Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swapping the Semi brackets now?
Seems like a lot of changes have happened this year. Some before, some during, and even some my still to come.
There are still some bugs to work out when scheduling the tournament and I am sure they are trying hard to fix them. Just need to make sure not to change things mid-stream, all changes should be done prior to the tourny so not to cause confusion or people making accusations about setting things up in favor of certain schools.
1 should play 4 and 2 should play 3. That is how brackets are set up in high school and college sport tournaments. The bracket change should have been made. You have the higher seeded teams going against each other in the semi-finals. This guarantees the finals to a lower seeded team. Unfair!!!
Hitters_Count Wrote:There are still some bugs to work out when scheduling the tournament and I am sure they are trying hard to fix them. Just need to make sure not to change things mid-stream, all changes should be done prior to the tourny so not to cause confusion or people making accusations about setting things up in favor of certain schools.

I TOTALLY AGREE 100%.....I WAS JUST INFORMED OF A CERTAIN TEAM IN D2 BEING NAMED THE OVERALL #1 SEED AND THEY ARE HOSTING THE TOURNAMENT (FIGURE THAT ONE OUT). HOW CONVENIENT IS THAT......THINGS LIKE THIS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED WELL BEFORE TOURNAMENT TIME. IT DOES CAUSE PEOPLE TO THINK SOMETHING IS GOING ON. IF THAT IS THE CASE I WOULD CHALLENGE THE "BOARD" AS THEY PUT IT TO EXPLAIN HOW EACH SEED IS DETERMINED FOR EACH BRACKET AFTER THE REGIONAL FINALS ARE COMPLETE. YOU CAN'T USE ONE SYSTEM FOR THE REGIONAL PLAY AND THEN DECIDE TO USE ANOTHER ONE FOR FINALS PLAY SO IT FITS YOUR NEEDS OR A CERTAIN TEAM. THIS IS JUST WRONG AND IT IS UNFAIR.....I HAVE RAN SEVERAL TOURNAMENTS AND SOME OF THEM ON A LARGE SCALE. YOU JUST DON'T CHANGE THE RULES AFTER THE FACT AND THEN EXPECT PEOPLE TO SIT BACK AND NOT VOICE CONCERNS OR SOME GET MAD. PLAY THE TOURNAMENT AS IT IS LAID OUT AND LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY. YOU CAN'T USE TIME OR TRAVEL EXCUSES NOW BECAUSE ALL THE GAMES ARE BEING PLAYED AT ONE VENUE.....DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK THIS WILL CAUSE TEAMS TO WANT TO GET IN THE PLAYOFF SYSTEM IN THE FUTURE? HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO GROW YOUR TOURNAMENT IF YOU ARE CONSTANTLY CHANGING THE RULES IN MID-STREAM. I'LL STEP DOWN OFF MY SOAP BOX NOW AND LET OTHERS CHIME IF THEY SEE FIT.:HitWall:
OldBobcat Wrote:I TOTALLY AGREE 100%.....I WAS JUST INFORMED OF A CERTAIN TEAM IN D2 BEING NAMED THE OVERALL #1 SEED AND THEY ARE HOSTING THE TOURNAMENT (FIGURE THAT ONE OUT). HOW CONVENIENT IS THAT......THINGS LIKE THIS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED WELL BEFORE TOURNAMENT TIME. IT DOES CAUSE PEOPLE TO THINK SOMETHING IS GOING ON. IF THAT IS THE CASE I WOULD CHALLENGE THE "BOARD" AS THEY PUT IT TO EXPLAIN HOW EACH SEED IS DETERMINED FOR EACH BRACKET AFTER THE REGIONAL FINALS ARE COMPLETE. YOU CAN'T USE ONE SYSTEM FOR THE REGIONAL PLAY AND THEN DECIDE TO USE ANOTHER ONE FOR FINALS PLAY SO IT FITS YOUR NEEDS OR A CERTAIN TEAM. THIS IS JUST WRONG AND IT IS UNFAIR.....I HAVE RAN SEVERAL TOURNAMENTS AND SOME OF THEM ON A LARGE SCALE. YOU JUST DON'T CHANGE THE RULES AFTER THE FACT AND THEN EXPECT PEOPLE TO SIT BACK AND NOT VOICE CONCERNS OR SOME GET MAD. PLAY THE TOURNAMENT AS IT IS LAID OUT AND LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY. YOU CAN'T USE TIME OR TRAVEL EXCUSES NOW BECAUSE ALL THE GAMES ARE BEING PLAYED AT ONE VENUE.....DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK THIS WILL CAUSE TEAMS TO WANT TO GET IN THE PLAYOFF SYSTEM IN THE FUTURE? HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO GROW YOUR TOURNAMENT IF YOU ARE CONSTANTLY CHANGING THE RULES IN MID-STREAM. I'LL STEP DOWN OFF MY SOAP BOX NOW AND LET OTHERS CHIME IF THEY SEE FIT.:HitWall:
Grow up and get over it. There is no grand scheme. The host team did not even play in the finals last year. This year they were able to play their way into the finals. The host site was selected before the season began. They played the last game away even though they were suppose to be the home team, just to make things fair. I am tired of this whinning about home field advantage. The best teams win home or away.
OldBobcat Wrote:I TOTALLY AGREE 100%.....I WAS JUST INFORMED OF A CERTAIN TEAM IN D2 BEING NAMED THE OVERALL #1 SEED AND THEY ARE HOSTING THE TOURNAMENT (FIGURE THAT ONE OUT). HOW CONVENIENT IS THAT......THINGS LIKE THIS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED WELL BEFORE TOURNAMENT TIME. IT DOES CAUSE PEOPLE TO THINK SOMETHING IS GOING ON. IF THAT IS THE CASE I WOULD CHALLENGE THE "BOARD" AS THEY PUT IT TO EXPLAIN HOW EACH SEED IS DETERMINED FOR EACH BRACKET AFTER THE REGIONAL FINALS ARE COMPLETE. YOU CAN'T USE ONE SYSTEM FOR THE REGIONAL PLAY AND THEN DECIDE TO USE ANOTHER ONE FOR FINALS PLAY SO IT FITS YOUR NEEDS OR A CERTAIN TEAM. THIS IS JUST WRONG AND IT IS UNFAIR.....I HAVE RAN SEVERAL TOURNAMENTS AND SOME OF THEM ON A LARGE SCALE. YOU JUST DON'T CHANGE THE RULES AFTER THE FACT AND THEN EXPECT PEOPLE TO SIT BACK AND NOT VOICE CONCERNS OR SOME GET MAD. PLAY THE TOURNAMENT AS IT IS LAID OUT AND LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY. YOU CAN'T USE TIME OR TRAVEL EXCUSES NOW BECAUSE ALL THE GAMES ARE BEING PLAYED AT ONE VENUE.....DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK THIS WILL CAUSE TEAMS TO WANT TO GET IN THE PLAYOFF SYSTEM IN THE FUTURE? HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO GROW YOUR TOURNAMENT IF YOU ARE CONSTANTLY CHANGING THE RULES IN MID-STREAM. I'LL STEP DOWN OFF MY SOAP BOX NOW AND LET OTHERS CHIME IF THEY SEE FIT.:HitWall:

YOU GOT YOUR FACTS WRONG. tO BEGIN WITH IF ANY TEAM WERE GOING TO BE SEED #1 IT WOULD OF BEEN CORBIN. THING IS ,THEY ARE NOT SEEDING ANYTHING. THAT WAS PURE SPECULATION. THE REASON THEY ANOUNCED ON SATURDAY THAT THE BRACKETS WERE WRONG WAS BECAUSE EVERY YEAR SINCE THE BEGINNIG THEY ROTATE THE REGIONS IN THE SEMI'S. 2 YEARS AGO REGION 3 PLAYED REGION 2. LAST YEAR REGION 3 PLAYED REGION 4. GUESS WHAT REGION 3 WAS SUPPPOSED TO PLAY THIS YEAR, YOU GOT IT ......REGION 2. BUT...........COACH MANN (WHO IS DOING A THANKLESS JOB VOLUNTEERING TO DO THE CHAMPIONSHIPS EVERY YEAR BECAUSE HE HAS NO DOG IN THIS RACE) FORGOT TO FLOP THE REGIONS BEFORE THEY WERE RELEASED AND AFTER ALL THE CRAP LIKE YOU JUST POSTED HE DECIDED TO LEAAVE IT AS IT IS THIS YEAR SO NO FOOL WOULD ACCUSE HIM OF TRYING TO HELP ANY 1 TEAM. HONEST MISTAKE BUT IN THE END HE KEPT IT AS IT WAS ORIGINALLY RELEASED. MAYBE NEXT YEAR THEY CAN HAVE THIS TOURNEY IN PADUCAH OR BELL CO AND THEN LETS SEE HOW MANY TEAMS WILL TRAVEL THE LENGTH OF THE STATE TO PLAY. I ASSURE YOU IT WILL BE LESSW THAN WHAT IS PLAYING THIS YEAR. HECK, MOVE IT TO LOUISVILLE, THEN MAYBE YOU GUYS WILL QUIT THINKING LEXINGTON CATHOLIC OF CHEATING INSTEAD OF THANKING US FOR HOSTING IT. YOU CAN'T FATHOM HOW MUCH WORK AND PLANNING GOES INTO MAIKING THIS AN ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE FOR THE KIDS, COACHES AND PARENTS. NOW what so you have to say.......wow I guess I lot my voice from all this yelling.:please: P.S the board has nothing to do with the bracket. That would be a conflict of interest since most members are affiliated with other teams. You need to pull your foot out of your mouth OldBobcat
I was at the State championship last year for the entire weekend, if you think Lex Cath got home field advantage becasue of playing this year you are wrong. Lex Cath hosted the entire event last year and I watched the KYMSFA members be there after a home game on Friday night, clean the entire stadium, take down and put up everythig inthe world for this weekend. I saw parents, grandparents and wives and mothers of kids from all grades at Lex cath, the school board members, the kids who did not play football and the entire LEX CATH HS team working this event!!!!!! If you have never been you have no idea what you are going to see. Do youknow how many hours a day these people volunteer there,, well I will tell you this. I saw Greg Mitchell there at 11:30 pm and watched as he prepared the field, left around 3am and was back at 6am to get everything opened for the first day. Stayed unitl 11pm the Saturday night, taking care of everything from sweeping to emptying garbage cans.

Do not wish you could host it becasue no matter how well you did these people have it down.... THEY NEED MORE HELP... Chains, gates, concessions you name it....

I vote to keep it here as long as we can, central location and people who know what they are doing......

Get OFF THEIR BACKS...
Again.....knighted, man of god, and grandad missed the entire point of the response. The point was when things like this gets started then it causes people to wonder and second guess motives and all kinds of other stuff. Again.....i wasn't knocking lex cath or any other school. My point was overall what things looked like. I don't have a child playing in middle school anymore but i do have an interest in seeing young athletes from our state representing their schools and teams beyond this level. I have read and read all these threads about switching brackets, travel, and other things that people don't understand.....anytime you run a tournament of any magnitude you can never please everyone all the time....simply impossible. If you read anything past the first few lines then you would have seen that if something is set when you begin then everyone plays by the same rules and you don't have parents or other coaches wasting their time trying to determine what is happening. Maybe you need to read all the words first and try to understand what is actually being said.
OldBobcat Wrote:Again.....knighted, man of god, and grandad missed the entire point of the response. The point was when things like this gets started then it causes people to wonder and second guess motives and all kinds of other stuff. Again.....i wasn't knocking lex cath or any other school. My point was overall what things looked like. I don't have a child playing in middle school anymore but i do have an interest in seeing young athletes from our state representing their schools and teams beyond this level. I have read and read all these threads about switching brackets, travel, and other things that people don't understand.....anytime you run a tournament of any magnitude you can never please everyone all the time....simply impossible. If you read anything past the first few lines then you would have seen that if something is set when you begin then everyone plays by the same rules and you don't have parents or other coaches wasting their time trying to determine what is happening. Maybe you need to read all the words first and try to understand what is actually being said.

I apologize for yelling back at you Bobcat. What I should of said is that they are not going to switch anything. I started this thread and I was wrong to do so. The seeding idea was me trying to figure out why region 3 was playing region 1 when the brackets clearly showed region 3 playing region 4. Thing is I forgot also that they rotate the brackets every year so Coach Mann was correct in telling the coaches that region 1 vs 3 and 2 vs 4 but since he had forgotten to rotate them before the bracket were released it started an uproar (myself included) so he did the right thing and kept everything the same. I thought Coach Mann was too hard on Lex CAth by making us go to Henry Co., which BTW is as good as anybody in the tournament, and this meant that Lex Cath has been on the road in the regional final 3 years out of 3. If anything I think Lex Cath gets the short end so other teams don't think we are hosting "OUR" own tournament. This is not OUR state tourney. The KMSFA simply has chosen our school to have it there. It is every schools tournament .
no apologies necessary.........I understand the frustration. Like I've said before, anytime you run tournaments of this magnitude it is impossible to make everyone happy, no point in even trying because the harder you try it seems to backfire on you somewhere. I have ran events like this and you do the best you can and hope to grow each and every year. I may have jumped to conclusions based on what I was reading too early. But I can share in the amount of work that goes in to something like this especially the behind the scenes work for concessions, clean up, phone calls for arrangements on everything under the sun. More coaches and representatives need to get involved with the directors so everybody understands the dilemma that you guys face with this and the coaches have the responsibility to report to the parents what is really happening. Good luck to all teams in the finals this year and may it be ran without anymore issues.
All we really need to know is what time does Williamsburg play sat. ha ha
OldBobCat,, I did read the post and I too am affected by the changes, trying to make bus arrangements with the school with the kids and not knowing at times about changes being made... I UNDERSTAND the fustration.. My post was only to make a statement and was free thinking. Not piggybacking off your total post.
I do agree, this tournament should be set in stone at the beginning of the year and I TOO volunteer to help. I would like to be the Region 4 rep and help with the tourney and playoffs for the area.
I am willing to help too...
ManofGOD Wrote:I was at the State championship last year for the entire weekend, if you think Lex Cath got home field advantage becasue of playing this year you are wrong. Lex Cath hosted the entire event last year and I watched the KYMSFA members be there after a home game on Friday night, clean the entire stadium, take down and put up everythig inthe world for this weekend. I saw parents, grandparents and wives and mothers of kids from all grades at Lex cath, the school board members, the kids who did not play football and the entire LEX CATH HS team working this event!!!!!! If you have never been you have no idea what you are going to see. Do youknow how many hours a day these people volunteer there,, well I will tell you this. I saw Greg Mitchell there at 11:30 pm and watched as he prepared the field, left around 3am and was back at 6am to get everything opened for the first day. Stayed unitl 11pm the Saturday night, taking care of everything from sweeping to emptying garbage cans.

Do not wish you could host it becasue no matter how well you did these people have it down.... THEY NEED MORE HELP... Chains, gates, concessions you name it....

I vote to keep it here as long as we can, central location and people who know what they are doing......

Get OFF THEIR BACKS...
ManofGod I 2 am a man of God and I agree with you completely. WE, Corbin, have participated in all 3 state finals at Lex Cath and have been quite inpressed with the job(obviously thankless) that they have done wilh EVERYTHING involved in putting on a special event like this is and will continue to be as it grows. You will never hear any of us complain. As the luck of the draw has it, if we win Saturday we could be matched up with Lex Cath. So be it. To be a true champion you gotta beat 'em all so let the fun begin
I am not worried about it being at another team's field. They may not even make it to the game on Sunday anyway.