Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Ncaa Football Have A Playoff System
I Think They Should It Would Make Collage Football Better... What Do U Think?
They should. But they never will. I'd like to see atleast some sort of playoff system using the current bowl games and then having the 4 big winners go into a 4 team playoff.
yeah it would be awesome if they did. And everyone knows what that would mean if there was a playoff system. NO MORE BCS!!!! lol
i would love not to have a bcs... i like ur ideal tomcat 68... because this year it might have been penn.st vs. usc and texas and a ohio state rematch.. good thinking
I think they should, maybe like a 16 team playoff. I think it would draw more attention to the NCAA game. It would also give more teams a shot at playing for the National Championship. We need to start a petition or something. haha
Every sport should have a playoff system, it just isn't right without one.
yes they should have a playoff system
Imagine how much more exciting a playoff system would be.. Penn St vs Texas this week would of been awesome!!!!!!
yes they should. but it is too simple so there for we will never see it happen.
haha, yea, everybody likes to go the complicated way.
yes they should
how about this....take 12 teams. make every power conference play a championship, give four byes, take the 6 power conference champions, then 6 at large teams and play a playoffs, use the sec basketball format, THEN let the other 44 teams that wasn't eligible for a playoff, play in bowl games. there, the best of both worlds! ROOOOLLLLLLL TTTTTIIIIIDDDEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
that would be nice but it would take forever and some small teams that dont usually get the bowls wont have ne kind of chance at carrying a "bowl" title
they should keep the bcs system and have the playoff that might not make sence but hear me out... the bcs should take the top 16 teams in the bcs standings and divide them up and seed them like the number 1 plays the 16th team and 2 plays the 15th team and so on like college basketball until they have the championship game... i like that idea it sounds good to me
yeah i think so. The top 8 teams play for it.
I would love to see a playoff system. I think I would have much more interest if there was a system in place. I had tickets to watch JMU this year and that was one of the things that I loved about it. 1-AA has a great playoff system and you get a real champ. You can use high school football as an example. Belfry might not get the title in 03 if you have a BCS system in place. Teams develop over the season and show their true talent toward the end of the season. There can still be bowl games for the others outside of the top 16. The money would be just as much if done correctly.

:Thumbs:
Without a doubt.
Every year there is always a team that is not in the national championship but should have at least had the chance. I think there should be a playoff system of the top 8 teams. The thing about it is that the bowl games are advertisments. There is a bowl game for just about anything. We need a playoff system to make these other teams to at least have a chance.
i dont like 8 teams cause they wood only be 2 weeks of games not good for a playoff system u got to give more teams a chance to win
"TE#82" Wrote:i dont like 8 teams cause they wood only be 2 weeks of games not good for a playoff system u got to give more teams a chance to win

I agree. I think that 16 would be a great playoff system.

:rock:
yes i hate the bcs
Yes they should
Yes, because teams that play well all season get cut short of that bowl bid, they need to to put a playoff in to make those teams that do good but get cut short on ranks at the end of the season a chance not just tell them they should have been better in certain games or certain areas... so yes Insert a playoff.. im looking for one in 2008
They could take the teams in the top 25 and let them play a playoff. You could give the #1 ranked team a bye.