Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Cal in Prestonsburg
Just figured I'd give everyone a little insight to what Coach Cal had to say during his speech at the UK Alumni Association event in Prestonsburg tonight.

The biggest thing that stood out to me was that he came out and admitted that he literally sat by his phone 3 years ago when Tubby left, waiting for UK to call him. He said he would call his wife every couple of hours checking to see if they had called yet. Said he finally just gave up.

Then he immediately started talking about how good of a person Tubby Smith was and how hard it would have been to follow in the footsteps of Tubby, who won a National Championship at UK. Said the good thing about getting the call last year instead of 3 years ago was that it was much easier following in the footsteps of Gillispie than it would have been to follow Tubby. Thought that was kind of funny.

Also said he expects to hear something on Kanter in the next two weeks.
Man I am telling you, he is a PR master. Potentially a better media darling than Pitino. Pretty much the opposite of good ole Billy, it just wasnt his personality.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I love Cal, and had no idea he was gonna be in Prestonsburg or I woulda been there... ****!