Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 8th 40 Verity 8
I do not know what roster you were looking at but Verity does not have a number 3.
granddad Wrote:I was at the lex Cath vs Verity game as well. I too heard the remark of "Take his head off" however you did not finish the remark. The remark was "Take his head off number 3." Lex Cath does not have a #3, but Verity does. The remark did come from Lex. Cath coaches or parent.

I do not know what roster you were looking at but Verity had a number 3 on the team, but he had been dismissed from the team before this game was played, so your wrong and nice cover up act.
VMSPATS Wrote:I do not know what roster you were looking at but Verity had a number 3 on the team, but he had been dismissed from the team before this game was played, so your wrong and nice cover up act.

Guys this post is getting old. It's time to put it to bed for good. So....... being a man who knows such about such things.... I'm going to slowly explain exactlhy what happened. We have a parent that gets excited when his kid gets a cheap shot against him this parent gets vocal. I don't agree with it and probably most of Lex Cath doesn't either. I'm sure most teams have a parent like this year in and year out. This parent has only been vocal 3 times this year and each time it had to do with a "cheap shot". I'm not saying Verity did anything bad on purpose but I'm cant confirm that it didnt happen either. But anyway He yelled " tear his head off #33" So nobody is trying to cover up anything.
With all do respect to Ashland Verity and Lex Cath. I was @ the game and that parent...NOT A COACH, that yelled out that comment " Tear his head off # 33 ". That father is known to heckle at officials, other teams and coaches @ his son's sporting event. To me it's no surprise that he makes/ yells comments like that. It just looks bad for the rest of the team. As far as the game is concern.....It's not Lex Cath's reponsibility to stop playing. It's the defense responsibility to stop any offensive plays. If Verity's fan think different, I'm sorry. Good luck to both in the state tournament.
Its that time of year......GOOD LUCK COACHES!!!!:Clap:
eratia Wrote:It seems Verity has delivered some similar treatment to a few teams, and they never complained about it. I've personally seen Verity teams have someone down by 30+ late and throw deep. It's always under the cover of playing hard whistle to whistle until it happens to them.

I have a lot of respect for Verity as I've seen them many times and they have a solid habit of winning, but my respect gets somewhat diminished when they exchange winning for whining...

Ahhhh looks like Verity good got what was coming. Pounding teams the way you do, now Lex cath return the favor...
Great team! Do you have their stats from their last game?
Dang! This rematch could've happened if ashland had won....
This is directed to ManOfGod...your statement of the Verity 7th grade quaterback that supposedly kept running the ball when Verity was ahead by 30 points....if you check the official stats, he (number 21) only had four rushes for the game...The reason Verity kept him at QB was he was the only QB left after the regular one suffered a broken bone in his foot.
Gatti-Ward Wrote:Verity did take quite a loss today at Lex Cath. I must say that the facilities are top notch and it might have been the first opportunity our guys had to play on artificial turf. Unfortunately, Lex Cath 8th grade coaches weren't nearly as classy as their field. It was apparent in the 4th when we were down 40-8 that LC was going to get their undefeated season and yet the coaches continued to have a hurry-up offense and kept passing the ball all over the field. They were rushing to get as many plays in as possible to try and score yet again. One word-Classless. What ever happened to sportsmanship and taking a knee? Our boys deserved better than that. Maybe a team in the state play-offs can return the favor to LC and teach them some respect for the game and their opponents.

Do you not put your elbows on the dinner table either?

Its a football game
40-8, you got beat deal with it.

dont be a sore loser about it and make excuses to everyone.

Confusedhh:
SweetLemonade Wrote:Do you not put your elbows on the dinner table either?

Its a football game
40-8, you got beat deal with it.

dont be a sore loser about it and make excuses to everyone.

Confusedhh:

Trust me.....if the two teams were closer They probably would have linked sattalites up in space to watch in on your practices.