Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 16 Boyd County 7
Final.

Pikeville ran the ball well tonight,seem like a totally different team the 2nd half. I'm glad to see the Panthers win this one.The Panthers have very tough schedule, good luck the rest of the season.
Here is what I saw, they tried to pass in the first half, mistake, 2nd half, they ran the ball, very well. Pikeville will go as far as randy maynard can take them.
GO PANTHERS!!!!!
When Maynard threw the pick to start the game I really thought this group would just drop their heads and quit and it would get ugly quick as has been the case in recent years. But this group showed their mental toughness and came out the second half with blood in their eyes. Randy Maynard looked like Tim Tebow out there in the 2nd half.
Maynard looked to be very gassed when i finally got to take a look at the game online. If Maynard is the only type of offense then he will be killed all game if he isnt going to get any help. The line for watch i watched did an excellent job making wholes for him to run in. So what grade is the # 5 kid in? Dont believe i saw him or heard of him last year.
Pikeville looked much improved from last week at the teco bowl....congrats panthers
Not bad tonight. First half was not very good, tried to force the ball too much. The 2nd half was outstanding. That is the most energy I have seen a Pikeville team play with since 2007. Caleb Campoy was huge on the D-Line tonight. Pikeville will struggle some offensively, but hopefully they keep the momentum rolling and play good D like they did tonight. Proud of the men in maroon tonight.
Very impressive win tonight for Pikeville, though the bowl gitters showed in the first quarter. Once they settled down though they looked really good and ran the ball really well, which impressed me a lot considering this is one of the smallest Pikeville teams I think I have ever seen up front. Like the style of offense, shotgun scares me though when your trying to run the clock out. Love the spread offense, but I hope in the coming weeks they will work with the QB and looking toward a second option when they pass...middle of the field had slot receivers wide open all night. Defense held there ground against a decent running attack, but they will have start wrapping up better in the open field when tackling.
When is this game gonna be on re-run on T.V.?

Congrats Pikeville!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Nice win for the Panthers but a tougher opponent is awaiting next week! Still it will be a game they take alot from and improve overall.
MisterPerfect Wrote:When is this game gonna be on re-run on T.V.?

Congrats Pikeville!

Never mind this post. I figured it out. The game will be replayed Monday at 7p.m. If anyone else would like to know.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Love seeing that Pikeville was able to pull this one out.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Never mind this post. I figured it out. The game will be replayed Monday at 7p.m. If anyone else would like to know.
Thanks!
Panther Thunder Wrote:Thanks!

No problem. How did the new freshmen transfer do?
#BBFL
MisterPerfect Wrote:No problem. How did the new freshmen transfer do?
Hall? Solid. Nice interception and return before the half.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Hall? Solid. Nice interception and return before the half.

Good to hear.:Thumbs:
#BBFL
Congrats Panthers!
Great game for the Panthers. I was really impressed with the team as a whole especially in the 2nd half, but how about that punt return for Chase Hall to end the 1st half ? This kid looked great on that play. A gutsy group of Panthers!
Why didn't #21 Chase Hall get to run the ball? big mistake not using this kid. Did throw to him a couple of times but only when QB was in trouble. Good luck Chase and Panthers.
BOBCAT-BLACK & GOLD Wrote:Why didn't #21 Chase Hall get to run the ball? big mistake not using this kid. Did throw to him a couple of times but only when QB was in trouble. Good luck Chase and Panthers.

If Chase keeps working hard he is going to be a stud.
I picked Boyd Co. in this one, but I'm glad I was wrong. Congrats Pikeville.
I would have liked to seen Hall get a few carries. He is definitely a player.
Boyd County beat themselves in all reality. They never really took advantage of the mistakes that Pikeville made in the first half. Still they had a chance to win with about 5 to go in the 4th with Pikeville facing 4th and around 15. Hats off to the Maynard kid, he showed a lot of heart. Honestly, and I know this is going to sound weird but does anyone else who watched the game think that Pikeville kind of won this game because nothing was going right? What I mean is, nothing besides the run at times was working; so Maynard started to improvise and scramble for yards. It caught Boyd county off guard and I think it even suprised Pikeville but hey it worked and the Panthers got the win......Congrats Pikeville
Good job Pikeville, I've always hated them because of the basketball rivalry with ER but I've found myself rooting for them. I'm glad they won, and I hope they have a good season and get back to their previous level of domination!
MisterPerfect Wrote:Never mind this post. I figured it out. The game will be replayed Monday at 7p.m. If anyone else would like to know.

Do you know if the other games will be played with it...ER vs. SV? And what about Saturday nights games?
congrats to Pikeville
vundy33 Wrote:Do you know if the other games will be played with it...ER vs. SV? And what about Saturday nights games?

I do know the PCC and Phelps game was re-runned today at around 3. But I don't know about the others.
#BBFL
Pikeville came out 2nd half totally different than 1st half. 1st game jitters probably. Defense stepped it up a notch. Great win.