Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 28 Rockcastle County 8
Rock played better than the score showed. Rock had a turnover that gave Knox Central a very short field and another turnover in the red zone that prevented a score.

Give Knox Central credit though, they did win the game.
Stats coming as soon as I can get them.
Rockcastle Stats:

Rushing:
Rowe-
Reams-
Luna-

Passing:
Brock- 105 yards 1 TD pass

Receiving:
Smith- 61 yards.
Luna-
Reams- 58 yards and 1 TD
Rowe-
Knox Central Stats:

Receiving:
Canady-
This was closer than what I expected! Did the Rockets step up in this game or did Knox Central play a bad game?

Congrats Panthers!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Expected the panthers to put this away earl. but a wins a win.
Congrats KC
Rockcastle outscored Knox Central 8-7 in the second half, I think Big Grin
A friend told me that Rockcastle played SEVERAL freshmen and sophomores in this game. Hope it helps to salvage the season.
congrats to KC
Not what I expected, but good job Knox.
Rock played a fine game. They used very small linemen to scratch and claw past our guys who I would bet literally double them in size in places. Lots of heart shown by those guys. Rowe is an excellent runners as well. Rock's time of possession kept the ball out of our offenses hands.

We had a couple of let downs on 2 big plays that were very well excecuted by Rock. The TD was a hot pass that should have been a 2 yard gain and we missed about 3 tackles. 24 put on the boosters and was gone. Nice play.

Overall, I was happy to see us pass the ball alot in this game and try a few new things. Coach Mills said it well after the game - while there are things we will need to work on out of this game; we will never complain about a 28-8 win at Rock.
Panthers keep on impressing! Congrats Knox!
I thought our boys had a bad game. They didn't seem ****ry like they have been. I seen a lot of missed tackles. I also watched several solo tackles that should have had at least 2 to 3 players gang tackling. Rock had lots of speed that killed our oline. It was a win but it was ugly.
Our boys seemed to be on the edge of getting things going the entire game. I felt proud enough of them even though they didn't win. Our line was way outsized by the Knox line, but, they held their own and kept it from being a big blowout. Congrats to the Panthers and good luck on the rest of the season.
Im happy to see the younger players for Rockcastle steping into big roles and producing. tonight was Tyler smith, Jared Lake and Eli Haddix got there first ever varsity start tonight and QB Cory McPhetridge got to see some real varsity action. I was also glad to see Rock passing a little more. But congrats to KC on the win.

Rockcastle Stats
Passing
Jadon Brock- 11 attempts, 6 Completions, 122 passing yards. 1 TD

Receiving
Eli Haddix- 1 Catch, 9 yards
Boone Saylor- 1 Catch, 2 yards
Zack Reams- 2 Catches, 55 Yards, 1 TD
Tyler Smith 1 Catch, 56yards

Rushing
Clark Rowe- 25 attempts, 112 Yards

Does any one know any of stats of knox
leecoukfan Wrote:This was closer than what I expected! Did the Rockets step up in this game or did Knox Central play a bad game?

Congrats Panthers!

This is one of the better games if not the best game rock has played all season. it seemed like the younger kids just sparked the team. Rock was way out matched but they kept on fighting.
Rock will win their first game in the playoffs this year. Size is their weakness but as long as they avoid the middle and keep improving their passing attack they will finish fine.
Prototype Wrote:I thought our boys had a bad game. They didn't seem ****ry like they have been. I seen a lot of missed tackles. I also watched several solo tackles that should have had at least 2 to 3 players gang tackling. Rock had lots of speed that killed our oline. It was a win but it was ugly.
Missed tackles were a surprise. Our safety said he thought he had 24 out of bounds on the TD and held up which he knows was a mistake. This is the same kid who got a 15 yard penalty for nearly cutting a kid in half as a ball sailed over the kids head near the sideline. The killer attitude just wasn't as high last night. Still, all in all they bowed up when they needed to and got out of there with a clear win.

These next 3 weeks will serve them well to prep for the Playoffs.
Congrats Knox
Last night the offensive line included C Frosh. Jared Lake, LT Soph. Chris Wren, RG Soph. "Cookie" King, TE Soph. Boone Saylor RT Jr. Ben Lake LG Sr. Dillon Thacker. Only one senior on the line when the other end Sr. Luke Allen was split out. A very young line indeed. Like I said early in the season after a butt whoopin' or two, they just need time to season out. I felt that Rockcastle was never completely out of the game until KC scored that last touchdown to make it 28-8. Rockcastle took the ball down the field on the next possesion after that TD to about the KC ten yard line, but, the drive petered out against some good pass defense by KC. I hope that the boys can get it all figured out late in the season as they will probably be getting to visit one of two very good teams in Rowan or Lawrence. I was also very glad to see the Thomason boys back at it tonight.
papagrit Wrote:Last night the offensive line included C Frosh. Jared Lake, LT Soph. Chris Wren, RG Soph. "Cookie" King, TE Soph. Boone Saylor RT Jr. Ben Lake LG Sr. Dillon Thacker. Only one senior on the line when the other end Sr. Luke Allen was split out. A very young line indeed. Like I said early in the season after a butt whoopin' or two, they just need time to season out. I felt that Rockcastle was never completely out of the game until KC scored that last touchdown to make it 28-8. Rockcastle took the ball down the field on the next possesion after that TD to about the KC ten yard line, but, the drive petered out against some good pass defense by KC. I hope that the boys can get it all figured out late in the season as they will probably be getting to visit one of two very good teams in Rowan or Lawrence. I was also very glad to see the Thomason boys back at it tonight.
Rock will beat Rowan in the 1st round. Although Rowan is very good this year I just think Rock will continue to improve and be ready to get an early round win for the Castle faithful.
sounds like a good game look out lawrence co i don't think they stand a chance looks like knox is on a mission
Sorry for the poor stats I posted earlier. I got a few things written down but never had a chance to finalize them.

I will take 112 rushing yards for Rowe in this game. He really held his own against a mammoth defensive line!

I was VERY happy with the passing game. Rock actually TRIED to pass. Jadon Brock's passing is a little mis-skewed because the last drive he missed on 4 straight passes to get it into the end zone. So before that he was 6/7 for 122 and 1 TD. Great game.
Nice rebound win for KNOX.
The score board thing about killed me. We need a new one!
Rock surprised me some. They are a little better than I thought. We did not play well but did enough to win.

As some have said Rock IMO will win the 1st round on the road.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:The score board thing about killed me. We need a new one!
You all need a new scoreboard just like we need Visitor bleachers... LOL.
Football1 Wrote:You all need a new scoreboard just like we need Visitor bleachers... LOL.

Tight as money is right now in the district...they might get someone out there with a chalk board, a stopwatch and an air horn (no cap pistols on school property please, "you'll put your eye out kid":biggrinSmile. Yeah, the scoreboard has been sick for a couple of years now.
Football1 Wrote:You all need a new scoreboard just like we need Visitor bleachers... LOL.

I'm afraid KC will just have to live with what they've got. There just isn't enough room over there for bleachers and no modifications are allowed to the hillside on the 25E side because of enviromental issues. Something about the creek and minnows. One of the guys that mow said they're not even allowed to cut the weeds off of it because of some EPA regulation. Might possibly put some on pylons or something that doesn't disturb the terrain but I'm not sure plus it would seem to be an expensive project. Room should have been left when the place was designed. Perhaps something portable that could be rolled onto the track and then removed during track season?