out.