Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
GRC
100.00%
Montgomery Co.
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Rogers Clark @ Montgomery Co. 9/3
Any thoughts? Montgomery looks improved but so does ClarK.
I think Clark County pulls this out
Clark, and not by a few.
Depth and youth catch up with Montgomery again. Clark 35, Montgomery 14.

Montgomery's young skill players will keep it close until late.
Yeah I think depth will be an issue. Can't believe Montgomery's roster is so small this year.
Participation levels have been an issue there for years, and for the life of me from afar, I cannot figure out why.
grc
This game may be closer than most think. It will be the first game the Cards have played since the death of football player Mykal Barns. It will be an emotional game for the Cards, as this whole season will be.
Tica Wrote:Participation levels have been an issue there for years, and for the life of me from afar, I cannot figure out why.

The attitude is: "Why play if I only see the field from the sideline". Keep hearing the same every year that we need to get the numbers up, but every year we keep trying to play iron man football at the 5A level. Surely the sideline bodies could go in occasionally to give players a chance to catch their breath.
GRC 35
Montgomery County 13
The key to Montgomery's future success depends on building depth. They have good players coming up, they just need to keep them on the field. They have had great success at the middle school and those groups have some talent. If all of them keep playing, in two years MCHS should dress about 60 kids 10-12. When and if that happens, they will be able to compete at a higher level.