Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsiville-75 SCHS-65
Paintsville is the best team in the region
maybe now teams wont think they can come in and play physical cause theyre young
because when pushed, they will push back
and theyre only going to get stronger
why do you post 3+ posts in a thread? its redundant and useless
I agree doubleOT
"JKWON33" Wrote:I'll disagree with you adidas on that. Father and son are respectable people. The father is protective of his son, rightfully so all parents are. There is a time and place for all that, just thinking that tonight wasn't the best place to display that. Honestly some parents don't care what their children do, I had a good friend that had parents like that and needless to say he is no longer with us, God bless his soul. I would rather have an overprotective parent any day of the week. Sure both are short tempermented people, but to say they are complete embarrassments is an OVERSTATEMENT. Bundy plays hard, and I will give him props on that. And about May, there is a difference between being a physical player and a dirty player. I can't begin to count the times I seen him run into someone while driving the lane with no legit intentions on making the shot, or seeing him throw elbows for a loose ball when he is standing several feet away from it. Or when he makes a pass and a defender is still on him, popping them in the mouth with an elbow, that definately isn't clean and sure isn't sportsmanlike. I think that if he played hard, and not dirty he would be hands down the best player in the 15th, but the little things that he does that are uncalled for and not acting like a class act athlete like I know he can is what shuns people away from respecting his talent. He's a Senior, and he needs to be the leader and act like it not only by his talent but also by his actions and getting the team to follow. I was on the stage when Pugh ran into 15 he hit him with his left shoulder, but the right arm was going towards the ball, clean play and I don't mind that. Sure Coach Runyon gave May a hug after the game, who can't respect what that boy has done for the SC program, but after the way he handled himself during the course of the game, some of that respect that he has gained for him has bound to have been lost.

I must say out of all the years Brandon has played I have never heard anyone call him a dirty player, but I have been told myself on several occasions what a great kid and class act he is by the opposing coaches. Goes through the lane with no intentions of making the shot are you kidding me? Williams popped Hensley w/ an elbow after the play was over tried to shove him through the wall, Bundy took 2 hands and slung May to the floor. Maybe you just have tunnel vision, I don't know. The game was physical on both ends nothing wrong with that. May hit Bundy w/ a forearm trying to protect the ball, Bundy surprised him and May threw his arm up to protect the ball it should have been a foul but thats not dirty. He laid a hard moving screen on Pugh that should have been a foul but that was definately not any different than what Pugh did to Lomeli and Pugh wasn't going for the ball give me a break. Does that make Pugh a dirty player? I don't think so and neither is May.
Congrats Paintsville!
TermX I have warned you in the past about making 3 and 4 one liners in a row put them all in one thread, PLEASE!

This is your last warning!
"Matney's Prodigey" Wrote:And I'm sure May is worried about what kind of respect BMR has for him. PLEASE!!!! SC does not like P'ville and vice-vresa. The game was physical. May did not give as many cheap shots as you let on. He put his body in the screen on Pugh, but that is not the same as being dirty that is being overly competitive. May did get a little frusterated, but he was being held on the offensive end of the floor all night. That is being dirty too my friend. I like how you can speak of the respect Runyon has for people. Must be nice to be able to read peoples mind. Runyon has coached lots of less classy players than May (3 of whch are on the Tiger wall of Fame). You are showing your true knowledge about basketball, or should I say LACK OF KNOWLEDGE. It is people like you that give Paintsville a bad name. Most P'ville people are nice intelligent people, but a few fans like youi ruin that for all of them.

Actually, Brandon has very much respect for Coach Runyon and most of the Paintsville team and fans.
"Batpuff" Wrote:TermX I have warned you in the past about making 3 and 4 one liners in a row put them all in one thread, PLEASE!

This is your last warning!

Thank you lol that is aggervating me to death.
congrats Paintsville on a hard fought "physical" win. The reason I put physical in parentheses is b/c I heard this one got pretty ugly. But Paintsville gets the win and they earned it.
"Bob Knight" Wrote:Actually, Brandon has very much respect for Coach Runyon and most of the Paintsville team and fans.

Well, you know me Bob, and you know that I have a great deal of respect for Brandon, always will, I didn't think he played dirty last night, anything he does doesn't hold a candle to the way a couple of SC's players were when I played. Brandon is a great kid, a class act individual, and great basketball player.
Why does everybody give Paintsville such a hard time. They won this game and will win many more this year. One time during the game Pugh was running for a loose ball toward Paintsville's bench and he saves it back in. But during that time Brandon May was right behind him. After Pugh saved the ball, May took his right arm and pushed Pugh as hard as he could right in front of the ref's. No foul was called and Pugh got pushed pretty far back. You cant sit there and tell me that he didnt play dirty tonight. Any time something happened on the floor that was dirty he was right in the middle of it.
I really don't think anything more would have happend between the parent and player had one of the coaches not gotten into it... several people were holding back the dad so he couldn't get on to the floor, and the son didn't come over until he coach started yelling at the kids dad... no one had mentioned that fact and played it like the player's dad just continued by himself...
WHO CARES, this game is over, everyone stop with all the "Brandon May played dirty" crap, and quit with the "hothead son and hothead dad" crap. It's all POINTLESS, we just watched two of the top teams in the region play their worst game all year, ALOT of FRUSTRATION in ALL the players, things happen, that's basketball.
"MY ADIDAS" Wrote:Walked in their shoes? Are you for real? Maybe you need to step out of the Glee Club seats for a moment.

All people have the option of taking whatever direction they choose in their lives. Some voluntarily choose to do the right things over the period of their lives, some CHOOSE to not go that route. But it is all voluntary my friend. It's not like this is the first time anything has ever happened like this with this bunch, and it is not the first time by a long shot, that they have made total asses of themselves. It is a reoccuring event that seems to happens over and over. Let's see if someone has enough backbone to see that it dont happen again.

MA, I am seriously for real & I was never in the "glee club"... PHS didn't and doesn't have a "glee club" and the fact that you even know about one, speaks volumes. As far as "being for real" is concerned, I know what you're saying.... but unless you know all the story and the history, you know, the "what makes a person tick" sort of things, you just end up making rash generalizations and looking like you have no compassion for your fellow man. I know why things have happened and while I do not condone such, I try to show compassion and try to help whenever called upon. You're 100% correct in that people have choices to make on a daily basis, while also having to live with the consequences of those same choices good, bad, or indifferent. I have never known of these folks to get into trouble and then crybag about it and say something wasn't fair! Folks can go on and be a "hard nut" about this kid all they want, but he's a good kid with a huge heart. I'm not making excuses for any part of it, and yes, they have had their moments in the past, but if you know these people, then you would know they are very protective of their own and just because they would just as soon, "throw down" @ the drop of a hat over their own, this doesn't mean that they are bad people. They just aren't as willing to take as much bull as others may be... I'd ten-to-one rather have a backbone like theirs, than to be like those who sit and crybag in the bleachers... game-in-and-game-out while all the while saying, "I'd do this and I'd do that" to anyone dumb enough to get caught having to listen! I doubt very seriously if you can name one instance with "this bunch" that didn't have one thing to do with taking up for their own... bless their hearts... let's just dub them the family that is all about "show you what I'll do" rather than "blow about what I might do".
I agree 100%.
"cardsfan" Wrote:Someone Can Win At Paintsville! The Tigers, Three Refs, Three Policeman, And Some Crazed Parents!
"Fuzzy5118" Wrote:MA, I am seriously for real & I was never in the "glee club"... PHS didn't and doesn't have a "glee club" and the fact that you even know about one, speaks volumes. As far as "being for real" is concerned, I know what you're saying.... but unless you know all the story and the history, you know, the "what makes a person tick" sort of things, you just end up making rash generalizations and looking like you have no compassion for your fellow man. I know why things have happened and while I do not condone such, I try to show compassion and try to help whenever called upon. You're 100% correct in that people have choices to make on a daily basis, while also having to live with the consequences of those same choices good, bad, or indifferent. I have never known of these folks to get into trouble and then crybag about it and say something wasn't fair! Folks can go on and be a "hard nut" about this kid all they want, but he's a good kid with a huge heart. I'm not making excuses for any part of it, and yes, they have had their moments in the past, but if you know these people, then you would know they are very protective of their own and just because they would just as soon, "throw down" @ the drop of a hat over their own, this doesn't mean that they are bad people. They just aren't as willing to take as much bull as others may be... I'd ten-to-one rather have a backbone like theirs, than to be like those who sit and crybag in the bleachers... game-in-and-game-out while all the while saying, "I'd do this and I'd do that" to anyone dumb enough to get caught having to listen! I doubt very seriously if you can name one instance with "this bunch" that didn't have one thing to do with taking up for their own... bless their hearts... let's just dub them the family that is all about "show you what I'll do" rather than "blow about what I might do".
No Glee Club????? Think again.:big grin:

The rest of your post is where the real spoken volumes come from, if that is your stand.
"Matney's Prodigey" Wrote:And I'm sure May is worried about what kind of respect BMR has for him. PLEASE!!!! SC does not like P'ville and vice-vresa. The game was physical. May did not give as many cheap shots as you let on. He put his body in the screen on Pugh, but that is not the same as being dirty that is being overly competitive. May did get a little frusterated, but he was being held on the offensive end of the floor all night. That is being dirty too my friend. I like how you can speak of the respect Runyon has for people. Must be nice to be able to read peoples mind. Runyon has coached lots of less classy players than May (3 of whch are on the Tiger wall of Fame). You are showing your true knowledge about basketball, or should I say LACK OF KNOWLEDGE. It is people like you that give Paintsville a bad name. Most P'ville people are nice intelligent people, but a few fans like youi ruin that for all of them.

Lack of Knowledge...I helped out with the basketball program for years, its people like you that don't see little things like that, I'm out of high school and could care less about Brandon May, all I'm saying that he is a good athlete that needs to act like the leader we all know he can be, I'm no longer a fan of one team or for another, I just enjoy watching good games. Maybe if you got off the SC bandwagon and see it the way any other basketball fan would you may agree. Adidas you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that, but I don't feel that way towards the two and sure that several others don't as well. But I will agree and sure both of us do, some of the passes he makes are uncalled for as well as his style of play when he gets frustrated.
So, did anyone ever get any stats?
congrats
My uncle was on the stage when this happened and said that everyone was yelling, then when bundy and may went to the ground, and watch the film on hometown tv, bundy did not sling him to the ground, they were going down and bundy held on to may to keep him from falling too hard, watched it, thats what happened. then may stood up and wanted to go to duke city, the refs were holding may and one of the asst coaches stood up and yelled and called bundy a "#@$# ******" well, at that time is when dad anc coach had words. the coach came over to dad and put his finger in his face>>> well, the rest is history. Sheldon clark is tougt to play dirty, now this ant the baby tigers no more. SC lost, bottom line........... and lost fair
"LazerMan" Wrote:My uncle was on the stage when this happened and said that everyone was yelling, then when bundy and may went to the ground, and watch the film on hometown tv, bundy did not sling him to the ground, they were going down and bundy held on to may to keep him from falling too hard, watched it, thats what happened. then may stood up and wanted to go to duke city, the refs were holding may and one of the asst coaches stood up and yelled and called bundy a "#@$# ******" well, at that time is when dad anc coach had words. the coach came over to dad and put his finger in his face>>> well, the rest is history. Sheldon clark is tougt to play dirty, now this ant the baby tigers no more. SC lost, bottom line........... and lost fair
When you consider the poster,I think this post kind of confirms everything 100% that I have said. A bunch of nuts.
"JKWON33" Wrote:Lack of Knowledge...I helped out with the basketball program for years, its people like you that don't see little things like that, I'm out of high school and could care less about Brandon May, all I'm saying that he is a good athlete that needs to act like the leader we all know he can be, I'm no longer a fan of one team or for another, I just enjoy watching good games. Maybe if you got off the SC bandwagon and see it the way any other basketball fan would you may agree. Adidas you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that, but I don't feel that way towards the two and sure that several others don't as well. But I will agree and sure both of us do, some of the passes he makes are uncalled for as well as his style of play when he gets frustrated.

Just because BMR let you handle the water durring games dosn't mean you are a coach.:BigLaugh:
"LazerMan" Wrote:My uncle was on the stage when this happened and said that everyone was yelling, then when bundy and may went to the ground, and watch the film on hometown tv, bundy did not sling him to the ground, they were going down and bundy held on to may to keep him from falling too hard, watched it, thats what happened. then may stood up and wanted to go to duke city, the refs were holding may and one of the asst coaches stood up and yelled and called bundy a "#@$# ******" well, at that time is when dad anc coach had words. the coach came over to dad and put his finger in his face>>> well, the rest is history. Sheldon clark is tougt to play dirty, now this ant the baby tigers no more. SC lost, bottom line........... and lost fair

This sounds like a crediable account of what happened, but Paintsville should not be allowed to sit their fans behind the opponets bench without some type of barrier. (A bar of some kind, rope, or even police present). The police did a good job, but the Father should had been thrown out. If a SC fan started having words with BMR he listens to the game on his radio. Maybe the SC assitant coach should had also been tossed if they toss the fater. All P'ville has to do is put a couple of cops behind the bench in the folding chairs and this would have never been an issue. They usually stand at the doors, but at least one on the stage in the folding chairs behind the opponets bench would suffice.
It's over and thats all that matters. Both teams are still going to play well despite the little scene displayed for all the fans. Move on!
"Matney's Prodigey" Wrote:This sounds like a crediable account of what happened, but Paintsville should not be allowed to sit their fans behind the opponets bench without some type of barrier. (A bar of some kind, rope, or even police present). The police did a good job, but the Father should had been thrown out. If a SC fan started having words with BMR he listens to the game on his radio. Maybe the SC assitant coach should had also been tossed if they toss the fater. All P'ville has to do is put a couple of cops behind the bench in the folding chairs and this would have never been an issue. They usually stand at the doors, but at least one on the stage in the folding chairs behind the opponets bench would suffice.

Seriously have you ever been to Paintsville's gym?? The stage is not really behind either bench. I don't see why you have a problem with stands being behind anyone's bench. Those folding chairs are there and reserved for people, so they don't have to look through the blechers trying to find a spot if they're important or paid extra for those folding chairs. I'm sure there was a cop or some sort of correctional officer on the stage, whether in uniform or not there usually is one up there somewhere. If it had been your child, and the opposing teams assistant coach called him whatever he did, if even did and you were in range to hear it you're telling me you wouldn't say a word??
Yea SC lost as did LC and everyone else that comes in there and plays, Lost fair, well I dont know i wasnt there, but I know that we had just played SC a couple of nights before that and they play hard, Play dirty there is no way, there Coach is a class act and would never let his boys go for that. Its hard to win there for the fact they have the refs under there thumb. Is that a bad thing no, and yea you have seen me on here complain about the officals, I just wish we could get them calls at our house.
I believe there were 44 or 45 turnovers in the game. I only heard the final minutes on the radio coming into range. Sheldon Clark had 19 turnovers and Paintsville had 25 I believe. I heard 20 in the 4th quarter, but I can't confirm that.