Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Clay County
20.00%
Harlan County
80.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County @ Harlan County 10/22
Clay and Harlan Co. for the district, Harlan coming off a huge win over PCC and Clay with a W over LCC. Who wins and Why?

I'll take HC in a close one.

HC-35
Clay-28
Very low scoring game IMO.

Tough as Nails game.

Throw out opponents scores against each other.

Clay County will be the best team by far Harlan County has seen since Pulaski County and they are much, much bigger than Pulaski and just as fast.

CC has one of the fastest RB's in the mountains and probably state.
One of the tallest and most athletic WR's.
A stud MLB that has been starting since 7th grade it seems.

HC will find a way to overcome though:popcorn:
A few weeks ago I would have predicted Clay but now I believe the Black Bears are going to clinch the district outright. Clay will not be Harlan County in Harlan. HC by 21
After watching Harlan demolish Perry tonight. Most would Favor Harlan Co, Something tells me Clay will come into the game wanting it alot more than we did tonight against Harlan Co. Plus they might be able to score more than once.

Clay Co. 21
Harlan Co. 18
I would be afriad to predict who'll win this game at this time, If Clay was healthy I'd have to give them the V. I'm listing some Game factors I'll put my take on the tigers and I'll let some Black Bear fans detail the black bears.

1. Injuries - Who Wants it more. I know both teams are nursing injuries. Lets see who can play through the hurt. Seems like ever other Tiger is limping around

2. Time of possession - Got to keep the ball out of Harlan's Grind it our Offenses hands.

3. Penalties - Clay Co. has to be the most penalized team in the state. Its a cycle holding, face mask, Personal Fowl. Tigers like to start ever possession First down and 20.

4. Turnovers - Both teams do a good job of taking care of the ball.

5. Third down conversions - Clay starts possessions first and 20 ( Because of a holding penalty) but they do a good job on third downs.

6. Special Teams - Mark my word. Clay struggles on kick off coverage if the Bears take over between the 45's ever possession the tiger are in trouble.

This is a huge game I think its been all the way back to 1992 since the Tigers have been in a position to win a district. Larkey has been here done this time and again.
Harlan County by 2 td's
I don't know a whole lot about Clay except they must be much better than last year. Sounds like they are banged up...and the Tiger faithful no doubt is thinking "what if we were healthy?" Harlan County is no doubt thinking the same thing with arguably their 3 best athletes out. Going into last night's game I thought if Smith for HC were healthy we'd win by 2 td. He didn't play and we won by 6td.

One thing I can say for sure. No team wants it more than HC.

Since the infamous video clip of "I can't stand Harlan County" this team has played very angry. I'm thinking I would play that video over and over again this seek.

HC wins 28-14
I think our coaches have done a wonderful job and have our team right where they want them for this time of the season. The Filthy Animals are tough and looking good and the offense is averaging around 40 a game. Both teams are dealing with injuries but I still say Harlan by 2 td's.
After last night, i'm a 100% believer in the Filthy Animals. This is gonna be a good game, low scoring affair.

Harlan 14
Clay 7
Cay Co. should take this aproach and just hide their eyes!...Best not to look a angry Black Bear in the eye!...LOL...I'm SOOOO looking forward to this game!...I hope both teams health improves and NOONE else gets hurt!.... Go BEARS!!!!!

[IMG]http://[/IMG]
[Image: http://[IMG]http://i1125.photobucket.com...64x300.jpg][/IMG]
i think it will be less than a td win either way but i dont know who to go with. if it was at clay id say clay but its not. so im not sure, it will be a good game though.
[IMG][Image: http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l597...64x300.jpg][/IMG]
If Harlan can avoid 3rd and longs, which I'm sure they will, they will win.
Harlan - 22
Clay 12
Everything depends on our defense! I believe the offense thrives off what was done on D. I believe the Filthy Animals can stop them.

Black Bears. 21
Clay. 7
Clay by a TD
king360 Wrote:Clay by a TD

Take that back King!...That's just crazy talk!....lol...Confusedticktong
Filthy Animal Wrote:Take that back King!...That's just crazy talk!....lol...Confusedticktong

lol..I think Clay will come out a lot mor physical than perry and I know there line will play better than Perrys.
This is going to be the game of the 2010 football season!! I don't know Clay County's heart, but I can say with confidence that HC is hungry for this win. I think it will be a hard fought victory, neither team going down easily.
Harlan 24
Clay 21

WYMT needs to step up and rank those Bears. It's past time for their recognition and they have now earned it!

Go Black Bears!!!!!!
da bbears 35 to 7
I must apologize for the lack of message board participation from Big Clay. Tiger fans lurk but but see no need to post unrealistic predictions or provide any form of Locker room fodder.

The Tigers know the Da Bears and the Filthy Animal D will be a handful, I'm sure they're the best team we've faced this year besides bell in the Grid. That statement may upset some KNOX fans, that's just the way I see it. Its the crazies thing I've ever seen that Harlan Isn't ranked in the WYMT POLL.

Defeating Perry at Air Port Gardens made a tremendous statement to all of 5A.
Oldtiger Wrote:I must apologize for the lack of message board participation from Big Clay. Tiger fans lurk but but see no need to post unrealistic predictions or provide any form of Locker room fodder.

The Tigers know the Da Bears and the Filthy Animal D will be a handful, I'm sure they're the best team we've faced this year besides bell in the Grid. That statement may upset some KNOX fans, that's just the way I see it. Its the crazies thing I've ever seen that Harlan Isn't ranked in the WYMT POLL.

Fans can get on here and say what they want, but the players must play the game. Neither team needs words to fuel the fire. Both will come out prepared and ready to play. Mistakes, penalties, and turn overs will be a big part of who will win the game. Both teams will play their hearts out for the district title.
Harlan County by 10
I think this will be the best offensive line the bears have seen so far( Bell co. need I say more) Clay is big, but slow and the qb can make things happen in and out of the pocket. If the defense can attack like they did at PCC, then we should have our first district title. HC 28-Clay 21:1:
I don't know about Harlan but Clay has had an important player injured nearly ever game and they are all recovered so Harlan needs to be ready this Friday because this game won't be one that people will forget.

:popcorn:
Oldtiger Wrote:I must apologize for the lack of message board participation from Big Clay. Tiger fans lurk but but see no need to post unrealistic predictions or provide any form of Locker room fodder.

Awe man!...that's half the fun the "Fans" will miss out on, if they don't join in on the fun and and do a little freindly goading!....everybody wants their team to win!...When this stuff gets back to the players ( The decent stuff)....they use it as fuel for the fire!!....that makes for great football!...I say...Fire up the players!!!....Fire up the fans!!!....And Strike up the band!!!...Go!!.. Fight!! Win!!!...Send the other team a dozen BLACK roses for their coffin!...Boxes of tissue to dry thier eyes!!...Football [B]Is[B]entertainment for the masses, and makes money for the schools!...if you don't participate, you really miss out on a good time!....come to the games!...eat a hotdog!...and cheer for your team!!!...But keep it clean!...lol...Go BEARS!!!:wenumber1
Filthy Animal Wrote:[IMG][Image: http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l597...64x300.jpg][/IMG]

[Image: http://media.pennlive.com/wildaboutpa/ph..._large.jpg]

There thats about all the smack talk us Tiger fans got in us.
Harlan County
I have thought it over. Clays QB can run and make plays so he will be the difference in this game. Clay wins by 6.
Oldtiger Wrote:[Image: http://media.pennlive.com/wildaboutpa/ph..._large.jpg]

There thats about all the smack talk us Tiger fans got in us.

That's our JV mascot!

I don't think any Black Bear can take anymore smack talk after what we recieved and dished out last week!