Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martha Layne Collins @ Whitefield Academy 9/13
Martha Layne Collins (10-0) visits Whitefield Academy (9-0) @ 7:30 tomorrow night.

I think that these are the only unbeaten teams in the state.
Didn't Whitefield Academy lose to Bishop Brossart yesterday in the All A?
ispike3 Wrote:Didn't Whitefield Academy lose to Bishop Brossart yesterday in the All A?

Yes they did 1-2 (25-22, 21-25, 21-16). I was going off the KHSAA website and most of the All "A" Classic games weren't on the website yet. They are now 12-1.
Beat Collins last night 2-1 to go 14-1 for the season, so now there aren't any unbeaten left that I'm aware of. Beat Collins easily in the first and third games-came unglued in the second. They're a young team and can be inconsistent and lose focus sometimes. Should have been finished in two.
They did lose to Brossart Saturday basically for the reason listed above. Sat for three hours between games and went to sleep. Should not have lost that match, but it would have been a toss-up with the Covington Holy Cross game following and the Caldwell County game in the final if they'd made it.
The highlight of Saturday was watching Louisville Holy Cross get beat in the other quarterfinal match. They were pulling the same switch as last year with the JV and varsity and there was not a soul in that arena pulling for them.