Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard High School Band of Gold Marching Classic
The annual Hazard High School Band of Gold Marching Classic was held on Saturday, September, 25, 2010. Fifteen bands in 5 different classes competed. The winners were:
Overall:
1.Madison Southern-80.36
2.North Laurel-79.72
3.Corbin-77.71
4.Wayne Co.-77.26
.The Class A winner is Harlan-71.9
.The Class 2A winner is Middlesboro-62.08
.The Class 3A winner is Corbin-77.71
.The Class 4A winner is Madison Southern-80.36
.the Class 5A winner is North Laurel-79.72

There are some pictures here.... http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/578660271WFfemL
Hazard didnt place? Is the BOG down this year? Seems like when I was in High School they always dominated competitions.
csabo17 Wrote:Hazard didnt place? Is the BOG down this year? Seems like when I was in High School they always dominated competitions.

They host the competition so they don't compete.
They only do an exhibition performance at the end of the contest.
Oh, kinda weird. All band competitions like that?
Yes, LCC hosted a competition and they did play, but they did not participate in the competition.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Hazard did not compete since they hosted the event. They did an exhibition performance at the end of the competition.
Today in Corbin the BOG placed 1st in Class A, Best Percussion, and Grand Champions. Way to go Band of Gold! We are very proud of our Band of Gold!!!
So what is the theme of Hazard's field show this year?
so why isnt their a high school band sub-forum under high school. i believe the bands are one of the most important parts in high school...from field shows to pep bands...i would like to see more pics of the high school bands on here and personal opinions...i loved band in high school and i always loved to hear about how well other bands are doing...like when i was in high school the 2 bands i like to watch the most here hazard, and lee co. is lee still as good as they were. i wanted hazard and they did well on their field show i watched, but when they were playing from the stands they didnt have a every good song selection. i want some creativity from the bands around here and so far the only thing i have heard that was somewhat creative is breathitt's band playing "dont stop believing". giving i have only seen 4 high school bands this year, but i'll see many more during basketball season, and i hope the creativity picks up. does anyone share my opinion
zaga_fan Wrote:So what is the theme of Hazard's field show this year?

they one they performed against breathitt was a christmas themed one. it was good for how small the band was. :Thumbs:
zaga_fan Wrote:So what is the theme of Hazard's field show this year?

Hazard's field show this year is entitled "HOME". It's about a young man who is away at war and away from home at Christmastime.

[Image: http://inlinethumb39.webshots.com/44006/...500Q85.jpg]
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Hazard's field show this year is entitled "HOME". It's about a young man who is away at war and away from home at Christmastime.

[Image: http://inlinethumb39.webshots.com/44006/...500Q85.jpg]

it was good :Thumbs: