Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do The Bengals Draft Another QB?
I hate to even start this thread--but there is some logic.

With Carson Palmer in a bad physical situation, do the Bengals go after a solid QB in the draft? I think that Carson can come back--but this situation is a lot worse than first believed.

What do you think?
I say trade for a experienced backup.
I they they should try, or trade for one. I heard today that Palmer could be out for the rest of his career with a torn ACL, shredded MCL, and dislocated knee cap.
Yea, they should. If Palmer doesn't come back and they don't they will be in trouble
I think they should keep Kitna. If they have to let Kitna go, bring in another seasoned veteran.
i hope he bounces back!@
Palmer WILL be back. He might not be ready for the first game, but again he might.

I would sign Kitna for insurance for the start of the year. I would also use a lower draft pick for a QB. A lot of good QB's go lower in the draft.
i hope palmer can recover but if he cant go with about a 5-7th round draft pick
Palmer's doctor quells fears about QB's surgeryESPN.com news services

While Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer's knee injury was deemed severe, the initial reports of possible long-term effects were overstated, Palmer's surgeon, Dr. Lonnie Paulos, said in a statement released by the team Thursday.

AP/Tom Uhlman
Palmer was hit at the knee shortly after planting to throw.
"I believe and regret that media reports based on interviews with me have misinterpreted my view of Carson Palmer's knee injury. Though the injury was serious, the essential fact remains that his ACL and MCL have been repaired.

"I would consider this a typical ACL-MCL football injury. Comments attributed to me that the knee injury was 'devastating and potentially career ending' were meant to describe such injuries in general. I was accurately quoted by The Associated Press that my bottom line is optimism regarding Carson's prognosis. With a successful rehabilitation program, he has an excellent chance of being medically cleared for play at the start of the 2006 regular season."

Paulos, in the AP interview Thursday, said the damage was more severe and extensive.

"It's not just like it was a torn ACL," Paulos told the AP. "It's a magnitude more difficult to recover from and repair. It can and has ended careers, without a doubt."

Paulos, however, assures Bengals fans that Palmer will be ready for next season.

"He did great," Paulos told The Cincinnati Enquirer. "He's already rehabbing. He's a great athlete. He's a stud. He'll be back in a few months."
Either that or trade Kitna for an experienced QB
"-STAT-" Wrote:Either that or trade Kitna for an experienced QB

do u realize what u just said?
I posted this in the other thread but the Bengals are apparently looking at Jamie MArtin from St. Louis or Matt Schaub from Atlants to come in if Kitna does not resign.

I like Schaub he is a good tough nosed kid.
They defently dont draft another QB Palmer will be back and having to find another QB will set the Bengals back another 4 or 5 yrs.
I would let kitna go and sign a solid QB in the off season
Perfect opportunity for Tim Coach Smile
"torQQue" Wrote:Perfect opportunity for Tim Coach Smile

I have not been very supportive of Couch coming back, but this may be a time to fill a void. I like most Bengal fans hope for the return of Palmer, but his return will only be known with time.

:giveup:
I hope he comes back cause he would be the best QB in the league soon..... But I think they will stay with kitna if he can't.
i hope they dont palmer is awsome
I think that you have to take a chance that Palmer returns. Try to resign Kitna. If not, resign Bramlet as third string. I think that the Bengals she adopt the super bowl or bust theory. All or nothing.
I do not believe they need to draft another quarterback but they do need to look at getting a more solid backup. Palmer will be back but how strong.
idk they will need one come next season
I think they need to try to re-sign Kitna, but depending on Palmer's success in rehab, they should try to draft the best qb available in the middle rounds.
I say that Palmer will 'eventually' get better but they need a good back up for now.
Did you guys see the performance of John Kitna Vs. the Steelers? They don't need a back-up QB!
He'll be ok, sometimes it does end careers, but it was a clean tear, so that helps. Palmer's got the arm, mind, knowledge, spirit, and leadership to be a QB, and even if he's not back to 100%, he'll still be good because of his arm and all of those qualities.
they didn't get where they was without him
I think you resign kitna and hope for the best with palmer casue lets face it palmer is what holds that team together,without him there just another 8-8 team.....
Yeah really