Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds: Chapman to start Tuesday night versus Brewers
The Reds announced today that rookie flamethrower Aroldis Chapman will be called up to the Reds for Tuesday's game against the Milwaukee Brewers.
This is great, the kid is unreal. He threw two pitches 105mph back to back other night in AAA. WOW
I am so excited to see this kid up there. He is going to sure up that bullpen even more than before, adding an incredible lefty arm to go with some of the other heavy duty arms! Imaging Volquez, Leake (after DL), Ondrusek, Bray, Masset, Rhodes, Cordero.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MVP2 Wrote:This is great, the kid is unreal. He throw two pitches 105mph back to back other night in AAA. WOW

But it's his offspeed that needs considerable work. He will get by with the Fastball for a few games, but MLB hitters can amazingly catch up to a fast ball. They could hit lightning if it comes at them at the same consistency.
Harang is going to start, they are calling Chapman up for relief. He has pitched the last 30 innings in relief.

They want to get him on the field, so he is elgible for the playoffs should they make them.

I'll be in the first row this evening rooting the redlegs to victory.
Chapman will be in the pen, not starting. Let's hope Harang can get his head out of his *** and actually pitch a decent game. He pitched in 2 rehab assignments in AAA and had a 9 ERA. Not what you like to see from your "#1 pitcher".
If Harang does not come back from his rehab assignments and pitches a good game, then they need to place him on waivers or not renew his contract for next year. There are to many good young pitching prospects in the farm system to continue to give Harang a shot at starting.
Navajo4life Wrote:If Harang does not come back from his rehab assignments and pitches a good game, then they need to place him on waivers or not renew his contract for next year. There are to many good young pitching prospects in the farm system to continue to give Harang a shot at starting.

:Thumbs::Thumbs:
Navajo4life Wrote:If Harang does not come back from his rehab assignments and pitches a good game, then they need to place him on waivers or not renew his contract for next year. There are to many good young pitching prospects in the farm system to continue to give Harang a shot at starting.

So did Harang do well enough?

I'm hopeful that with the lead, the Reds still pitch Chapman
Dusty Baker said he wanted a more relax atomsphere to bring in Chapman. A 8-3 lead in he bottom on the 6th right now. I think we may still see him, I sure hope so. Go Reds!
MVP2 Wrote:Dusty Baker said he wanted a more relax atomsphere to bring in Chapman. A 8-3 lead in he bottom on the 6th right now. I think we may still see him, I sure hope so. Go Reds!

I'm still waiting for the crowd to go nuts to give us an idea he is warming up.

1-2-3 7th, will they pitch him in the 8th??????
Well there he is warming up...........
Just shown him warming up!
warming up now
Took him 4 pitches to get his 1st career K, one of them being 102mph!
1,2,3 for Chapman! Domination!
Chapman is an absolute beast on the mound!! I am so pumped about having this bullpen making this playoff push!!!! Go Redlegs!!!!
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
I must say, I was impressed with Chapman last night. Several pitches clocked at over 100 mph, with the highest reaching 103!!! Also a good decision by Dusty to bring him to face the bottom third of the Brewers' order, so he could ease into his first big league appearance. Those three jokers he faced last night looked completely overmatched. Look forawrd to seeing how he does against a Prince Fielder or an Adrian Gonzalez.

As for the comments about Harang, everybody needs to just settle down. Considering the money he is owed the rest of this year (about 2 million) and the way he has pitched, his trade value is zip. The only thing the Reds could do would be release him, but at this point there's no reason to. Rosters just expanded from 25 to 40, so there's plenty of room to keep him on the team without taking up a spot from a more deserving player. And worse case scenario, he could always eat up some innings in a blowout. And trust me, he will NOT be on the team next year, Cincy will decline his option, pay him his $2 million buyout, and wish him well.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
That was absolutely EXCITING last night!
Yeah, that Chapman kid has a pretty fair fastball..Nothing I havent seen before. I mean ****, who couldnt throw 169mph when your launching it with a rocket launcher...

Wait..that wasnt a rocket launcher? :igiveup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
104 tonight
More Cowbell Wrote:I must say, I was impressed with Chapman last night. Several pitches clocked at over 100 mph, with the highest reaching 103!!! Also a good decision by Dusty to bring him to face the bottom third of the Brewers' order, so he could ease into his first big league appearance. Those three jokers he faced last night looked completely overmatched. Look forawrd to seeing how he does against a Prince Fielder or an Adrian Gonzalez.

As for the comments about Harang, everybody needs to just settle down. Considering the money he is owed the rest of this year (about 2 million) and the way he has pitched, his trade value is zip. The only thing the Reds could do would be release him, but at this point there's no reason to. Rosters just expanded from 25 to 40, so there's plenty of room to keep him on the team without taking up a spot from a more deserving player. And worse case scenario, he could always eat up some innings in a blowout. And trust me, he will NOT be on the team next year, Cincy will decline his option, pay him his $2 million buyout, and wish him well.

I understand everything with Harang. I think that with Harang you have sucha unique situation were a former franchise pitcher has now became the bottom feeder for a rotation in the middle of a playoff push. However, it would be an absolute injustice to completely leave him out to dry in the middle of the push. I think that ultimately he will be in the pen by the time a post season rotation will come about but after everything he has been through with the Reds he is due a spot to share the experience.
[SIZE="4"]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I understand everything with Harang. I think that with Harang you have sucha unique situation were a former franchise pitcher has now became the bottom feeder for a rotation in the middle of a playoff push. However, it would be an absolute injustice to completely leave him out to dry in the middle of the push. I think that ultimately he will be in the pen by the time a post season rotation will come about but after everything he has been through with the Reds he is due a spot to share the experience.

Reds have said they have no intention of moving him to the bullpen