Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 42 Corbin 14
knighted Wrote:Just wondering.... what does a team have to do to get kicked out of 2 conferences?

Keep beating the teams!! :Thumbs:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Keep beating the teams!! :Thumbs:

Lol, sounds like a good a reason as any.
ILiveForHim Wrote:Bell and Corbin were in the same conference till Bell was kicked out. I think Corbin uses a lame excuse but lets hear their answer.

Bell would not abide by the conference rules(kids who hold back are not eligible to play in the year they hold back), so they moved on.
Hitters_Count Wrote:Just curious, but why doesn't Corbin play Bell and Knox? Seems to me this would really show how good they are, or are they just good with smaller class teams?

The Knox administration decided it was best not to play Corbin in middle school sports after one of Knox Co,'s Principals sucker punched a 65 year old Corbin Middle School basketball coach after his son's team lost a game 3-4 years ago.
So you are saying that every team in your conference abides by this rule? They play NO holdbacks? The rule that you supposedly used to kick out Bell? Yeah, right!! Everyone knows the true reason. Bell was kicked out of the Harlan conference because they won it every year. Of course the other teams want them out so they will have a chance, makes sense right?
Quote:let me say that again THE ENTIRE CONFERENCE votes to remove them

This isnt true, Harlan Ind, Evarts and Cumberland were the only teams that refused to play Bell and THEY took it upon themselves to dissolve the conf. and start a new one. Fact!

Quote:Keep beating the teams!!

This stemmed from Bell running the score up with their starters in games when the score was like 50-6 and at Evarts, they ran a play were the put the big tailback at slot and ran a crack back on Evarts D-end which resulted in a broken arm with the score 60ish-0 in the 4th quarter!

Quote:The Knox administration decided it was best not to play Corbin in middle school sports after one of Knox Co,'s Principals sucker punched a 65 year old Corbin Middle School basketball coach after his son's team lost a game 3-4 years ago.

This isnt entirely true either, Corbin wouldn't play Knox before this happened in football. The incident you speak of was only the second phase of what happened at a Knox basketball game earlier in the season. It is funny how Corbin people fail to recall how their coach came out on the floor after pulling the top off of the scorers table and throwing a water bottle across the floor. After the game he loudly proclaimed that when Knox came to Corbin the next week, there was no way they would leave a winner and he would see to it. Yes Mr. Broughton did get into a scuffle with the Corbin coach, but once again let me direct you back to the game at Knox. Corbin calls a time out and puts in a kid who then proceeds to almost football tackle Tanner Broughton which caused a minor altercation. The kid was patted on the back when he came out at this point. Jump forward to Corbin and after the game. Mr. Broughton, out of line, went to the Corbin coach and extended his hand and said the following, "you sure as %$@# made good on your promise" at this point, the Corbin coach threw a cup of water in Mr. Broughtons face and Mr. Broughton retaliated with a right cross.

I by no means condon the actions of either man, but please make sure to tell the WHOLE story, just not the part you want others to hear.
SEKYFAN, does Corbin and the other schools in that conference abide by the rule that Bell was kicked out for? The rule about holdbacks? Im anxiously awaiting your reply........
why does it matter what grade you hold back in? If you want to play three years of middle school football or play the extra year in elementary it should be the parents decision. A kid who is 14 is still 14 if was held back in Kindergarten or 7-8th grade. I will never understand why people are so upset when a kid holds back in 7th grade
Hitters_Count Wrote:This isnt true, Harlan Ind, Evarts and Cumberland were the only teams that refused to play Bell and THEY took it upon themselves to dissolve the conf. and start a new one. Fact!

This stemmed from Bell running the score up with their starters in games when the score was like 50-6 and at Evarts, they ran a play were the put the big tailback at slot and ran a crack back on Evarts D-end which resulted in a broken arm with the score 60ish-0 in the 4th quarter!

This isnt entirely true either, Corbin wouldn't play Knox before this happened in football. The incident you speak of was only the second phase of what happened at a Knox basketball game earlier in the season. It is funny how Corbin people fail to recall how their coach came out on the floor after pulling the top off of the scorers table and throwing a water bottle across the floor. After the game he loudly proclaimed that when Knox came to Corbin the next week, there was no way they would leave a winner and he would see to it. Yes Mr. Broughton did get into a scuffle with the Corbin coach, but once again let me direct you back to the game at Knox. Corbin calls a time out and puts in a kid who then proceeds to almost football tackle Tanner Broughton which caused a minor altercation. The kid was patted on the back when he came out at this point. Jump forward to Corbin and after the game. Mr. Broughton, out of line, went to the Corbin coach and extended his hand and said the following, "you sure as %$@# made good on your promise" at this point, the Corbin coach threw a cup of water in Mr. Broughtons face and Mr. Broughton retaliated with a right cross.

I by no means condon the actions of either man, but please make sure to tell the WHOLE story, just not the part you want others to hear.

This is a very vivid description. I can almost see it happening.... .. tho I'm not saying it did happen this way since I wasn't there to see it myself. Nice story tho.
ILiveForHim Wrote:SEKYFAN, does Corbin and the other schools in that conference abide by the rule that Bell was kicked out for? The rule about holdbacks? Im anxiously awaiting your reply........

Corbin has always followed that rule, it has been a rule in the Corbin School System for around 20 years. I can't speak for the other schools, but I guess that they are honest enough to follow the rules.
I respect your answer but I find that VERY hard to believe. Your actually saying that a child that stays back in the 7th grade has to sit out of sports for the ENTIRE year? I cant believe parents are letting that happen. Or is it if the teacher puts retained they can then play. If so, then its all the same.
ILiveForHim Wrote:I respect your answer but I find that VERY hard to believe. Your actually saying that a child that stays back in the 7th grade has to sit out of sports for the ENTIRE year? I cant believe parents are letting that happen. Or is it if the teacher puts retained they can then play. If so, then its all the same.
That is exactly right believe it or not, it doesn't matter if you believe it or not thats the way it is at Corbin and like the other post said thats the way its been for a long time
in my opinion if they are held back or retained they should not play that year they should study
ILiveForHim Wrote:I respect your answer but I find that VERY hard to believe. Your actually saying that a child that stays back in the 7th grade has to sit out of sports for the ENTIRE year? I cant believe parents are letting that happen. Or is it if the teacher puts retained they can then play. If so, then its all the same.

Yeah that's exactly what he is saying. If a child is held back in 7th grade then he sits out of athletics for that ENTIRE year. That's also why almost every parent that decides to hold a child back does so before they enter middle school. If a child is in the little league program they can still participate in the little league program in a hold back year. But as soon as they are involved in middle school athletics they must abide by this rule. Like others said it has been done like this at Corbin for a very long time. Most schools in the conference had rules similar to this and every team in the conference agreed to this rule 2 years ago.
mrboro Wrote:Corbin really showed their true colors this night. RED! They put their first team in at the beginning of the 3rd Qtr. when Middlesboro had their 2nd team boys in the game. Middlesboro was up 42 -0 when corbin decided to put their "big Boys" in the game. Yes, they did score 2 touchdowns but had they played their starters the whole game they would have gotten to see what Middlesboro was really made of. You don't wait untill a team is up 42 -0 with their 2nd team to try to show off your talent. This whole game was an insult to Middlesboro and their team and they were more than good enough to play Corbin's big boys...After all, none of corbins other players were able to put any points on the board against Middlesboro.
why don't you call up corbin's coach and see if we can get together for a friendly scrimmage?. I was there and Mboro still were playing their starters and it was the first 2 series after half time so nobody was tired. we are playing in the state semi-finals this weekend--where are you?
How strict does Corbin enforce this stupid holdback rule? I know a kid that transfered to Corbin and was repeating a grade (by choice), his first year at Corbin middle and was not allowed to play that year. Needless to say he did not stay at Corbin. Just last year our best basketball player's parents decide to holdback their son, he did not play for Corbin.
In corbin they will keep you a extra day in the hospital when your born if it will help. But the question about corbin is how many starters on this years team played at some other middle school last year. If you dont hold the kids back its your own fault cause nobody needs to graduate at 17 and head out into this crazy world
Old Redhound Wrote:How strict does Corbin enforce this stupid holdback rule? I know a kid that transfered to Corbin and was repeating a grade (by choice), his first year at Corbin middle and was not allowed to play that year. Needless to say he did not stay at Corbin. Just last year our best basketball player's parents decide to holdback their son, he did not play for Corbin.

I wondered where he was last year.
As far as I know AAU ball.