Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Region Winners go to AppleBee's
I know this is old news. But, no one ever mentioned if they liked the new format this past season with ALL Region winners going to AppleBee's.

Just trying to get the pros and cons for this season if our team goes or if I get the chance to go even if we don't make it.

So let's hear it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I like it, a nice reward for winning your region. But depending on how they schedule the games, you better be DEEP in pitching!
They consider the thursday games to be on wednesday so a kid could come back and pitch the semi's on friday if his inning count was low enough. I like it a lot. It's a tremendous award for winning your region, and gives kids a chance to play on the big stage that would have never gotten that chance.
I wish they would have had this when I was playing. We won the region my senior year and had to play in the 4 team Sectionals to. Would have loved to had the chance to play at a place like this.
I kinda figured it would stretch a teams pitching. But, to me a team shouldn't be considered good just because of ONE pitcher. This can really show who does have better teams by making them go deeper in their rotations. To me that shows a complete team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I was against it prior to last season, but hey it worked out for us. There was not a better feeling in the world than being there.

I will stand by my thoughts that the better quality of baseball would be the Regional-Sectional-State format.

But for fan entertainment, More games, longer tournament, etc... It was definitely fun.

It can be very expensive for schools though, they may want to look into condensing the tournament and if a team is at a disadvantage due to a draw then so be it. Basketball goes Wed-Sat. (Lol Softball is INSANE 30 games in 2 days) Baseball added 2 more and went Mon-Sat. Wed-Sat would work just fine. But that is the traditional in me talking.

The Mon-Sat format was great to have an open day to relax, take BP, and watch some other games. But once again, is very expensive.

Overall, If you want a better quality tournament, switch back. If you want a better quantity and longer tournament with more time to just chill, keep it. I could live with either one.
Basketball is in a controlled climate. If you set the baseball up Wednesday-Saturday and got rain you would be destroyed. The current set up gives you some flexibility if there is weather problems. I understand that softball is outside also, but you can play a softball game in half the time you can a baseball game, and they have multiple fields.