Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Grade School Coaches
Ronald Combs-hazard
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:It took Virgie Middle School 3 overtimes to beat Pikevilles middle school. Nothing is said about them.

It was 2 overtimes, and nothing is said about them because they've lost a couple of games here and there to Belfry and Dorton and maybe another team....Plus their coach only plays 1 player off the bench....6 Total so of course nothing is going to be said of him....He's not a good coach....
"alfus21" Wrote:It was 2 overtimes, and nothing is said about them because they've lost a couple of games here and there to Belfry and Dorton and maybe another team....Plus their coach only plays 1 player off the bench....6 Total so of course nothing is going to be said of him....He's not a good coach....

So a guy who only plays 6 players is no count??

Thats ridiculous.......There are plenty of teams around that can't afford to play more than their first 5. As a matter of fact, the reason there is a starting 5 is because they are your best 5 players. Foul trouble and fatigue should be the only reason for subbing.
"HappyGilmore" Wrote:So a guy who only plays 6 players is no count??

Thats ridiculous.......There are plenty of teams around that can't afford to play more than their first 5. As a matter of fact, the reason there is a starting 5 is because they are your best 5 players. Foul trouble and fatigue should be the only reason for subbing.

He doesn't even sub the bench players in then...And they have a good bench...They leave their starters in even if they're up like 40 points until there's like 1 minute to go and then he'll clear the bench...All 5 starters could be playing horrible and he'll leave them out there....He's under the influence of a few Pikeville parents I do believe...
well greg had great talent to play with. i think anyone who has great talent to play with can say they coach a team.and sorry have-it-ur-way but some kids do coach their selfs i see kids all the time watching what they do wrong and then fixing it without anyone telling them to..
Randy Davis or Greg Newsome is deffanatly hands down the best coaches around. besides look at the clevland cavaliers they dont have that gooder of coach but they win...why becuase og lebrone james...
Harold Tackett- BLES
"alfus21" Wrote:He doesn't even sub the bench players in then...And they have a good bench...They leave their starters in even if they're up like 40 points until there's like 1 minute to go and then he'll clear the bench...All 5 starters could be playing horrible and he'll leave them out there....He's under the influence of a few Pikeville parents I do believe...

I see what you are saying.

I thought you were saying that all coaches should play at least 8-9 players, no matter how good they are.
It seems it is always like that at Pikeville. Some play because of who their parents are and it is a shame!!!
Sanford Holbrook of Salyersville Grade School is a very good coach. Not for the fact that he has a winning record every year, but because he works very hard with his team in the off season and throughout the season. If these kids don't understand the game by the time they leave the school, they will never understand the game.