Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ironton,OH 29 Russell 13
final
Much improved devils tonight! Great game Russell!
Nothing to hang your heads on Devils. You proved many wrong tonight. Russell just doesn't have the break away players we have seen in the past. We did well on both sides of the ball. Some bad missed blocks, but much more in control this game. Ironton had a very great ball carrier in #28, he gave it all he could every time he touched the ball. Congrats to IRONTON........again.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
I'm surprised by the final score, didn't really expect it to be this close.
Even tho it was a loss, sounds like Russell **** around for a half. An gave those tigers a bit more of a game than many thought including me! Can't wait til next Friday. Cats an devils! Looking for a better game than the last couple of years out of the devils.

Congrats to Ironton. Be seeing ya! :ChairHit:
BADCAT74 Wrote:Even tho it was a loss, sounds like Russell **** around for a half. An gave those tigers a bit more of a game than many thought including me! Can't wait til next Friday. Cats an devils! Looking for a better game than the last couple of years out of the devils.

Congrats to Ironton. Be seeing ya! :ChairHit:

Where is the game going to be played at?
Russell really killed themselves on offense again. 3rd and 2 at the 3 yard line and they run into each other in the backfield for a big loss. Another fieldgoal. They have to start scoring TDs.

Another interception that was really the back breaker. Russell driving in Ironton territory down 22-13, 4th and 6, play action and the reciever is WIDE open. I think he was so open that Cooper tried to just guide the ball. Threw it way over the reciever, Ironton picks it off and returns it back into Russell terrritory. Another Ironton TD. Ball game.

For the positives. Russell moved the ball well all night. On the ground and threw the air. The defense did a good job against that big offensive line of Irontons and didn't get pushed around. It was almost a replay of last week except Ironton is bigger and faster than Greenup. Warner is a man running the ball. You are not going to arm tackle that cat.

It was a really good and physical game to watch. This game will make both teams better and really shows why this rivalry should be played every year.

Get ready BADCAT, Here we come. We may break a record for kicking field goals this year. Unfortunately! Next week should be another good game.
Stardust Wrote:Where is the game going to be played at?
At Pukenam Stadium.:devilflam
That's historic Putnam Stadium..... Fball.:dontthink.
FBALL Wrote:Russell really killed themselves on offense again. 3rd and 2 at the 3 yard line and they run into each other in the backfield for a big loss. Another fieldgoal. They have to start scoring TDs.

Another interception that was really the back breaker. Russell driving in Ironton territory down 22-13, 4th and 6, play action and the reciever is WIDE open. I think he was so open that Cooper tried to just guide the ball. Threw it way over the reciever, Ironton picks it off and returns it back into Russell terrritory. Another Ironton TD. Ball game.

For the positives. Russell moved the ball well all night. On the ground and threw the air. The defense did a good job against that big offensive line of Irontons and didn't get pushed around. It was almost a replay of last week except Ironton is bigger and faster than Greenup. Warner is a man running the ball. You are not going to arm tackle that cat.

It was a really good and physical game to watch. This game will make both teams better and really shows why this rivalry should be played every year.

Get ready BADCAT, Here we come. We may break a record for kicking field goals this
year. Unfortunately! Next week should be another good game.

Whats the barber say..... Next !!!!!!!!
Bring on the Evils!!! Hey it's gearing up to be a good game!

Hee hee ... for a change! :lmao:
BADCAT74 Wrote:That's historic Putnam Stadium..... Fball.:dontthink.
You liked that one and you know it. :biggrin:
BADCAT74 Wrote:Whats the barber say..... Next !!!!!!!!
Bring on the Evils!!! Hey it's gearing up to be a good game!

Hee hee ... for a change! :lmao:
Here Kitty Kitty.
FBALL Wrote:Russell really killed themselves on offense again. 3rd and 2 at the 3 yard line and they run into each other in the backfield for a big loss. Another fieldgoal. They have to start scoring TDs.

Get ready BADCAT, Here we come. We may break a record for kicking field goals this year. Unfortunately! Next week should be another good game.
Still Fball another loss,, when was the last time you all started the season 1-3, after next weeks loss to the Tomcats, looks like the Devils are in for a long season. Do you agree also?
congrats to the tigers
old warrior Wrote:Still Fball another loss,, when was the last time you all started the season 1-3, after next weeks loss to the Tomcats, looks like the Devils are in for a long season. Do you agree also?

No I don't agree it will be a "long season". I think Russell has played pretty well so far. They are mostly sophmores and juniors and are only getting better. There is nothing wrong with losing a hard fought game to a good team. Ironton is a good team. Greenup has a good team this year. Playing that kind of competition and then Ashland next week will only prepare them for district play and the playoffs.

I don't know when the last time Russell started 1-3 was and it doesn't really matter. This years team will not be a pushover for anybody. The only real flaw that troubles me is their failure to score TDs when driving the ball. They have to finish those drives. Fortunately most of those mistakes are correctable. I like this team and think they have potential to make some noise in class 3A.
I wished the Ky team could have pulled this one out.
Cut down on mistakes & Russell will have a good long season. Again looking forward to next week.
good luck to russell in the next game against the tomcats....if it is a game.......