Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Bledsoe keeps high school grade
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- The Birmingham school board is letting basketball star Eric Bledsoe keep a grade that helped him gain NCAA eligibility to play at Kentucky.

Superintendent Craig Witherspoon said Friday a teacher says Bledsoe completed makeup work to justify a higher grade in an algebra course during the 2008-2009 school year. The mark was switched from an "C" to an "A" after the work was done

:please:
This is a long way from being over. Even after the school board did there job there is reports that the NCAA will continue to investigate into the case. They really need to leave this alone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
If the NCAA comes up with anything different then they made it up. This law firm paid out over 10 grand for this investigation and they didnt prove anything
All the NCAA is going to do is read the entire report and do nothing else, this case is closed. There will not be another trancript for Bledsoe
1 down 1 to go. Free Enes! Glad that this is a huge victory for coach cal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Wow, there is no story here? Colour me shocked. If the NCAA gets involved it would just be more money wasted on a non-issue. As long as the teacher who actually gave the grade says he earned the grade, whose business is it to argue that? Trust me, this is dead.

The Enes situation is garbage too. The only people who have provided any information are Kanter and family, and they have good, legitimate documentation as well. All the Turkish team has is a NYT article with no proof. It should be a no-brainer as well but you never know with the NCAA. IMO, the Kanter's are the only ones that provided the NCAA with any information, so that should be the only information they should consider legitimate.
It just makes me mad that they singled out Bledsoe on this deal. There are hundreds of students athletes each year that didn't earn one grade or another in high school. Heck, I took Calculus my senior year, used that class to work on free throws and jumpshots in the gym, never took the first test, and ended up with a B in the class. This happens everywhere. I just find it odd that Bledsoe is the one who gets singled out. Typical witch hunt on Cal and UK.
^Agreed.

Funny thing is, NCAA did their probing and found jack..
This is investigation should be closed, there is nothing to find..
Just rejects trying to take our 2k WINS!!
Go UK!! Free Enes!!!
They need to drop this.
It's over.
Sleeping well now. Bledsoe situation looks to be in the clear now and all that is left before Big Blue Madness is to have Kanter cleared!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NCAA officially closes review of Eric Bledsoe case

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketb...z10sUoFmBz
^ As we all knew they would..
Now if we can just get Kanter elgible we will be fine.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:NCAA officially closes review of Eric Bledsoe case

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketb...z10sUoFmBz

Hopefully shuts up the UNC fans who were chomping at the bit to be the "First" to 2000 wins.
Ballers Wrote:^ As we all knew they would..

Not everyone, too many on here think the NCAA is on a witch-hunt to "Get" the Cats :popcorn:
Stardust Wrote:Not everyone, too many on here think the NCAA is on a witch-hunt to "Get" the Cats :popcorn:
The NCAA, no. The media, yes.
BCF4L Wrote:The NCAA, no. The media, yes.

What do you mean by media?
WKYT?
BCF4L Wrote:The NCAA, no. The media, yes.

I travel every major city in the country often. We are front news page for UK news media from a guy who wrote a back page story on his medium. It's just not out there.
zaga_fan Wrote:What do you mean by media?
WKYT?
ESPN, NYTimes, Herald Leader, etc. I could go on and on. I realize negativity sells and UK has a huge following and will attract hits, but ****, I hear more crap about UK than anyone else. Can anyone tell me what happened to UConn? Has anyone even heard anything else about them? What about Michigan State? Will they get the same press coverage over this rape deal that UK got with Bledsoe and his grades? Absolutely not.
BCF4L Wrote:ESPN, NYTimes, Herald Leader, etc. I could go on and on. I realize negativity sells and UK has a huge following and will attract hits, but ****, I hear more crap about UK than anyone else. Can anyone tell me what happened to UConn? Has anyone even heard anything else about them? What about Michigan State? Will they get the same press coverage over this rape deal that UK got with Bledsoe and his grades? Absolutely not.

You only hear it here because it gets broadcast exclusively here. I guarentee you it gets the same coverage and broadcast in the media of Michigan!
Stardust Wrote:You only hear it here because it gets broadcast exclusively here. I guarentee you it gets the same coverage and broadcast in the media of Michigan!

Everyone is so Jealous of our 2000 wins they just wanna hate on us all the time, SD.
I know there are other teams that have 2000 wins as well....but it doesn't matter because we got there first!
It was with a player that had to do some "extra credit" work to be eligible but it is still 2000 wins.

I'm just playing.

The real problem in all of this is that "extra credit" for athletes is even an option.
I would have loved to have gotten to take a quick verbal quiz the day of a game to bring my grade up to an A just to have it look better on my transcript so I could have gotten into a better college, but it wasn't an option because my grades didn't hinge on a 14th Region Championship run.
Star-Athletes should have to work just as hard to be graded on the same scale as the rest of the world.