Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you played or tried to play college football
Share your stories on playing or trying to play football-- is it all that it seems or nothing that is seems?
I was supposed to go take my ACT and sign with Campbellsville, but I went and watched Larry the Cable Guy and didn't wake up to go take it..lol..So I almost tried!
Played........loved it........would do it again in a second
I played. It was hard to get used to the game speed as it was obviously alot faster coming out of high school. It was a complete different ballgame with a harder weight lifting program and alot more team rules and such. But I will say, its not for everyone.

But I wouldnt trade the experience and friends I made for nothing and would do it again in a heart beat. Certainly, many players do not make it to the NFL and most have no chance to make it to the NFL so I looked at it like it was my last 4 years to ever play football and and it was. And I know that if I had'nt, I would have regretted it, bad.
nky Wrote:Played........loved it........would do it again in a second

VoR_58 Wrote:I played. It was hard to get used to the game speed as it was obviously alot faster coming out of high school. It was a complete different ballgame with a harder weight lifting program and alot more team rules and such. But I will say, its not for everyone.

But I wouldnt trade the experience and friends I made for nothing and would do it again in a heart beat. Certainly, many players do not make it to the NFL and most have no chance to make it to the NFL so I looked at it like it was my last 4 years to ever play football and and it was. And I know that if I had'nt, I would have regretted it, bad.

Where did you all play?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
king360 Wrote:I was supposed to go take my ACT and sign with Campbellsville, but I went and watched Larry the Cable Guy and didn't wake up to go take it..lol..So I almost tried!

I bet you wouldn't trade that experience for anything either.
VoR_58 Wrote:I played. It was hard to get used to the game speed as it was obviously alot faster coming out of high school. It was a complete different ballgame with a harder weight lifting program and alot more team rules and such. But I will say, its not for everyone.

You would have regretted it bad. I passed up the chance to play or at least try to play in college. I enjoyed college and got a good education but not playing is one of the biggest regrets I have.
I played at a NCAA DII school in Western PA. Started 3 years
Westside Wrote:I bet you wouldn't trade that experience for anything either.

Def. would have went and took the test if I could do it over.
I played College. I honestly prefer High School athletics over College
misterperfect Wrote:where did you all play?

eku
I started getting heavily recruited my junior year. I had 4 scholarship offers in all, one d-2, and 3 NAIA.
Halfway threw my senior year, i completely destroyed my knee, getting chop blocked and flipped over backwards. I completely tore my MCL. However, I kept playing throughout the rest of my senior year, (4 games) with this injury(didnt know it had done that much damage until after the season ended). Because of that I lost a lot of speed and explosiveness, as well as my ability to really get out front.
I clocked a 4.9 40 my junior year and won 2 weightlifting competitons, as a 6'4 280 pound Tackle on both sides of the ball.
After the injury I really didnt here anything from the colleges recruiting me, as I expected. My 40 time after I had recovered went to a 5.7, and I had lost 40 pounds, due to not lifting my lower body.
In all, i dont regret playing the rest of that year, no matter what college you go to, i dont believe anything is as important as your senior year of high school football, playing with the guys you grew up with (unless a scholarship playing football is the only way you can go to college, which I had academic scholarships that got me threw).
Started three years NAIA out of state. Nice to tell my kids I played, not so nice the daily reminders in the elbow and knee.