Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Basketball - Big Blue Madness Thread
Who was lucky enough to see this intense actions live? I was one of the few on here!!??!?! All guys looked great, Knight wasn;t even trying in the scrimage it seemed like.. Miller is going to be dangerous, just like he waS in the scrimage!!!!!!!!!

To name off a few cool things that happened..

J. Hood, between the legs dunk...
Miller, 3 3 3 3 3 3
Harrelson, dunks hard, better ball handling.
Doron Lamb, scoring at will..
Eloy Vargas, Another Demarcus Cousins, only he can shoot outside..
Terrence Jones, Hard dunker, can shoot..
Polson, Mad ball handling skills, can get to the rim in a hurry if you give him space..
Liggins, quiet most of the night, expect him to blow up in the season...
Stacey Poole, Great charisma, can shoot and loves to throw it down..
Enes Kanter, Came out to the Undertakers theme.. The crowd went nuts when they heard the music..

Big Blue Madness for me was a totally life changing experience.. I haven't been to many UK games, but I have the ut-most confidence in this years team.. Cal says not to compare them to last years team.. Well I want too, they will be that and better come conference game time..
I was there, It was a Hood Show. Jon Hood went off lol...and Yes Kanters entrance was the best of all time! Free ENES!
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE0LG-yLgrY"]YouTube - Big Blue Maddness 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Enes Kanter makes his entrance as The Undertaker![/nomedia]
All entrances..

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Px7IO7CFU&NR=1&feature=fvwp"]YouTube - Player Intros at BBM 2010[/nomedia]
Good to see my future professional wrestler Kanter there in his Cowboy hat!
^ I hope he doesn't go to the WWE right after he leaves UK..
I'd much rather see him play professional ball.. Would be a total waste of talent.
I sold all 4 of my tickets for 225 bucks. Easiest money I've ever made. And will do it again next year. Big Blue Madness is boring as heck.
^ What kind of seats were they?
Ive went the last two years and had a great time both times. I love BBM, going down and camping for 3 days straight, I dont think I like it that much but I plan on trying to get them again next year to see another great recruiting class for the 3rd straight year.
^me 2! we should go camp tho, that'd be fun.

FYI: I seen MVP2 at BBM wearing a UofL hat.. Couldn't miss him.. It was a sea of blue, and then a big red head sticking out like a sore thumb.
BBM was great, as always it is simply a fantastic way (a little over the top) to get the fans crazy and hyped about the season. Loved every minute, from studying in line and getting on TV to standing in front of the E-zone and seeing Kanter walk down the aisle. I am so excited about this year..... FREE ENES!!!!!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ballers Wrote:^me 2! we should go camp tho, that'd be fun.

FYI: I seen MVP2 at BBM wearing a UofL hat.. Couldn't miss him.. It was a sea of blue, and then a big red head sticking out like a sore thumb.

LOL, :dontthink Come on Ballers, you know better than that.
BCF4L Wrote:I sold all 4 of my tickets for 225 bucks. Easiest money I've ever made. And will do it again next year. Big Blue Madness is boring as heck.

Boring? Are you crazy?!?! When's the last time you went? It's better than any game I've been to besides a few Florida and Tennessee games.
Can't Wait for basketball season!
Hood was one Cat that stood out to me. Seemed stronger and more explosive ! and the size and speed of this squad !!!! Can not wait to see how this team does this year
MVP2 Wrote:I was there, It was a Hood Show. Jon Hood went off lol...and Yes Kanters entrance was the best of all time! Free ENES!

His entrance was pretty cool but, Matthew Mitchell had the best entrance. I hate that dance, but I was just never expecting something like that from him. As soon as I saw him dancing, the thought that Cal would never be caught dead doing that just made me laugh.

I'm looking forward to the boys season, but I'm also looking forward to the girls season.
MVP2 Wrote:Ive went the last two years and had a great time both times. I love BBM, going down and camping for 3 days straight, I dont think I like it that much but I plan on trying to get them again next year to see another great recruiting class for the 3rd straight year.

I have been the last 3 years and it is a great experience....I plan on going again next year as well
WALL2WALL Wrote:His entrance was pretty cool but, Matthew Mitchell had the best entrance. I hate that dance, but I was just never expecting something like that from him. As soon as I saw him dancing, the thought that Cal would never be caught dead doing that just made me laugh.

I'm looking forward to the boys season, but I'm also looking forward to the girls season.

LOL, I agree that was cool, See Matt doing the "Dougie" that was pretty funny. Im also excited to see this basketball season both guys and women. We as the big blue nation should feel lucky to have a guy like Matt Mitchell at UK. I hope for another big season for both teams.
MVP2 Wrote:LOL, I agree that was cool, See Matt doing the "Dougie" that was pretty funny. Im also excited to see this basketball season both guys and women. We as the big blue nation should feel lucky to have a guy like Matt Mitchell at UK. I hope for another big season for both teams.

I don't think there is a question to whether both the Men's and Women's teams will do great.
vundy33 Wrote:Boring? Are you crazy?!?! When's the last time you went? It's better than any game I've been to besides a few Florida and Tennessee games.
Last year, the beginning of the Calipari era. All you do is see introductions and a scrimmage. You see the men's team for 45 minutes to an hour and the rest of the time is spent watching cheerleaders, dance teams, and women's basketball. It sucks. I had a person go for the first time this year and they told me I was smart for making money off of the tickets because they thought it sucked also and would never go back. It's just not what I go to watch. I go to see some basketball and you see very little of that.

For the person asking where the seats were, the first set was section 13 (basically mid-court) Row O. The 2nd set were endzone seats, but only 8 rows from the court.
Well next year if you get better seats then I get I call dibs on the best seats you have!
I enjoyed BBM, it was the first I have ever been too.. I was so pumped while sitting in the nose bleeds.. It was a great experience and I advise any true blue fan to attend one before they pass.