Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co. 16 - Campbellsville 6
Went to the game and have the following to say:
1. Breathitt hopefully is better than they played tonight or they are in trouble.
2. Campbellsville is better than I thought, especially on defense.
3. The game flow was...Big play, penalty, cramp, cramp, big play, penalty, cramp...ect...

Worst game I have seen be a Breathitt team in a long while. Like I said, I hope that they were just cruising and this was just a fluke, but I dunno, it looked bad tonight.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Glad B.C. was able to take this one.
Not bad for what was supposed to be a scrimmage/bye week for Breathitt. Cville needs a true QB, but athlete vs athlete....we we were a little outnumbered, but held our own. Good job both teams.
Well this one sounds sloppy congrats to BC.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Went to the game and have the following to say:
1. Breathitt hopefully is better than they played tonight or they are in trouble.
2. Campbellsville is better than I thought, especially on defense.
3. The game flow was...Big play, penalty, cramp, cramp, big play, penalty, cramp...ect...

Worst game I have seen be a Breathitt team in a long while. Like I said, I hope that they were just cruising and this was just a fluke, but I dunno, it looked bad tonight.

You said in the prediction thread that if Breathitt only beat Campbellsville by 2 scores that they were in trouble. Still feel that way? How many players did Campbellsville have?
5th baseball Wrote:Not bad for what was supposed to be a scrimmage/bye week for Breathitt. Cville needs a true QB, but athlete vs athlete....we we were a little outnumbered, but held our own. Good job both teams.
The C-Ville QB completed about 70% of his passes, or so it seemed. Breathitt had a swiss-cheese pass defense tonight, hope they improve quickly. I underestimated C-Ville and they performed well, I admit when I am wrong.

Norm Peterson Wrote:You said in the prediction thread that if Breathitt only beat Campbellsville by 2 scores that they were in trouble. Still feel that way? How many players did Campbellsville have?
I do feel that way. C-Ville has about 26 players. They are athletic 1-11, but have no depth.

25-26 players, but thats counting freshman that don't see playing time.
5th baseball Wrote:Not bad for what was supposed to be a scrimmage/bye week for Breathitt. Cville needs a true QB, but athlete vs athlete....we we were a little outnumbered, but held our own. Good job both teams.
C-Ville did hold their own and did not quit. I was impressed by the Eagles and think they will have a good season in 1A, barring injury.

I'm pretty sure there was 0 passing for the eagles in the first half (they didn't throw much though)...maybe a little better in 2nd half, but any run we could make would need to be better than that. Mckenzie is a legit prospect for NAIA to low D1 schools, but needs a QB that can get it to him.
I was also there tonight and I agree that it was a very rough game for Breathitt. Way to many penalties for the Bobcats, had several offsides and holding calls. Also had some stupid penalties such as late hits and bad sportsmanship penalties. Had a lot of players cramp up tonight, need to try and get that under control before the big games start. Hopefully the Bobcats will do better next time
Neither team played well. What was most suprising to me was that both teams played the same defense and yet neither team took advantage of what the other team was giving them. Campbellsville had 5 in the box and Breathitt continued to run outside instead of pounding it between the tackles. Breathitt never adjusted when Campbellsville motioned to trips and yet Campbellsville did nothing to use that to their advantage. Poorly played by both teams all the way around.
Neither team played well. What was most suprising to me was that both teams played the same defense and yet neither team took advantage of what the other team was giving them. Campbellsville had 5 in the box and Breathitt continued to run outside instead of pounding it between the tackles. Breathitt never adjusted when Campbellsville motioned to trips and yet Campbellsville did nothing to use that to their advantage. Poorly played by both teams all the way around.

i agree
Congrats BC.
breathitt has alot to do. but they will be ok.one thing is get the cramping to stop.the trent kid an coxs played there hearts out.
They better get it under control fast.The next few games could be very ugly.Glad to see The BrahmaBull there last night and his father.
A win is a win I guess.
they should have killed this team..
^ seemed like from the prediction threads that if BC did not route Campbellsville it would be a dissappointment
Stardust Wrote:^ seemed like from the prediction threads that if BC did not route Campbellsville it would be a dissappointment

It was a huge disappointment.
So will the bobcats be able to compete in 3A this season?
it could be a long year for the bobcat
madman Wrote:breathitt has alot to do. but they will be ok.one thing is get the cramping to stop.the trent kid an coxs played there hearts out.

im sorry but their not the only kids that played their heart out.
i give credit to all because they couldnt of pulled it off if it wasnt for the rest.
i have total faith in these guys.
everyone cramped up and im glad boo boo can run fast he is a great player.
i also feel sorry for the players that cramped really bad and still got out there and stuck it out.
THE BOBCATS DID A WONDERFUL JOB at least they beat them.
they didnt never stop trying its hard to play when your all cramped up.
Smile
congrats guys
CardinalAlum Wrote:So will the bobcats be able to compete in 3A this season?
In my opinion, yes. They have a lot of work to do, but they will be ready when playoff time arrives. Also, 3A has no strong teams, it is wide open. 3A is weaker in 2010 than in 2009, and that was a very down year.

BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:They better get it under control fast.The next few games could be very ugly.Glad to see The BrahmaBull there last night and his father.
Good to see you there also. Hope the Bobcats can pull it together and make a run in the playoffs. I have faith in the coaching staff to get them prepared as they have in the past.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:In my opinion, yes. They have a lot of work to do, but they will be ready when playoff time arrives. Also, 3A has no strong teams, it is wide open. 3A is weaker in 2010 than in 2009, and that was a very down year.
Thanks for the insight I think the upcoming game this week will be very interesting
Referencing the prediction threads, I wonder how many Campbellsville players "Quit after the beating Breathitt put on them"???????
ckns Wrote:im sorry but their not the only kids that played their heart out.
i give credit to all because they couldnt of pulled it off if it wasnt for the rest.
i have total faith in these guys.
everyone cramped up and im glad boo boo can run fast he is a great player.
i also feel sorry for the players that cramped really bad and still got out there and stuck it out.
THE BOBCATS DID A WONDERFUL JOB at least they beat them.
they didnt never stop trying its hard to play when your all cramped up.
Smile
congrats guys
you are right . they all played hard an with there heart.they need to work on the hold calls an late hits.these things can bit in the but late on in games.
If BC is able to compete in 3A then 3A is one horrible class IMO. Campbellsville maybe has 13 players that see playing time and thats offense, defense, and special teams. This was a back and forth game with neither team doing much on offense until about 3 minutes to go in the 1st half. Cville had no kicking game so BC was able to flip the field on cville and the Punt returner fielding a ball on the 5 yard line and falling down didnt help. That resulted in a safety on on the free kick BC started the drive on the 30 yard line.

As for Cville they will be ok in their district and might actually have a chance to win it IMO and could win a playoff game as well. Depth is a MAJOR issue for Cville this season but they do have some decent playermakers, and their defense was better than i expected