Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6A Football Alignment
CLASS 6A
[SIZE=2]District 1 - Daviess County, Henderson County, Marshall County, Muhlenberg County
District 2 - Central Hardin, Meade County, Nelson County, Paul Laurence Dunbar
District 3 – Butler, Pleasure Ridge Park, Seneca, Southern
District 4 - DuPont Manual, Male, St. Xavier, Trinity (Louisville)
District 5 - Ballard, Eastern, Fern Creek, Oldham County
District 6 - Boone County, Campbell County, Dixie Heights, Ryle
District 7 - Bryan Station, Henry Clay, Scott County, Simon Kenton
District 8 - George Rogers Clark, Lafayette, Madison Central, Tates Creek
[/SIZE]
Looks like Simon Kenton will be driving some to Lexington Next year
Trinity and St. X in same district !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW !!!!!!!!!!!
Since tradition-rich Trinty and St. Xavier are clearly, year in and year out, the two best football teams in the Commonwealth regardless of class (with all due respect to FTH- the undisputed class of the publics), putting both in the same district is ridiculous. It might appear to some to be a shot at private schools. It also illustrates the ever-growing principle that is expanding rapidly in all areas of competition that, if you can't beat them, avoid them.
^ Pretty solid post Truth TongueirateSho
64black&gold Wrote:Trinity and St. X in same district !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW !!!!!!!!!!!

As is Male and Manual.
District 4 looks beastly!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Could that be the toughest football district in the nation??
is this official
Jesus.... I thought 3A District 8 was pound for pound the most competitive district.... 6A D4 is stupid...
nky Wrote:Looks like Simon Kenton will be driving some to Lexington Next year

Once, twice a year max. No big deal really. Being in the 8th region in basketball were used to it.
Rebel55 Wrote:As is Male and Manual.

there will be your state champions year in and out stx trinty male manual
Don't think they should have put St. X & Trinity in the same district. Geographically is makes sense, but to the people who love football, we want to see these two play each other for a state championship. I realize that it gives others a chance like Ballard, SK, Ryle, etc. but fact of the matter is, none of these teams are going to be able to compete with the two big privates any time soon.
Is it such a bad thing to make the big private schools battle it out for *one* of the births to the big game instead of knowing in Aug they will likely get both? Worth debate, I think. But as an old poor boy from the hills of VA who now resides in the hills of E. KY with 2 kids in public schools - I can't say my opinion would be unbiased... Not much sympathy for privates.
Football1 Wrote:Is it such a bad thing to make the big private schools battle it out for *one* of the births to the big game instead of knowing in Aug they will likely get both? Worth debate, I think. But as an old poor boy from the hills of VA who now resides in the hills of E. KY with 2 kids in public schools - I can't say my opinion would be unbiased... Not much sympathy for privates.

Yes, it is a bad thing, Football1. It is another example of settling for less than the best just so a lesser can feel better and those in public education can pat themselves on the back. Actually it is unfair for the public who gets to the title game more because of off field legislation than by on field accomplishment. Those who know high school football will usually conclude that that team is there by "social promotion".

I would think that all, including the publics, would want to succed on their own merits and not by rigging the system. With this change, whether fair or not, the public in the championship will always be suspect. Each should earn its way, Football1, rather than always depending on a handout.

Well they're in the 8th region in basketball and have to travel to Louisville to play teams in Shelby, Oldham, and Spencer Counties. The boys basketball regional tournament is in Henry County too.
Football1 Wrote:Is it such a bad thing to make the big private schools battle it out for *one* of the births to the big game instead of knowing in Aug they will likely get both? Worth debate, I think. But as an old poor boy from the hills of VA who now resides in the hills of E. KY with 2 kids in public schools - I can't say my opinion would be unbiased... Not much sympathy for privates.

I do not think it is such a bad thing. Highlands and Cov Cath have been in the same district and for many years were the 1 and 2 best teams in AAA. People use to call the district game the "state championship" game. It made the playoffs fun from game one to the championship. You have to beat them all to make it to the big game, so you just go out and play the games.

I was wondering if this is really what SK was hoping for? I would think they would prefer to stay in the same district as Ryle and the other NKY teams.
Dixie and Ryle will be hand fulls next season. Simon Kenton was every bit as good as St. X last season and way better than Trinity although Trinity might be top 10 in the country good next season.
nptb17 Wrote:Dixie and Ryle will be hand fulls next season. Simon Kenton was every bit as good as St. X last season and way better than Trinity although Trinity might be top 10 in the country good next season.

Where does all this bluster come from? I will agree that you provided St. X. a much more interesting game than either Ryle or Trinity last season, but still in the end the Tigers sent you home with your tail tucked between you legs after a 48-34 loss. You lose by two (2) TDs but you think you are every bit as good? The facts do not support you at all. When you actually win one, let me know. :dontthink :biggrin: :dontthink
Truth Wrote:Yes, it is a bad thing, Football1. It is another example of settling for less than the best just so a lesser can feel better and those in public education can pat themselves on the back. Actually it is unfair for the public who gets to the title game more because of off field legislation than by on field accomplishment. Those who know high school football will usually conclude that that team is there by "social promotion".

I would think that all, including the publics, would want to succed on their own merits and not by rigging the system. With this change, whether fair or not, the public in the championship will always be suspect. Each should earn its way, Football1, rather than always depending on a handout.
Meritocracy runs deep in my blood. I am one of those poor boys who went through the public schools and made it just fine in college, Army, and now the corporate world. Here is my problem with your "rigging the system" comment. I don't profess to know much about Privates so here is a question or two:

Do they have 100% of the same limitations as public schools when it comes to accessing talent? Can they accept students from out of state, out of area, out of district and play them that year same year against public schools who must submit to "eligibility rules" that don't apply to Privates?

And maybe there are many other areas where the Privates have advantages or maybe not. But it just seems like Private schools get the benefit of the most socioecomically advanced athletes where public schools have to play with who lives there.
Football1 Wrote:Meritocracy runs deep in my blood. I am one of those poor boys who went through the public schools and made it just fine in college, Army, and now the corporate world. Here is my problem with your "rigging the system" comment. I don't profess to know much about Privates so here is a question or two:

Do they have 100% of the same limitations as public schools when it comes to accessing talent? Can they accept students from out of state, out of area, out of district and play them that year same year against public schools who must submit to "eligibility rules" that don't apply to Privates?

And maybe there are many other areas where the Privates have advantages or maybe not. But it just seems like Private schools get the benefit of the most socioecomically advanced athletes where public schools have to play with who lives there.

The biggest problem the privates have is convincing some parent to spend $5,000-$10,000 per year to have their Jimmy or Joe attend their school rather than sending the kid to a free school and spending the money on new cars or vacations. Confusedhh:
Oxnard Wrote:The biggest problem the privates have is convincing some parent to spend $5,000-$10,000 per year to have their Jimmy or Joe attend their school rather than sending the kid to a free school and spending the money on new cars or vacations. Confusedhh:
And isn't that reasonable? The government takes 1/3 of what I earn and at least some of that goes to public schools. Until the government elects to give me some of that back to pay the school of my choice _ I will take the option for which I have already paid.
Oxnard Wrote:Where does all this bluster come from? I will agree that you provided St. X. a much more interesting game than either Ryle or Trinity last season, but still in the end the Tigers sent you home with your tail tucked between you legs after a 48-34 loss. You lose by two (2) TDs but you think you are every bit as good? The facts do not support you at all. When you actually win one, let me know. :dontthink :biggrin: :dontthink

No one went home with their tail between their legs. We had an injury that in it self cost us the game. With miles out on the last run for the goal line. Had he been in the game it would have turned the tables on you. We will see soon enough.The simple fact is if you had to play by the same eligibility rules as the public schools you would not be the big St. X that you are. So when you compete on the same level as the rest of us, let us know. maybe thats why you ended up in the same district as Trinity. That levels the playing field a little more for the public schools that have to follow the rules. Some people with money just think they are better than the rest of us. Truth is we work hard at our programs to build them fairly not just go out and get the best and offer them a tuition package to play ball.:please:
Truth Wrote:Yes, it is a bad thing, Football1. It is another example of settling for less than the best just so a lesser can feel better and those in public education can pat themselves on the back. Actually it is unfair for the public who gets to the title game more because of off field legislation than by on field accomplishment. Those who know high school football will usually conclude that that team is there by "social promotion".

That is what is going on. everyone is out to get the private schools. Get real. They are near each other so you cant separate them both because they are good. Rigging the system would be to separate them so they can meet in the championship game. So, Trinity and St. X are just going to have to work hard and earn their way to the championship game. And, as far as the handout wouldn't putting these two in opp. districts be considered a handout?