OC - 23-28
Murray - 13-37
Danville - 35-16
Washington Co.- 17-33
Glasgow - 19-33
Prestonsburg - 27-29
Corbin - 21-29

Is Murray a bottom feeder?
Green County: 29-24 from opponents played thus far.
Green County was not in the AP top 8 2A. Very competitive district with Glasgow and Monroe County.
desales 27 19
Tica Wrote:Green County was not in the AP top 8 2A. Very competitive district with Glasgow and Monroe County.

I realize, but I was just throwing that out there, as they were about ninth and am advocating that they might need a boost.
Lone Oak Shocker Wrote:I realize, but I was just throwing that out there, as they were about ninth and am advocating that they might need a boost.
Green played way over their heads the game against LO, and LO underestimated Green. There were a lot of things that had to happen for an upset of that magnitude to take place. LO would win 99 times out of 100 imo. I work all of Green Co. sports for the local radio station, so I know the program well.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

DeSales was not in the AP top eight last week. They are #8 in this week's Lit ratings. Opponents records for the top 10 in each class (or top 5) might be a worthy feature to consider adding at some point.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Green played way over their heads the game against LO, and LO underestimated Green. There were a lot of things that had to happen for an upset of that magnitude to take place. LO would win 99 times out of 100 imo. I work all of Green Co. sports for the local radio station, so I know the program well.

Very well understood, but thats just taking into account the Lone Oak game. Even if that game never would have happened, they are still an efficient team, who only lost to Glasgow (a team on that list) by a point. Maybe not at the same level as, say, Murray, but still might be up for consideration later in the top ten methinks. ^_^
Brahma, The Green win over Lone Oak was no fluke and Lone Oak might win six out of ten. Lone Oak is not the powerhouse they were last year.
Faded Green Wrote:Brahma, The Green win over Lone Oak was no fluke and Lone Oak might win six out of ten. Lone Oak is not the powerhouse they were last year.

We're not the juggernaut that we were last year, but...well...Lone Oak still wins the vast majority of confrontations. I'll leave it at that unless if you want to challenge my claim of LO being altogether superior, as I really came here to point out why Green might have a horse in the 2A race. ^_^
Tica Wrote:Top 8 2A teams opponents' records

NCC - 26-31
OC - 23-28
Murray - 13-37
Danville - 35-16
Washington Co.- 17-33
Glasgow - 19-33
Prestonsburg - 27-29
Corbin - 21-29

Is Murray a bottom feeder?

Maybe, but Murray plays very few quality opponents in the regular season. They've done that awhile now.

Also, Danville may be a bit better than many think.
Shocker, I was not knocking Lone Oak. They certainly put a beating on Green last year, but that was last year. I was referring to the game I saw. Of the five best players on the field, IMO, Green had three of them. I know the game ended in controversy which does not need to be discussed on this thread. I do believe Green can have a say how 2A plays out in post season play. Back to Lone Oak, I hope they do well in their post season and I feel that most Green County fans feel the same way. Common sense would tell us that year in and year out, Lone Oak would and should dominate. Again, I was responding to the Brahma post and not yours. Brahma is from our area and I just disagreed with his post, as he probably will mine. Good luck for the rest of the season.
Faded Green Wrote:Brahma, The Green win over Lone Oak was no fluke and Lone Oak might win six out of ten. Lone Oak is not the powerhouse they were last year.
:Thumbs:

Faded Green Wrote:Shocker, I was not knocking Lone Oak. They certainly put a beating on Green last year, but that was last year. I was referring to the game I saw. Of the five best players on the field, IMO, Green had three of them. I know the game ended in controversy which does not need to be discussed on this thread. I do believe Green can have a say how 2A plays out in post season play. Back to Lone Oak, I hope they do well in their post season and I feel that most Green County fans feel the same way. Common sense would tell us that year in and year out, Lone Oak would and should dominate. Again, I was responding to the Brahma post and not yours. Brahma is from our area and I just disagreed with his post, as he probably will mine. Good luck for the rest of the season.

I understand you perfectly, and know that you weren't trying to diss Lone Oak, nor was I in any way trying to diss Green County. I just think that Lone Oak has the better team this year overall, but Green County played with more heart, and there were a bunch of things that went against us. I'm not referencing the clock incident, as it was an honest mistake and nothing to worry much about. I was just saying that LO would probably beat Green 9/10 times rather than youre proposed 6/10 is all, with no disrespect intended toward the Dragons.

Good luck with the rest of your season, as well. That much was implied upon my entrance into this thread. ^_^
Lone Oak Shocker Wrote:Very well understood, but thats just taking into account the Lone Oak game. Even if that game never would have happened, they are still an efficient team, who only lost to Glasgow (a team on that list) by a point. Maybe not at the same level as, say, Murray, but still might be up for consideration later in the top ten methinks. ^_^
They also lost to Larue County and Bell, but that one can be excused. The win against LO could propel GC to very good things this season. We shall see in a couple weeks against Monroe County.

Green much like Danville has played UP in competion this season so they want have the greatest record heading into the playoffs (Green still has an out of district game ve Marion Co.) The Lone Oak game was high school football at it's finest because on any given Friday Night an upset can occur. Lone Oak is an excellant team and IMO only Allen Co. Scottsville can stop them from returning to Bowling Green in December. I honestly think Lone Oak will get past ACS and Meet Bell Co. I think Bell Co. will have to much for the Purple Flash though IMO. Green isn't ranked but unlike College football high school rankings ain't worth a dime. Against Lone Oak Green Co. showed they could play with one of the very best teams in the entire state, and will not face a team better than Lone Oak in the 2A playoffs.
Who's the favorite in AA? IMO its NCC. I've seen them 1 time against CovCath. They were sloppy, but had a nice scoring output. I'm hoping Danville can win AA.
AA seems to be WILD OPEN this season. I've heard that Fort Campbell has their star player back as well so that will make things more interesting.